On Twinndolin's Ban

RaindropsKeepFalling

6 hours ago, xMuted said:

As much as i love Pancho, this ain't no HOI4

…I’ve been getting back into HOI4 lately…

10 hours ago, Nug said:

executing a ban on an """important""" player should have some preparation, like having squak's reply basically ready to explain to her entire playerbase instead of just leaving them to freak tf out until the admins can convene on a statement

stop acting like you got shot because you didn't see a response quick enough

4 minutes ago, un-w said:

oh jesus christ stop acting like you got shot because you didn't see a response quick enough

unwillingly more like delusionalingly

what are you talking about?? im just saying, they couldve avoided a whole shitstorm on the forums

like i dont even log on to rp or care about the player/nation/ban/whatever

9 hours ago, Nug said:

unwillingly more like delusionalingly

what are you talking about?? im just saying, they couldve avoided a whole shitstorm on the forums

like i dont even log on to rp or care about the player/nation/ban/whatever

no because the entire "they took too long to reply!!!1" thing is just you strawgrasping and looking for a reason to look victimized. who cares if they took more than 12 hours to respond? "you should've replied faster instead of leaving everyone to freak tf out while they waited" as if you were having a panic attack because you cared so much about an online player's ban from a minecraft game

"they should've had a pre-typed response!!1" is also extremely silly as well and I shouldn't even need to explain why 

this goes for everyone else who is complaining about how long a response took btw

1 minute ago, un-w said:

this goes for everyone else who is complaining about how long a response took btw

Not the length but the quality. 

[///100% SHITPOST///0%INFLAMMATORY/CONTENT///]

yWKVUjw.png

*AHEM* ATTENTION ALL GAMERS,

I hope this reaches you well. For many years my friend I was like a prisoner blindfolded, fending of blows from every directions. What had I done to deserve this treatment? Activity %, vortex and nodes. We all had to suffer through this treatment, the normal player more than anyother. Until my blindfold was ripped from my eyes as I saw Twis convo screenshots.

She is GUILTY.

Guilty of shitposting. A right that staff wants to strip from us, the average player. In every thread staff members can shitpost, but we? We get a warning for inflammatory content.

Admins always say they want to make the server safer. But that is not true, they want to make the server safer for THEM. The Admins want to turn this once great server into a playground for little children. Who they then in return sell ingame crates too.

Ever wondered why the Cloud Temple looks like a minigame lobby? Because thats what they want. A Minigame server to fulfill their greedy desires.

We must stand up and defend our right to shitpost, before it is too late.

GAMERS RISE UP

Thank you for your attention.

29 minutes ago, sami03 said:

[///100% SHITPOST///0%INFLAMMATORY/CONTENT///]

yWKVUjw.png

*AHEM* ATTENTION ALL GAMERS,

I hope this reaches you well. For many years my friend I was like a prisoner blindfolded, fending of blows from every directions. What had I done to deserve this treatment? Activity %, vortex and nodes. We all had to suffer through this treatment, the normal player more than anyother. Until my blindfold was ripped from my eyes as I saw Twis convo screenshots.

She is GUILTY.

Guilty of shitposting. A right that staff wants to strip from us, the average player. In every thread staff members can shitpost, but we? We get a warning for inflammatory content.

Admins always say they want to make the server safer. But that is not true, they want to make the server safer for THEM. The Admins want to turn this once great server into a playground for little children. Who they then in return sell ingame crates too.

Ever wondered why the Cloud Temple looks like a minigame lobby? Because thats what they want. A Minigame server to fulfill their greedy desires.

We must stand up and defend our right to shitpost, before it is too late.

GAMERS RISE UP

Thank you for your attention.

Senator Armstrong Armstrong GIF - Senator Armstrong Armstrong Metal Gear  Rising - Discover & Share GIFs

Jv3POXfobZjbUdX0MJgvIvDH4meibIYdIIP-mIrtm5EOTVF6lygNVzu3vBsWflGa_EZ69tiVnhj81_ArlLcBd_SBtx_GKOOcFaxCd2_GmVfdLw0AYmkwrWaXzHCoI9J8-oDHCy-6H4FpT9l78j10Cg

You will not question the viability of the Admin Team’s story!”

Here's my personal take: I don't actually partake in much rp on this server, and when I do its casual stuff with friends and people whom I feel comfortable around. This being the case, I don't truly understand all of what's being said, and I don't quite think I'd care to learn more, all I know is that 80% of what I've read here is, simply put, words of unnecessary aggression over a video game. Lotc is meant at heart to be a place of community and fellowship where everybody can contribute their unique ideas and characters to create a larger economy of wonder and adventure. I truly believe that it is Community which holds this server together. Words of hate as I've seen countless times on these forums will breed only more hate and insensible responses. I know that none of you must follow my advice, but I'd like to contribute my personal ideas and request that if you do want to express your opinion, please do such in a beneficial way. I'm simply asking for a little decency, and for you to give a moments more thought to your words, Afterall, these are living people across the screen, not simply lines of code like a video game. Note that I take no side to this discussion and wish only for it to remain civil and kind. Have a great day :)

itdontmatta has done a lot of bold stuff as admin, mostly turned out bad for him, surprised hes still admin.

I am going to take the position that it is not reasonable for administrators to proactively try to enforce rules, or assume the intentions of players.

First of all, this entire server is one big ooc scheme. Trying to deliberate who's ooc'ly scheming is stupid, because we all know the High Elves went on their discord, ooc'ly complained, ooc'ly did everything, and did not try to do anything ic to save their nation. They had faith it would be dealt with ooc and it was.

I do not believe trying to stop a dead nation like haelunor from being taken over by a more active population is 'Killing the high elves'. I do not think that is 'killing a playerbase'.

I think behavior that would warrant a ban might include ooc'ly discluding players from roleplay based on who they are, or refusing to participate in roleplay. I think that having an ooc motivation and acting within the rules is quite frankly not against the rules, and is inherent to every player. If you can't accept that we are real people with real motivations and that flows into the game, we are never going to get anywhere.

I am going to make an educated guess based on my interactions with the staff teams of lotc. The admins arbitrarily decided to protect Haelun'or, albeit using justification from new and existing policies. It's obvious why --its a retirement home for a bunch of ex staff, or old players, all of whom have staff connections and influence. If they were really interested in roleplay, they would defend their city and save it. High Elves, believe it or not, can rally better than ive seen krugmar do some maps. 

From the evidence I have seen, staff members have interoplated private and public conversations of those opposed to Haelunor (which occurred, typically over ooc mediums whether that be pms, ooc chat, or discord) to be something they dislike. While no real rules have been broken (although i dare say high elven players have broken more rules by avoiding rp), head staff were tasked with eliminating the threat. So, admin team takes a arbitrary vote and nukes players off the server based off evidence presented by biased individuals because they're busy and have no time to take a holistic approach.

As a player i do find it funny how many people calling the current admin team and head staff tyrants or w/e cuz honestly, try playing lotc 10 years ago. The status quo was completely arbitrary decisionmaking, a random gm might wake up and feel like permaing you today, you can literally insult a gm in ooc and get gatted off the server. Yall living in a bubble grow up And play the game, let it be a game and stop taking things off the server.

The type of ooc hostility presented in this thread is exactly what @itdontmattashould be aiming to prevent, not the takeover of haelunor. A well aimed but short sighted attempt at curbing ooc hostility, it is evident that admin intervention is only going to generate more negativity on both sides. Letting this run its course would of resulted in a case that has proper evidence, a clear rulebreaker, and an obvious result. 

There's a reason the fbi waits when they know a crime has been committed and they know the perpetrator, and its to collect evidence. I think the staff team should work on compliance with existing rules, transparency, and accountability so it is easy for players to audit how exactly a decision was reached. Otherwise, it's always going to be players v staff, playerbase v playerbase.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:17 AM, _Sheylo_ said:

Too bad it was more of a hostile takeover than a coup, through OOC means.

Thank you for clarifying the definition of a coup. It is well known that coups have never resulted in the violent takeover of any nation in history.

3 minutes ago, grnappa said:

Thank you for clarifying the definition of a coup. It is well known that coups have never resulted in the violent takeover of any nation in history.

Coups come from within and hostile takeovers are usually from external forces, but pop off ig