LOTC Negativity Thread

TreeSmoothie

LOTC has been really negative lately, what with wars, bans, and whatnot. Yet some crazy people want to make this server more "safe" and "positive", I say, let's make it more negative! A cesspool, even.

Air out your dirty laundry. Become toxic. Pretend you're a thirteen year old in 2012 on an XBOX 360 voice chat lobby on Halo. 

this a meme please don't actually do that

personally, I believe our standard for skins is much too low. if they don't look like the image below (on the right), you're frankly just a bad skinner and you should not be alive.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't like people with a skin type different to mine. (Anime eyes are gross)

if you call your character a "smol bean" in an emote or their description, i'll pugsy you

Just now, UnBaed said:

if you call your character a "smol bean" in an emote or their description, i'll pugsy you

this is supposed to be a meme, no facts allowed 😡

You know what I hate what I really hate is when I hate things that I hate when I hate when you hate when I hate and you hate what I hate that I hate-

2x2 eyes

7 hours ago, UnBaed said:

insecure about something?

Back in LoTC's infancy, the bulk of our demographic were kids in the same age range of ~13-16. There was Mineman's big boom in popularity from the sensation of narrated playthroughs on YouTube. We got a shout-out and feature from the YogsCast on two separate occasions. I began playing LoTC either near the end of middle school, or as a freshman just entering high-school. LoTC offered such a unique avenue, especially for that ~2012 time period. There certainly was a form of escapism at hand and a lot of us back caught on to it but continued on no-less. The server and it's community offered a distraction from IRL stresses, the worry of school or the looming weight of actual responsibilities IRL, homework, assignments, etc.

We were dumb kids, had a centralized Teamspeak server that a majority of people would hang out in. The main LoTC TeamSpeak was poppin' 24/7, seven days a week. Mod's asleep? Shitpost with the Aussies. Just the fact we could've all been in the same school more times than not made us extremely comfortable around each other. We enjoyed the popular game of Mineman but had our little special club that uniquely used Mineman like no one else in the world did. I mean, fug, we had a booth at MineCon 2011 that Native ran -- the first ever one where Minecraft was officially 'released' by Notch. Jeb allegedly stumbled upon our booth praised how he found LoTC's premise as something distinctive in the Mineman -- let alone the harsh reality of the rp sphere online as a whole. We could boast we had actual wars, organized conflict, wars and conflicts, fostered governments and municipalities, etc. It blew our little developing brains that we could watch GoT and emulate the things we saw and due to the always online nature of LoTC, turn that influence into our own abridged take. This lead to a plethora of reasons for people to interact, and the social nature of roleplay, Skype being our central means of communication and Teamspeak to idly chat and sometimes try to organize lol. Over the years there were countless people I had the pleasure of meeting, many who left a stark impact on me for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, there's a time when you have to wake up and smell the coffee. Over a decade is a long time. Considerably so. Centuries for a community centered around a vidya game and a niche form of entertainment like roleplay/fantasy writing. Folks grow up. IRL calls. People just go their separate ways. It's the natural way of things but sometimes I do get struck by this sudden storm of nostalgia. I'll take a trip down memory lane through the forums or screenshots I have saved from back then. Probably once a year I'll dust off my Skype and take a peak to see if there's anything I can finagle in terms of reaching out to an old friend I haven't spoken to in ages. But it does hurt somewhat knowing that there's so many people that I regret not talking to or having some form of contact.

I'm an old fart now; somehow feeling old AF IRL despite being in my twenties. At it's core, LoTC's wholesome roots or just general aptitude for what it can provide at times to others is what keeps me around. But deep down, I still miss the folks I've lost touch with over the years and seeing their old posts hurts more often than not

1 hour ago, Heero said:

Back in LoTC's infancy, the bulk of our demographic were kids in the same age range of ~13-16. There was Mineman's big boom in popularity from the sensation of narrated playthroughs on YouTube. We got a shout-out and feature from the YogsCast on two separate occasions. I began playing LoTC either near the end of middle school, or as a freshman just entering high-school. LoTC offered such a unique avenue, especially for that ~2012 time period. There certainly was a form of escapism at hand and a lot of us back caught on. It a distraction from IRL stresses, the worry of school or the looming weight of actual responsibilities IRL, homework, assignments, etc.

We were dumb kids, had a centralized Teamspeak server that a majority of people would hang out in. The main LoTC TeamSpeak was poppin' 24/7, seven days a week. Just the fact we could've all been in the same school more times than not made us extremely comfortable around each other. We enjoyed the game of Mineman but had our little special club that uniquely used Mineman. We could boast we had actual wars, organized conflict, wars and conflicts, fostered governments and municipalities, etc. It blew our little developing brains that we could watch GoT and emulate the things we saw and due to the always online nature of LoTC, turn that influence into our own abridged take. This lead to a plethora of reasons for people to interact, and the social nature of roleplay, Skype being our central means of communication and Teamspeak to idly chat and sometimes try to organize lol. Over the years there were countless people I had the pleasure of meeting, many who left a stark impact on me for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, there's a time when you have to wake up and smell the coffee. Over a decade is a long time. Considerably so. Centuries for a community centered around a vidya game and a niche form of entertainment like roleplay/fantasy writing. Folks grow up. IRL calls. People just go their separate ways. It's the natural way of things but sometimes I do get struck by this sudden storm of nostalgia. I'll take a trip down memory lane through the forums or screenshots I have saved from back then. Probably once a year I'll dust off my Skype and take a peak to see if there's anything I can finagle in terms of reaching out to an old friend I haven't spoken to in ages. But it does hurt somewhat knowing that there's so many people that I regret not talking to or having some form of contact.

I'm an old fart now; somehow feeling old AF IRL despite being in my twenties. At it's core, LoTC's wholesome roots or just general aptitude for what it can provide at times to others is what keeps me around. But deep down, I still miss the folks I've lost touch with over the years and seeing their old posts hurts more often than not

garrett it's time for your pills 

2 hours ago, Heero said:

Back in LoTC's infancy, the bulk of our demographic were kids in the same age range of ~13-16. There was Mineman's big boom in popularity from the sensation of narrated playthroughs on YouTube. We got a shout-out and feature from the YogsCast on two separate occasions. I began playing LoTC either near the end of middle school, or as a freshman just entering high-school. LoTC offered such a unique avenue, especially for that ~2012 time period. There certainly was a form of escapism at hand and a lot of us back caught on. It a distraction from IRL stresses, the worry of school or the looming weight of actual responsibilities IRL, homework, assignments, etc.

We were dumb kids, had a centralized Teamspeak server that a majority of people would hang out in. The main LoTC TeamSpeak was poppin' 24/7, seven days a week. Just the fact we could've all been in the same school more times than not made us extremely comfortable around each other. We enjoyed the game of Mineman but had our little special club that uniquely used Mineman. We could boast we had actual wars, organized conflict, wars and conflicts, fostered governments and municipalities, etc. It blew our little developing brains that we could watch GoT and emulate the things we saw and due to the always online nature of LoTC, turn that influence into our own abridged take. This lead to a plethora of reasons for people to interact, and the social nature of roleplay, Skype being our central means of communication and Teamspeak to idly chat and sometimes try to organize lol. Over the years there were countless people I had the pleasure of meeting, many who left a stark impact on me for whatever reason.

didn't know they let you use the internet long enough to type all this at your nursing home...

also i hate staff

2 hours ago, Heero said:

-Snip-

You've just given up.