The administration needs intervention

Havsbris_

admins should just stop banning everyone for no reason -- why do we even have server rules if at the end it seems that continuing in the server is a mere matter of being liked by the admins?

people are comparing a minecraft server ban to a genocidal event in history i dont think i can do this anymore

I don't really want to argue whether Twi's ban is deserved or not since the Administration still failed to provide proper evidence, replying only with some slogans. Either way, what truly pains me is the fact that a grand amount of people view all those conflicts as purely OOC based whilst they're not. If we look back at Haelun'orian conflict we can split Twi’s side into several groups:

Mr Monkee provided Twi with some great help, and some think that it is because at that time a lot of Ferrymen were there, and just wanted to help Twi oocly. While I guess it is partly true, you cannot say that there were no IRP motives. Haelun'or looked down upon Mali'Fenn for centuries, calling them traitors of the path of purity, brainless worms etc. The fact that the fennic settlement was willing to help someone fight against Haelun'or seems more than natural. 

Kiwi and the group that first took over Haelun'or through diplomatic means aka were voted by citizens did a lot of rp. It wasn't just "Hey, I came and want my ruling position!"; They went through a very big job, and in many cases they were very unhappy  by the need of staying within Haelun'or. At the time of that conflict I mainly stood out of all the OOC bullshit that LOTC has to offer, and instead learnt most of the things irp. A good lot of people were supporting Twi while moving up in Haelun'orian ranks, and all of that didn't come from purely OOC intentions. If one were to RP with Twi's char, she could actually give a decent list of things that she wanted to change, and by that time needed to be changed. The fact that a lot of High Elves agreed to that also seems quite natural and worked through the IRP means. I am unable to say anything for Kiwi's character itself as I wasn't that close icly with her, but I can claim for sure that other people viewed current Haelun'or as something that had to be changed. 

Twi and her friends that weren't included in Kiwi's plan; Somehow, a lot of people make it sound that they are just some strangers that came from outside with their vile intentions of destroying some community "simply because they can". That is not true either. Twi's character has a very long relationship with Haelun'or, and throughout years after she left the city, she came across many people- they were either exiled or simply left Haelun’or, while some were only potential candidates that had irp reasons to dislike their culture of treating other races as lessers- and invited them to help with the cause IRP. Ivarielle had a solid picture of the new Haelun'or, and she explained it to quite some people icly. Mainly those changes were what at that time Haelun'or truly needed. Yes, that could alter its culture, yet wouldn't destroy it like everyone say. To be fair, the culture of Haelun'or, just like any other culture, always wavers and gets altered throughout the years. After Twi was forced to leave Haelun'or, they themselves aligned with orcs. Orcs! That is the race that they viewed as one of the stupidest, ugliest, etc ones. I remember one time when I let a single orc-trader pass through the gates, one of the old players IRPLY screeched at how bad the city had become.. And then they plead to orcs to help them. It is fair to mention that such alliances weren't a one time thing. In past years Haelun'or sometimes  contradicted their culture and bowed before other races. At some point they became vassals of Savoy, protected by Oren, orcs, etc. Twi wouldn't erase the culture. Maybe alter it, maybe make it more suitable nowadays, but not completely erase it.

Lastly, I wanted to say something about OOC intentions in general. When you play LOTC, wherever you go, you see people. Dwarves, elves, humans, halflings, it doesn't matter. The fact is that behind every figure of a player sits an actual human. Very few people on the server have their characters completely split from their own view of the world, and instead those personas are affected by it. They are not purely themselves as I hope that people that view murders as something OK in character don't do that OOCly (we hope), but the way that their character's opinion builds is most likely altered by the OOC opinions. Thus, it is quite stupid imho to say that some conflict are linked with OOC hatred.

Edited by _ZONTY_

9 hours ago, rukio said:

applique-only-gone-fishin-gone-fishing-c

Nah, your status update just proves it wasn't just some funny bait. You were serious but use the 'bait' excuse as ur get out of jail free card, very sad. Weren't Nectorist and narthok banned for recruiting tos banned players, despite everyone being wanrned that they would get banned if that happened.

837e263e542e3e542076cd079044152e.png

Edited by ReveredOwl

2 hours ago, ReveredOwl said:

Nah, your status update just proves it wasn't just some funny bait. You were serious but use the 'bait' excuse as ur get out of jail free card, very sad. Weren't Nectorist and narthok were banned for recruiting tos banned players, despite everyone being wanted that they would get banned if that happened.

Yup, this right here

On 7/13/2022 at 10:37 PM, Havsbris_ said:

If this, loose claims of 'ooc agenda plots' not only are given no details as to what, or evidence, then deserves a deeper investigation into the 'ooc plots' of every nation leader. Krugmar, Haelun'or, and further nations and settlements have, with screenshots ready and available, engaged in 'death war' plots, threats, and insults directed at other nations, with leaders engaging in ploys to oocly manipulate, and bully their way into dismantling other nations. This is not a Twinny, or Monkee exclusive thing, so if you're going to ban them over such a reason, the whole server needs an investigation then.

Lmao.

Spoiler

I laughed

Everyone seems focused on one point, the hostile takeover. The OOC plotting is what everyone does. Staff has said time and time again that discord is not considered rp. So when you get raided and ping everyone to get on to defend the city that by the definition of what staff says is OOC meta. Now I am focusing on the wrong point.

What people should focus on is whether or not Twi was actually harrassing/threatening people. This is a game and should be treated as such, for enjoyment. If there is someone who is taking this to a level where people do not feel safe on a platform designed for entertainment staff has every right to step up and remove the offending party.

Everyone keeps screaming about where is the proof of harrassment? What right is it of the entire playerbase to see it? It would only lead to more targetting, harrassment and threats. I have seen people saying that they are in the city government or they are good friends with Twi as justification. Who cares? If Twi was doing what they are accused of, shouldn't you have known and stopped it?

From the other side, anytime someone was banned under my tenure on moderation an explanation was offered, a hint of evidence; something more than just CVG and done. I also do not know if anything was discussed with Twi, not my place. Staff is not infallible (Odin knows I made my share of mistakes) and both parties require a platform to  be heard on. Should it be a public platform like the forums to post it on? Not for me to decide. If Twi wants a post why not share it with a mod or admin for some sort of review for "sensative" info and post on their behalf, or roll the dice and just post on their behalf?

tl/dr I lost my train of thought somewhere in the vomit of words above

20 minutes ago, Xalid said:

Everyone seems focused on one point, the hostile takeover. The OOC plotting is what everyone does. Staff has said time and time again that discord is not considered rp. So when you get raided and ping everyone to get on to defend the city that by the definition of what staff says is OOC meta. Now I am focusing on the wrong point.

What people should focus on is whether or not Twi was actually harrassing/threatening people. This is a game and should be treated as such, for enjoyment. If there is someone who is taking this to a level where people do not feel safe on a platform designed for entertainment staff has every right to step up and remove the offending party.

Everyone keeps screaming about where is the proof of harrassment? What right is it of the entire playerbase to see it? It would only lead to more targetting, harrassment and threats. I have seen people saying that they are in the city government or they are good friends with Twi as justification. Who cares? If Twi was doing what they are accused of, shouldn't you have known and stopped it?

From the other side, anytime someone was banned under my tenure on moderation an explanation was offered, a hint of evidence; something more than just CVG and done. I also do not know if anything was discussed with Twi, not my place. Staff is not infallible (Odin knows I made my share of mistakes) and both parties require a platform to  be heard on. Should it be a public platform like the forums to post it on? Not for me to decide. If Twi wants a post why not share it with a mod or admin for some sort of review for "sensative" info and post on their behalf, or roll the dice and just post on their behalf?

Off topic, @rukio. As your friend, I get the point you are trying to make but as someone who is Jewish and had family who survived with the markings on their arm, the comparison does not line up and I am pretty disappointed.

tl/dr I lost my train of thought somewhere in the vomit of words above

I think the reason people are more focused on the OOC plotting is because so many Human NL have done it before and not gotten banned for it. But I do agree that there should be more focus on if twi was actually harrassing/threatening people. Though I think the reason people want proof is cause there are accusations against both sides. Not just one side.

Administration could unironically shoot us all and there is nothing we could do about it. Though I do find it somewhat comical that everyone is making a scene without knowing what the evidence was- half of y’all be out here not even knowing why they were banned nor the evidence for it you just regurgitate the same shit everyone else is.

#UnbanXPlayerBecauseMeFinkTheyGoodPeoples

This is a minecraft server you don’t have rights. Don’t say dumb shit and you won’t get banned simple as, joking or not.

3 hours ago, ReveredOwl said:

Nah, your status update just proves it wasn't just some funny bait. You were serious but use the 'bait' excuse as ur get out of jail free card, very sad. Weren't Nectorist and narthok banned for recruiting tos banned players, despite everyone being wanrned that they would get banned if that happened.

Actually my status update was posted well before my funny bait. Unrelated to it, even. I am saddened by the failure of the admin team and no I don't think its relatable to the holocaust. The quote is literally meme'd to hell and back everywhere else. Relax.

Also no. They were 6 month banned for being in a group DM chat/friend discord with a TOS'd player. Who Narthok was specifically told he was allowed to be friends with. Someone posted a map when someone asked for one, some rat made it look like a scheming chat instead of a friend chat and everyone got shot because admins didn't actually look into it before they started blasting. 

1 hour ago, MissToni said:

Yup, this right here

Admins have told you not to interact with me in the past, please continue to do so.

I’d like to mention again, that I was rebanned for a month + appeal after an already 1 month ban for saying “I will only log on to spite the server”. Matta said it was to keep the server safe from me. I consider that bs. I’d like a change of admin but it won’t happen cus the person who oversees that is…the admins

4 minutes ago, rukio said:

Admins have told you not to interact with me in the past, please continue to do so.

Since you bothered to bring this up here, I was told the opposite, that it was you who wasn't supposed to interact with me. 

1 minute ago, MissToni said:

I was told the opposite, that it was you who wasn't supposed to interact with me. 

Peace love and kombucha please stop being obsessed with me. Admins have said neither of us are to interact with each other. Stop replying to me. I want nothing to do with you. Thanks. No more quote replying to me cheers. 

I am told not interact with any of you two, what do I do?

Jokes aside. Get that into your PMs. Debate there who of you isn't supposed to talk to who.