[✗] [Alchemy] Morgue Alchemy Pack

E__V__O

Morgue Alchemy Pack

SWZR1ty.png

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7c/ee/a3/7ceea3ab6092e6bcb0e3332227b7b298.jpg

Morgue Alchemy would have a focus based on death coming from three factors that surround it, before, near and after death. The pack includes four alchemical recipes that express that idea that isn’t malicious or made through dark intent, in the hope morgue alchemy would greater assist in roleplay when dealing with those coming to terms with death and preventing malicious intent in the afterlife. 

Recipes:

Liquid Preservation (T3 - Rare)

Recipe: 

• Base: Aqua vitae 1/2 + 1/2 Honey.

• x4 Life.

• x2 Slowness.

• x2 Silence.

• x1 Black Bile.

Creation:

Mixing the base to become indistinguishable from one another, met with a thickened pale yellow Aqua Vitae and honey base,  start adding in the rest of the symbols; each addition thickens the liquid to an extremely thick viscous state. Once all symbols have been added, rest for a narrative day so the viscous liquid can soften.

Effects:

Liquid Preservation works by preserving non-organic/organic matter when surrounded or encased in the viscous liquid. The preservation persists to ‘freeze’ time, placing the matter inside into a comatose state. While comatose, the subject forgoes reality living in blissful memories, real or not. The liquid would have to be stored away from open surroundings and in a state of unmoving for the preservation to work correctly; you’ll often find large vat tubes with the liquid on flat surfaces for the best effect.

Disturbing the liquid in any significant way by, eg- rupturing the vat will disturb the occupants waking them up instantly; in turn, when the subject wishes to wake, similarly to ending a ‘dream’, they will find it possible to escape.

Redlines:

• One bottle of liquid will fill one foot of ‘vat’ liquid to encase someone.

• Entering the liquid requires OOC & RP Consent. The player can ‘wake’ whenever they wish and escape the liquid even if ‘locked’ encased. Following capture rules.

• Disturbing the liquid from moving or destroying will ‘wake’ the occupants up. You require the player to be online for this to engage in roleplay unless OOC was given otherwise.

• The liquid preserves the body completely, removing the need for sustenance. Wounds/diseases if fatal or internal, will save a person while preserved, though require medical aid immediately when taken out.

• The liquid would preserve the body of the individual, preventing aging.

• Passive effects of the creature, magic, ext, still work. E.g., void stalker mana obelisk.

• Black Bile collected from animals is acceptable to use for the ingredient.

• Requires ST Signature for the potion and vat of liquid if a player is preserved.

Vivification Concoction (T3 - Rare)

Recipe

• Brewed In Sunlight Required.

• x3  Instability.

• x2 Grace.

• x2 Peace.

• x1 Vigor.

Creation:

Mixing the base to become indistinguishable from one another, met with a thickened pale yellow Aqua Vitae and honey base, allow rest within the open sun, allowing its rays to capture the cauldron's contents. Get the mixture to boil and stir the remaining symbols in.

Effects:

A calming solution to the one who consumes the liquid, lasting for one narrative hour, if one befalls death during this time, the concoction at the final breath eases the individual to a state of euphoria, unable to feel the pain of any affliction upon them. The individual would pass to the afterlife in peace, free from boundaries that hold them. 

The body of an individual who consumed the liquid, alive or dead, would feel barred from malicious magic commanding the individual's body or soul into further deeds. Forming a barrier with a soft shine of a faded aura around the corpse. The solution's second effect would only work if the body or soul of the individual isn’t under present magical interference, such as necrotic or mysticism. The solution would last for three IRL days on a corpse.

Redlines:

• The calming solution isn’t a pain mediator.

• The euphoria/no pain activates when the subject is on their death emote.

•  The second effect takes hold if the body isn’t influenced by necromancy, mysticism on death, or other related magics.

• The second effect can be cleansed by other alchemy.

• You cannot drink/consume the potion if you have no organic matter.

• Requires ST Signature.

Spectral Solution (T3 - Rare)

Recipe

• Aurum Cauldron Required.

• x3  Instability.

• x2 Separation.

• x2 Rigidity.

• x1 Ectoplasm.

Creation:

Mixing the base to become indistinguishable from one another, met with a thickened pale yellow Aqua Vitae and honey base, start adding in the rest of the symbols; each addition thickens the liquid to an extremely thick viscous state. Prepare an aurum lid for the cauldron; taking the last ingredient, ectoplasm, pour it in and seal with the aurum lid and heat the mixture on low for three narrative days. The mixture would combine, creating a spectral glow on the viscous liquid, echoing the aura of the last person to hold it physically.

Effects:

On consumption, the subject would find themselves met with the same spectral glow, echoing the user's aura around themselves and finding it possible to interact with spectral objects/beings physically, able to see spectral beings while vanished. You’re barred to only interacting with your body and no attachments. While induced, the subject puts you in a state of mind believing you’ve died and became a spectre yourself, making it possible for you to believe you’re incorporeal or able to vanish when not possible. The potion may induce sadness or depression from sudden death, forgetting your initial objective. The effect lasts a total of one narrative hour.

You may treat the viscous mixture in the creation process with an object or material, allowing the object to be physically held by spectres without telekinetic hands, feeling its weight and properties. The object cannot be made to hurt/harm spectres, although the spectre can use it to harm non-spectres. You cannot treat a lens to see ‘spectres’. The treatment is permanent.

Redlines:

• Requires the side effects to be roleplayed out correctly. If you drank the concoction to ‘detect ghosts’, you might fall victim to forgetting that original intention.

• The subject is still the person they once were, physical and tangible.

• When consumed, the user and spectre/ghost can interact physically. No ERP/FTB.

• Cannot be used to harm spectres/ghosts/ectoplasm creatures. Vice versa isn’t the same; they can utilise treated Spectral Solutions to harm others.

• Can be cured via other alchemical means early or, if treated, blight removal means.

• Treated Spectral Solution is interactable by spectres/ghosts/non-physical manifestations that have ectoplasm; the strength of the spectre lies in their living race strength on average.

• Requires ST Signature.

Death Dispersion (T3 - Rare)

Recipe

• Base: Aqua vitae

• x2 Chaos.

• x2 Impediment.

• x2 Fear.

• x1 Death.

Creation:

Mixing the base to become indistinguishable from one another, met with a thickened pale yellow Aqua Vitae and honey base, start adding in the rest of the symbols; each addition thickens the liquid to an extremely thick viscous state. Once all symbols have been added, boil the mixture on high with a lid covering the cauldron, pressure cooking the mixture. After a narrative day, the mixture would congeal down to a mixture barely enough to fill a bottle.

Effects:

A volatile concoction of liquid, ever moving in the bottle, trying to ‘free’ itself from its confines. If the lid is uncorked, much like burning incense, the scent would perforate the area, the liquid bubbling to a vapour, eventually, after six emotes or ten narrative minutes taking up a 6x6x6 area lasting a total of another six emotes or one narrative hour when the full radius is hit.

If the concoction is shattered through force, the mixture becomes more rapid, filling the area in half the time, three emotes to get to 6x6x6; lasting three emotes after hitting full size.

The concoction perforates a transparent white mist filling the surrounding area, the mist doesn’t afflict anything on the living, only the dead. When a spectre/ghost, risen creation, undeath, ext enter the mist, they’ll suffer the effects of paranoia and induced phantom pain on any part of them touching the mist doubling for each emote they remain inside. Beings directly controlled by magic are unaffected.

Redlines:

• The concoction will ‘ward’ off spectres/undeath of any kind by inducing paranoia and phantom pain while in the mist radius. The creatures can still attempt to stay in however suffer more ‘phantom pain’. The pain inflicted can go from a ‘cut from a blade’ to ‘being stabbed in the heart’ depending on how long they remain in the mist.

• Does not affect anyone living. This includes ‘undeath’ under alchemy, giving them ‘false life’.

• If a spectre/undeath, ext is being controlled directly by a caster, the pain/paranoia doesn’t affect them.

• Can be removed via an air purification potion and/or similar alchemical/magical effects.

• Requires ST Signature.

Citations:

Writer - Jenny_Bobbs / Evo

wheres the long sentences that say the PURPOSE!!!!!!!!

the stinky dead alch pack (still think my potion idea would've fit) +1

it looks like more alchemy potions trying to copy stuff that already exists, and i'd sorta understand if this was an attempt to make those avenues more accessible to players, but all the recipes are locked.

11 minutes ago, Kujo said:

it looks like more alchemy potions trying to copy stuff that already exists, and i'd sorta understand if this was an attempt to make those avenues more accessible to players, but all the recipes are locked.

I looked at other pieces of lore and didn't find crosover between. I am willing make recipes listed as common however if needed.

I don't neccesarily 'keep' recipes to myself and hand them out, I like the idea of spread through RP then others having access to knowing right off, which was my reason to 'lock' them.

3 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

fleshing out my comment cause it was made in 3 seconds

Liquid preservation reads like a way to circumvent the age curse, much like tawkin klones, but a lot easier to produce. I'll say this is my favorite out of all of them, vat tanks are cool. some more downsides might help, like making it so players cant choose to wake up whenever they like, leaving the potential danger of being trapped in eternal sleep.

Vivification concoction feels useless, as a player can burn the corpse or hide it, but im also biased ab alchemy bloat. 

spectral solution is just temp vivification and i can see it easily being abused with the mass production capabilities that alchemy has. should probably remove this one.

death dispersion acts as an inverse to blight potions. its a decent idea, sorta like a gaseous null arcana, but theres a big chunk of spooks on the lt and i can see them not liking a potion that handicaps something as general as 'false life'. clarifying exactly who this affects could help.

im not an lt, only giving my personal thoughts, but i hope this helps

9 minutes ago, Kujo said:

fleshing out my comment cause it was made in 3 seconds

Liquid preservation reads like a way to circumvent the age curse, much like tawkin klones, but a lot easier to produce. I'll say this is my favorite out of all of them, vat tanks are cool. some more downsides might help, like making it so players cant choose to wake up whenever they like, leaving the potential danger of being trapped in eternal sleep.

Vivification concoction feels useless, as a player can burn the corpse or hide it, but im also biased ab alchemy bloat. 

spectral solution is just temp vivification and i can see it easily being abused with the mass production capabilities that alchemy has. should probably remove this one.

death dispersion acts as an inverse to blight potions. its a decent idea, sorta like a gaseous null arcana, but theres a big chunk of spooks on the lt and i can see them not liking a potion that handicaps something as general as 'false life'. clarifying exactly who this affects could help.

im not an lt, only giving my personal thoughts, but i hope this helps

Any feedback helps, thank you for taking your time. If you do want to continue the conversation on discord i'm more than willing to discuss. Evo_#0001

I'm can take the liquid preservation and add more things to it be negative or positive. Could have the eternal 'sleep' or even temporary sensory issues when awoken (eg, blindness). I made it so players can 'wakeup' so they're not force stuck in a location. 

You can indeed burn a corpse or hide it for Vivification concoction. The idea was to not do that, especially with important figures to ones character (like a child) and having them protected. Plus having a way to feel 'bliss' when a character falls to death can be nice flavour RP. 

Spectral Solution is something I thought would be pretty neat, I believe this is something we can discuss more in depth over discord, I looked over the lore post you linked and although I can see one paraell of 'seeing ghosts' I don't see another. Again something to discuss and explain better. Just wanted a way to help ghosts.

Death Dispersion had that idea in mind when making it, again I believe clarifying over discord how we can accurately specify what it targets would be best.

yes i a player that does not have alchemy am very interested in this particular alchemy post i like the funny words that i have read especially the bacta tanks

Evo forced me to make this comment against my wishes with a gun to my head. 

but this is a very good piece of lore— lore that is not 7 pages long makes me,, happy. (The first part of this comment might contradict the second)

I do like the idea, but some of the potions seem a little recycled from other lore and all of them are locked behind being Rare 😔 

I find these really interesting, especially the idea of preserving someone in a vat, and well that does feel a little similar to Tawkin, Tawkin is about creating, not preserving so I think it's solid. The only one I have real issue with is death dispersion which feels a little over-the-top due to how widely it effects the spook community. Typically something that shuts down such a wide group of CAs has either a lot of downsides or is limited in nature. This isn't really either.

Other than that, I don't see the reasoning for making all of these rare (barring perhaps Death Dispersion.) This is another pack that to me will become another check on the recipe book you don't see frequently even though people work to get it. Rare potions should have a reason to be rare, rather than just wanting to limit knowledge. The best reasons I've seen for rare potions are because they are culture specific (see warforging) or they have a powerful effect that shouldn't be open to the public (Best example is probably the Lector Packs for this)

If you want these potions to be rare give them a reason why the knowledge would be uncommon tbh, even if it's as simple as connecting it to specific group or making it so it requires an obession with cadavers or something. This isn't just an issue with this pack BTW, it's more of an issue with alchemy in general ATM. Rare seems to be the default for a lot of potions with interesting reasoning.

Edit: Beyond this, I am a big fan of the additional requirments for brewing such as Aurum Cauldron or requires brewing in direct sunlight. I love little additions like this cause it give a potion more flavor to work with overall. I'm stealing this idea me thinks :P

Other than that, I don't see the reasoning for making all of these rare (barring perhaps Death Dispersion.)

6 hours ago, rdowdy said:

I find these really interesting, especially the idea of preserving someone in a vat, and well that does feel a little similar to Tawkin, Tawkin is about creating, not preserving so I think it's solid. The only one I have real issue with is death dispersion which feels a little over-the-top due to how widely it effects the spook community. Typically something that shuts down such a wide group of CAs has either a lot of downsides or is limited in nature. This isn't really either.

I think people misread what death dispersion does, if I need to clarify I can. 

The creatures can walk/run/jump/power dive, ext through the area either when within or outside. As you can move 4 blocks per emote or 8 if focused on sprinting. You can run directly through it with only feeling a cut on your arm. 

If you stay inside the mist is when the damage ticks. If that makes more sense.

To why they're all listed as rare, I wanted them to be spread through role-play than others having base knowledge of them. I have a set plan on teaching 4+ people if accepted and hope they spread it out from there.

alchemy shouldn't have a budget rite of scrubbing or true sight, getting sick of these potions which undermine existing spells and features within magics

there doesn't need to be a potion for everything

14 minutes ago, KILL_MAPS said:

getting sick of these potions which undermine existing spells and features within magics

Can you list the spells I'm taking from?