A Returning; Hello Again!

Elven_Lord

Hello hello!

My name is Elven_Lord (He/Him), and I'm trying to make a dedicated return to LOTC! Last time I was actively, well, active, was around 2016/17 (whoo boy it's been a long time). I tried to come back around 2019-ish, but school proved to win out that one. I'm graduating in a year, and as my other roleplaying avenues have seemingly dried out, and nostalgia hits me with spurts of playing Minecraft, I figured I'd come back and see how the community is thriving. I have very fond memories of playing with a few friends on the server and learning the ropes of roleplaying. And now that I've got several years of dedicated experience in actual writing and RP, and with a newly refreshed want to come back, I figured "Hey, why not?"

So a little about me then. I'm 21+ years old (no specific age of course) and have been doing roleplay through various means for around 10 years now. For the past 4 years I've been primarily roleplaying via Twitter and met very cool friends and have had a lot of growth in my talents and scope as a writer. I've played Minecraft for...well, actually, LOTC was how I got my account in the first place, and a close friend bought the account for me so we could play here together way back in 2013/14. So for a long time, basically, haha. I've done a lot of skinning as well, and have always made my own skins, and may extend skin editing services if I feel confident in my skills down the line. I'm a Film/Animation BA and Criminology minor graduating in a year (hopefully). I dabble in game development as well and hope to go into a career there. I am 100% LGBTQA+ friendly as well and am an avid ally.

As for LOTC, I am currently catching up on the lore and what's happened over the past few years, because it's been quiiite a long time and I'm not super sure where the world is at right now and where the community is too. I plan to fully revamp and remake an old pirate-themed character of mine from the last time I attempted to be active, so look out for that character application soon! I look forward to reintroducing myself here and getting reacquainted to the world of LOTC!

P.S. If there's anything notable for the current land of Almaris I should know, or specific resources/events for me to catch up on current ongoings, that'd be greatly appreciated!

~Elven_Lord

Welcome back Elven_Lord! I love the pirate theme, hopefully we'll run into one another at somepoint :)

Just now, Rioling said:

Welcome back Elven_Lord! I love the pirate theme, hopefully we'll run into one another at somepoint :)

Thanks! I've fallen hard into pirate theming recently, haha, and if you want to orchestrate a meeting or a specific plot, my PMs are always open!

Welcome back to the server! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! (: 

Hey, welcome back to LotC!  I hope you're able to find yourself a fun space to conduct your RP, if you have any questions for lore and the like - don't be afraid to reach out to ST, or make a /sreq on the main server.

Pirates are cool aesthetics for characters, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few nations around the server where a niche like that could be suitable.  If you enjoy making skins and sharing them, there's a discord community made by some players from LotC [alongside some other Minecraft RP servers] where skinners and artists come together to share what they make and help each other out.

Invite link to it is here: https://discord.gg/7eAewh4C 

1 minute ago, Kuila said:

Welcome back to the server! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! (: 

Thanks a lot! I definitely will if I have any!

bad timing 

Mmm. I'm seeing there's some sort of drama between staff and some bannings.

However, I'm just here to write and roleplay and hopefully get some writing inspiration from a new outlet. I'm hoping whatever this drama is doesn't impact the in-game world too poorly, and I'm gonna attempt despite it either way.

I wish you luck in returning and hope you can get into a cool roleplay niche :)

You’ve decided a rather dramatic time to return but welcome nonetheless! Hopefully we get to RP one day! 

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

You’ve decided a rather dramatic time to return but welcome nonetheless! Hopefully we get to RP one day! 

Haha, yes, it seems so. Thank you all the same! I'm always happy to meet up and/or plot!

Welcome back :) if you're ever looking for some roleplay, feel free to reach out at un-w#9099. I'd be more than happy to RP with you!!