The Philippian Chronicles

"Huh, very nice." Commented Kaustantin after reading the Unbiased History of Oren, a time he was fortunate to live in.

"The man is not entirely wrong, these chronicles are a mediocre work of literature." Eleanor, Princess consort of Alstion remarked to her eldest son as she read them out loud.

Stanimar prepares to write his new handbook, Naming Children For Dummies, in recognition of the abysmal record of Philips.

The original title, Regnal Names For *******, had been sadly censored by the publisher.

"Simply slander, biased fake news." The Countess of Azor remarked after reading over the publication. She proceeded to toss it into the fire for fuel and her gaze settled out the window of Odessa's home. "It's almost harvest season." She proclaimed at the growing wheat in the fields of Acre.

From an old watchmen's tower an elderly soldier scans the publication with tired eyes, his face wrinkled and creased by the endless march of time. With a deep sigh, and a forlorn look toward the south, memories began to swim up to the forefront of his mind. That great bridge, the kindly man who'd spared him scrutiny though he'd been reluctant to follow him. The boy he'd trained with, the boy who'd smiled upon him when he fell. Peter, the third of his namesake, a great and honest man.

And as the day dragged on into night, Julian wept softly, for what could have been.

"This is why history isn't written by the losers." A man smirks, regarding the missive as toiletry.

Paul Salvian Temesch et Moere is struck by sudden inspiration. Upon returning with the new scandal-sheet to Temesch, he makes a very moving painting and sends it to a few of his closest friends.

Spoiler

Charlie Charles Alstion, the Alstionite, ponders on the occurrences of the decades long gone that led to this point in his existence as he read the work of Henry Penton. With a stroke of his chin, his mind wanders to the failures of the Novellen, and his own failed cause to remedy the collapse of Imperial Humanity. He grimaces, wondering why people adhered so strongly to such ineptitude that brought upon them ruination - from national humiliations to kin slayings, and God knows what else. And whatever this current petty Kingdom attempts at masquerading itself as, claiming to be progressing into the future as a new page turned over, only to truthfully be a gross imitation of the Pertinaxi that came before them - with none of the armed prowess. He sighs, believing his own failures to outweigh that of these distant cousins, for he could have stopped it all.

"To have traded the mandate of heaven for the whispers of darfeyism is truly the most baffling of all!" The trounced prince concludes aloud. 

"It is truly a disgrace how everything we held dear was completely ruined by a chain of wrong decisions. If only the late regnant Emperors hadn't made those mistakes, today we would perhaps still be living in a stable Empire." an old man shrugged.

"I wonder if the people who made such wrong and sinful decisions regret those nowadays, and if they intend to do something to solve the damage they caused."

"Make no mistake, though, the true nature of Oren is the Empire. I do not know how many years or decades we are going to have to wait for the Empire's return but I am sure that the Holy Orenian Empire will return one day. It is in the scriptures."

"Beloved?" Called out Lydia as she cooked dinner, glancing off to the resting Andronikos. @The60th "Do you think anyone would mind if I took the fingers and tongue of that rodent? For my brother's legacy." She'd inquire, then smile as she realized he'd fallen asleep. "Those who wield pens should be silent. What a biased little gremlin. I can't wait to sort him out once and for all." A single tear fell, for her beloved brother, one of the most loyal vassal leaderss Oren had seen, and his beloved wife. "May Manny and Lauren rest in peace together..."

"There is a level of bias in this writing that makes it extremely hard to read, additionally I don't believe a lot of these events even happened." Jarad said tossing the papers into a nearby fire "Its free firewood at least." he said with a smile "The empire had a lot of flaws but to pretend like Philip III and Anastasia I were demons, traitors or pure evil is extremely incorrect, additionally it states the ISA was ineffective post-1814 however when I was a captain in 1850 we had an average of 1,000 people signing up a year and would get on average a force of 5,000 per raid on Oren, Additionally was it not the advisors of Philip II that pushed for war and the advisors of Philip III that yelled at him to continue the war after the death of Philp II" he would take a moment to pause "I am no longer able to tell if it is just bias, old age of flat out lies written here" he said with a sigh before going back his day once more "Say what you like about Philip III and Anastasia, they cared about their people" 

A letter is written to @CharmingCavalier, Henry Pentron.

"Master Penton,
  A well written work. Valah passion is evident in your recounting, of which we shared a great deal. I recall my time as Princess Josephine's confidant and student as her time as Archchancellor, and later as her successor as some as the most trialing in my life. I look forward to your work on Archchancellors, do not hesitate to write.

~Minuvas"