[Your View] - Auction Houses

HogoBojo

Auction Houses: Your Thoughts  

405 members have voted

1. 1. What option should we peruse for Auction Houses moving forward?

• The Status Quo
    • Full Removal
    • No Signed Items
    • No Unsigned Items

I think AH should be left alone, to be honest. It allows people to do things with anonymity, which is necessary given how people treat a player's MCname and inherent bias when compared to how the character should be treated. 

I think the auction houses should just stay. They've been in place for a long time and it's a good way for people to make minas and what not. Trade RP isn't 100% demolished with it's existence either, I do both trade RP and place items on the auction house - all works out fine. 

Let it be used as a place to sell vanilla mats, but not ST and player signed stuff — don’t allow edited items, pretty much

Merchant RP is basically killed by the fact that the best way to make minas is just to sell stuff on the AH; I want to see caravans, actual shops, etc.

The only change I would make is making the Armor Category for RP-signed swords/chisels/shears/armor only. It blends in too much with the pvp-armor, so people often don't look. You can already find pvp armor everywhere, it doesn't need to be on AH. The AH let's us buy rp items that we're not going to be able to find in nations. I don't want to buy a gift from Haense for a Haense child because it can already be found in Haense. Now if you want to go nuts and "unique" with AH then you can make it where it's only enabled during the weekend

the Auction House should just be left alone, it offers so much for people and as said the anonymitet is great and giving how timezones are just so mixed, but still high in the US zone. It helps alot of people getting ahold of items that otherwise are outside their reach. Not only that it boosts trade massive, i have items i otherwise would never be able to get my hands on without having to go deep OOC to remotely get it. In the end if you dont like it dont use it, Oren and Haense has chosen to remove it and thats their thing, i will just go elswhere for my trading needs, when oren first did it i went to haense more to trade in store and using the AH  even opened up a store there for a spell

full removal.

i have seen no issues with the removal of auction houses in both haense and oren.
the potential of removing the AH altogether and forcing people to rp and use rp shops, are, imo, plentiful.

the potential next map of, if the lack of an AH is combined with improved ability to gain and utilise next to a road, at crossroads and checkpoints where people will rp, pass by, etc, is absolutely huge. I want the magic bozos to go around and sell their wares. I want the blacksmiths to do blacksmith rp, and sell their stuff that way from a city, town or village. I want the stuff thats sold in AHs to be sold at marketplaces and market events.

Need lots of a block, lots of food, lots of stuff you get from AH? Simply make a trade agreement with someone! I don't see why AH should exist when it can simply be replaced by RP.

Haven't got the stuff you need in your village/town/city? Travel to another one and explore.
If you're at war with a place that has what you need, that opens up avenues of either having to make do, try and find it elsewhere, or do the illegal, possibly rp creating act of sneaking into said place, or making backdoor deals.

2 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

Full Removal.

YOU HEARD THE GREEN LORE MAN

GET IT OUT OF HERE

Removal of Signed Items make traders, merchants, and rare sellers much more of a valuable commodity, no one would really care about selling perfume or anything on the markets, but at least for a start it would be nice to have wandering caravans and bid wars much more involved for valued things like Thanhium, enchanted weapons, the works.  

As another benefit, you can't just slap on an insane mina label for something like 'Esteemed Artifact of Anthos' without someone in an irp bid war calling bullshit on its value

I personally enjoy seeing intense magical items and artifacts on sale for thousands of minas on the daily. Buying enchanted items from across the map and automatically knowing how to activate them is great! 

Full removal or only selling blocks needs to be the change here, people who think you can’t sell anonymously without it clearly haven’t put much thought behind the issue. 

Full removal def. The current AH completely obliterates irp-marketing i think. It doesnt seem right how its so easy to flood the economy with cheaply made rp-items. In having that player to player interaction, people would (hopefully) actually put work into their descriptions. Ive seen countless items with blatantly copy-pasted descriptions being signed and sold, and it doesnt quite feel right. My thoughts: REMOVE AH COMPLETELY

3 minutes ago, BobBox said:

Full removal or only selling blocks needs to be the change here, people who think you can’t sell anonymously without it clearly haven’t put much thought behind the issue. 

Moreso the issue of people being biased against OOC playernames when buying anonymously. I shouldn't have to go through someone else to buy something because people will react poorly to my name OOC being rukio. 

No ST signed stuff on there is my take, building blocks and non-st signed swords are fine IMO.