[Your View] - Auction Houses

HogoBojo

Auction Houses: Your Thoughts  

405 members have voted

1. 1. What option should we peruse for Auction Houses moving forward?

• The Status Quo
    • Full Removal
    • No Signed Items
    • No Unsigned Items

im all for a full AH removal if an easier route for block gathering is made since blocks/building resources currently are sold in abundance on the AH. I've been on this tangent before but "immersion" shouldn't be hamfisted into building/resource gathering, which I fear is something that could happen with some of these changes

2 minutes ago, rukio said:

Moreso the issue of people being biased against OOC playernames when buying anonymously. I shouldn't have to go through someone else to buy something because people will react poorly to my name OOC being rukio. 

Make an autoshop in a nation or settlement and names will remain anonymous for most players besides maybe stewards if they care to look that far into things.

Removal of signed items ******* PLEASE, it’d be such a buff to merchant RP and item-makers. Base MC items can stay, honestly there are some days I’d rather just buy a stack of iron than grind it out, since almaris' current mats gathering system is a lil bumpy

Edited by Whiplash

6 minutes ago, rukio said:

Moreso the issue of people being biased against OOC playernames when buying anonymously. I shouldn't have to go through someone else to buy something because people will react poorly to my name OOC being rukio. 

i hate that rukio person

It's an interesting situation.

On one hand, it's a constant market that allows people to buy and sell goods, RP items or vanilla, at all times of the day without relying on player activity in order to make minas and get rid of unwanted items or rp getting rid of items. It's a good system that allows for flexibility in marketeering and item management thats been around for a long time.

On the other it makes an entire avenue of rp redundant (primarily mercantile/black market roleplay) and makes it difficult to justify doing so because you can just go and sell your item on the auction house instead.

I personally think that the best way to revamp the AH is to just make it a general store for vanilla/unsigned items only. That way it allows for better item management in the way of vanilla resource gathering, and gives an option for those who want to do basic item exchange without depending on whether or not the local merchant is online or not. It also allows for expansion of player-run shops to be able to branch out into specific merchant roles; magic items, jewelry, custom item work, etc. I think it's the most fair middle ground compromise that can and should be implemented.

Full removal. Lets bring back trade RP... Not that it matters, the systemic issue is that Staff doesn't care about opinions or even updating the front page graphic for that matter. The community admin position is a joke if no one listens. 

Full removal.

My weapons were taken at the gate, well.. time to head to the auction house to buy another sword, oh, huh, I can buy a voidal enchantment in the center of a city that voidal magic is outlawed in..

The AH does nothing but circumvent roleplay for ease of access.

25 minutes ago, rukio said:

I think AH should be left alone, to be honest. It allows people to do things with anonymity, which is necessary given how people treat a player's MCname and inherent bias when compared to how the character should be treated. 

You shouldn't have a provision on the basis that 'people might metagame it', metagaming is against the rules and if they do it report them. If people want to do things through anonymity then there are ways they can do that without hiding behind an ooc mechanism such as the auction house. The fact that somebody can sell things like dark magic stuff through this ooc mechanism and hide behind from the rp consequences is stupid.

22 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

Full Removal. Anything less is lore elitism, that valid RP can only come from signed RP items, or worse yet ST signed items. I beg everyone to consider full removal,  because I am telling you it will positively impact people's abilities to create Mercantile RP. I am someone who the last two maps did a lot of mercantile RP, and have begun to dip into it again this map- the AH especially this map has ruined a lot of good opportunities for new player experiences in my assessment.

Go **** yourself and your goddamn llamas

At the very least remove roleplay items from the AH, it absolutely destroys mercantile RP. Having to find unique relics and baubles through organic travel to each nation/settlement allows for a lot more passerby and road RP, and encourages players to go beyond their own immediate city or CT. As for building/crafting materials or resources I don't care as much. If people don't want the AH at all, thats fine, but I personally appreciated having easier access to crafting and building materials I would need to grind for otherwise.

Either way, signed roleplay items need to go. 

9 minutes ago, mkaxeman said:

i hate that rukio person

Get in line buddy, it goes around da block

The auction house makes it difficult to play the market...

full removal to make rp more immersive man imagine the rarest material on the AH where people can just easily buy it ):