[Your View] - Auction Houses

HogoBojo

Auction Houses: Your Thoughts  

405 members have voted

1. 1. What option should we peruse for Auction Houses moving forward?

• The Status Quo
    • Full Removal
    • No Signed Items
    • No Unsigned Items

3 minutes ago, Sri said:

The auction house makes it difficult to play the market...

im doing both and been doing great,  the merchant RP is heavy time demanded and often not in my favoure based on my timezone

I want a place to spend my mina lol.

I change my mind. I favor AH removal/ST items being removed IF the rules change to force nations to leave their gates open unless they have someone actively manning them. :D 

Either removed all signed items included herbs and st ores, or full removal entirely. This is the way to encourage trade rp and merchants

Just now, rukio said:

I change my mind. I favor AH removal/ST items being removed IF the rules change to force nations to leave their gates open unless they have someone actively manning them. :D 

Honestly...not even that bad an idea

remove e chests or lower the amount of space and make it so u can only have 3 soulbinds or even 2 for more risk for a player losing their items, instead of someone getting a relic and just leaving it in their e chests for no one to ever see it

56 minutes ago, rukio said:

Based?

3 minutes ago, rukio said:

[YOUR VIEW] USELESS GATE GUARDS

4 minutes ago, rukio said:

or just don't be a miscreant trying to sell nefarious things in a place they are banned from, its that simple. It makes no sense that you're able to buy, for example, voidal objects in a city they are banned from, from some magical global auctionhouse

I'm in vote of either full removal or limit what's sold on Auction. Would probably create more shop RP and merchant RP, if possible, to even create a plugin that can allow horses to pull cart across each city in attempt to sell items. Auction kinda limits player shop being visit much imo.

I feel that the Auction House has ruined several rp niches already, and should be removed from rp influence.

(Vanilla blocks and materials pose no problem, in my opinion.)

Availability: AH is accessible worldwide, making merchant town schemes ineffective when compared to extremely locked down and fortified PVP cities. This lack of archetypes removes the lively feeling of nations, as well as removes the benefit of allying with other nations for reasons other than PVP numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RP Flavor: There are several neat things that can lend flavor to a merchant that simply cant be conducted via Auction House. Descriptions on items are nice and all, but there is no story behind the item through such an interaction-free medium. There is no difference between a natural boutique sourcing finely woven clothing from local wool and someone with free edit tokens and an underground 2x8 sheep farm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Standard Currency: This is one of the more glaring issues, being the lack of bartering. Through AH, you can only exchange an item for mina rather than for another item, information, or other means. Due to its superior availability and concept of hassle-free sourcing, people tend to pander more towards AH than the few surviving merchants.

Uncharacteristic Outcomes: With the lack of moral monitoring in the AH, you can often see things like 6 year old children walking around with weapons of mass destruction with no rp backing whatsoever, just because they found a good deal on AH for their free 100 mina when they start a character. Additionally, Mina is often exchanged OOCly, which only worsens this. People can mule mina from their wealthy noble, through a friend, and back into their fresh character. 

I'm sure there are reasons this outcome was chosen to begin with, and I'd like to see those if anyone has them,

I just cant envision many reasons it would be beneficial in remaining.

How else am I supposed to randomly find wool in the auction house D:

I like the idea of full removal for a number or reasons. The main one being of course, more travel to get what you want, it also allows those stupid nation trade agreements to do something more extensive.

[Edit] I will not retract my last statement but I will add to it. Allowing free boat movement, such as pasting it in a city's port, would greatly improve trading and merchant rp. If Yong-Ping was allowed to move their ships around to act as mobile trading ships that, for instance, could actually trade goods, that would be great. For now however trading and merchant rp is difficult due to travel as this map is far too large to support long term traveling to learn that the thing you wanted at this very specific shop has sold out.

Edited by Operator_Bugman
Your honor, cry about it

13 minutes ago, rukio said:

Woah, like, you're using really harsh language and targeting only me/what I say in this thread. Can, like, @itdontmatta put a restriction on Adam from interacting with me OOC or IRP now? 

its a generalisation, not sure if you're trolling here or being serious but its a generalisation to prove my point. You can't expect to be something like a necromancer and sell tainted or cursed objects openly in a city its obviously banned in, the auction house makes no sense in this regard.