[Your View] - Auction Houses

HogoBojo

Auction Houses: Your Thoughts  

405 members have voted

1. 1. What option should we peruse for Auction Houses moving forward?

• The Status Quo
    • Full Removal
    • No Signed Items
    • No Unsigned Items

Oh boy, I can't wait for having to walk around the entire map for 2 hours waiting at locked nation gates just to get in to find their shops don't have what I want and aren't stocked anyway! Being able to check somewhere for a general sum of goods is too convenient, and I hate being able to see what is possible with RP items easily. I look forward to being scalped on prices when I finally find what I want. /s

The auction is helpful for many reasons, and losing it I can only see as being a negative.

This is why people call the CT team the Toddler team...

If you want to remove features of the server, you've got to replace them with something else. If you want to re-implement a caravan or other kind of trading system this would be a good idea, but doing this with the idea that people are suddenly going to start going around traveling and trading is moronic. 

AH is a detriment to RP dynamics and cities. Remove it.

I liked it better when we had local auction houses rather than the global one. Could travel to different places and have a new selection. 

More votes on here than people on the server at one time... crazy.

What’s up guys uhh good evening and shit it’s like 10:49 pm

30 minutes ago, Terry said:

More votes on here than people on the server at one time... crazy.

wait till u hear about timezones

Does the local auction house functionality still exist? If so, we should keep local auction houses, but remove the global AH either way.

My problem with keeping only "unsigned items" is that the AH would just go on as a band-aid covering up how horrible resource gathering & economy is on this map. 

nothing says roleplay server like a menu that lets you entirely avoid roleplay LOL

does signed item just refer to st signed magic stuff, etc. or any RP item? i wouldn’t mind the convience store option if too many are against full removal, but it should really be kept to only blocks and food, no weapons or anything you should reasonably have to work in rp to obtain

evil shadow man hegemony needs to put their foot down and make a big anime protagonist stand with this and say

THIS IS A ROLEPLAY SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, shartings said:

Let it be used as a place to sell vanilla mats, but not ST and player signed stuff — don’t allow edited items, pretty much

Merchant RP is basically killed by the fact that the best way to make minas is just to sell stuff on the AH; I want to see caravans, actual shops, etc.

No its not, I've done it sucesgully, the AH doesn't damage it - at least for me.

Anyways, remove the ST-signed part. It's weird, find them irp.

5 hours ago, ReveredOwl said:

Whilst we're on the topic of removing things, please for the love of god remove the potato giving plugin... nobody wants them and it ruins farmers from selling food!

Season 2 No GIF by Martin

AHs are just a place for the friends of ET to get rich off of ill-gotten gains.

If your mates are gonna give you free shit, at least pretend it's for important reasons and not just to sell it on instantly, thanks?

44 minutes ago, argonian said:

AHs are just a place for the friends of ET to get rich off of ill-gotten gains.

If your mates are gonna give you free shit, at least pretend it's for important reasons and not just to sell it on instantly, thanks?

unknown.png

Full removal: but also a local AH standing as a convenience store would be BEAUTIFUL I ******* love it.

Also read: 

8 hours ago, Nooblius said:

Full Removal. Anything less is lore elitism, that valid RP can only come from signed RP items, or worse yet ST signed items. I beg everyone to consider full removal,  because I am telling you it will positively impact people's abilities to create Mercantile RP. I am someone who the last two maps did a lot of mercantile RP, and have begun to dip into it again this map- the AH especially this map has ruined a lot of good opportunities for new player experiences in my assessment.

8 hours ago, BobBox said:

Full removal or only selling blocks needs to be the change here, people who think you can’t sell anonymously without it clearly haven’t put much thought behind the issue. 

8 hours ago, ShadowHasLeft said:

Full removal def. The current AH completely obliterates irp-marketing i think. It doesnt seem right how its so easy to flood the economy with cheaply made rp-items. In having that player to player interaction, people would (hopefully) actually put work into their descriptions. Ive seen countless items with blatantly copy-pasted descriptions being signed and sold, and it doesnt quite feel right. My thoughts: REMOVE AH COMPLETELY

All are opinions I ******* LOVEEEEEEEEEE