[✗] [Magic Lore + Playable CA] Fjarriagua (Rewrite)

Songwitch

-1 because I am a sexist grr grr

Spoiler

+1 in reality

- The high-pitched, ear-shattering scream is produced once the creation of Cursed Ice has been struck heavily, after which, over the course of [3] emotes, it will vibrate and promptly emit a disorienting shriek.

- The resonant anomaly that allows the tool or construction of Cursed Ice to bounce the next strike directed at it works in a similar fashion, activating only once the creation has been struck heavily. Regardless of the terrain that it may come in contact with, the creation will bounce off and throw itself elsewhere.

Cursed ice

What happens when people are disoriented by the shriek? Are they stunned or an emote? Two?

And for the bouncing ability, it states that the creation bounces off and throws itself elsewhere when hit. I'm assuming if someone made armour out of cursed ice, the witch will fly off somewhere else upon being hit? Or will the weapon that hit it bounce off? And what would the repercussions be of it if so?

Altar redline:

- The four bodies will ‘expire’ after a period of (12) OOC hours, after which they cannot be used for the process and the witches must hunt once again.

12 OOC hours might be too short to find and kill 4 different people, and might even be bothersome to both the witches and the other players of the community for us to have to kill so many. Might be better if done within 24 OOC hours

Sabbath of Healing:

- Newly-made ligaments (such as noses, ears, fingers or toes) produced through this Sabbath may look deformed, crooked, and rather varied from their original appearance. They will never look the same as before. 

- Restored Lesser Organs are hardly functional in comparison to their prevalence. Eyes may come across as partially blind, though with a slight twist - for all they would see is an ice-like vision obscuring their sight. As well, tongues would be cracked and perhaps even split in two - anything works as long as it resembles a change in their past self.

- Limbs wrought via this sabbath feel limited regarding movement, feeling stiff and even frozen in place. This is to say that a witch will never have the same mobility and intricacy with such restored limbs as before.

That change might be a bit too rough on witches who decide to - instead of staying away from trouble and using others for combat - get themselves into the thick of it, such as a coven of tribal witches that slay people with their own hands, who will be regularly sustaining injuries. Because of the course of time, they'll pretty much be severely crippled and very hard to use overall. Might be better to instead of making it a permanent disability, to make it temporary and require regular rest at the altar while it handles the minor slow healing. Since many many mundane people and CAs have easy access to full body repair whether it is atronach limbs, tawkin, or even shamanism, with minimal to almost no repercussions. While we constructs of ice shouldn't really struggle too much with controlling ice itself when it comes to healing

Witch's Favor:

- Men with the favor are not considered or perceived as food by Frost Witches in the sense that they will not feel hunger towards them. As well, they are now able to travel in harsher and colder environments with ease, as the cold no longer affects them as much

Does that mean that mortals with the favor are allowed to wear Rokodra armor?

Witchdom Redlines:

- Frost Witches are expected to eat a whole body’s worth of a biologically male descendant once per OOC month by means of direct consumption. Any other food tastes like ash and feeding on biologically female descendant flesh forces the witch to feel ashamed and disgusted.

What is the point of consuming a female's flesh if the only way to feed is by eating a man's flesh? Or will feeding on a female allow us to feed too? Or cultural reasons?
also petition to snack on ice for absolutely no benefits whatsoever plz

Witch Abilities:

- The initial [4] emotes create an [8] block-meters long and [3] block-meters wide cone of freezing breath/miasma in front of the witch, and it can grow up to [12] block-meters long if the witch adds one additional emote at the time of casting.

A really nice ability, though forcing the witch to stand still for 4 emotes, which can easily be disrupted and put them in lots of danger for a 3 block wide cone. Maybe reduce it to 3 emotes?

Witch's Favor

“Once a witch is caught and her identity discovered, she is obligated to offer a pact to her foe in desperate hope of salvation. This contract is consolidated by an union of frost and blood, which entails the witch and whoever found out about their true form slicing their palms and using hair locks from both sides to wrap their hands together; after which the witch is expected to usher an ancient incantation, gracing the mortal with a favor of trickery.”

Petition to allow witches to willingly make pacts with people where they can gain something from them. Such as a man who works for the coven and contributes to it, where they pact with the witch to prevent them from leaking information about the coven, and are not seen as food anymore. Win-win for both parties 

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

Cursed ice

What happens when people are disoriented by the shriek? Are they stunned or an emote? Two?

And for the bouncing ability, it states that the creation bounces off and throws itself elsewhere when hit. I'm assuming if someone made armour out of cursed ice, the witch will fly off somewhere else upon being hit? Or will the weapon that hit it bounce off? And what would the repercussions be of it if so?

Cursed Ice (along the witch's work and bewitchments) is one of the last aspects that I reworked for the piece, and since I was determined to submit so soon, I did not read over the section enough times to realize that this needed some more defining. Thank you for pointing out. I will be sure to clarify the effects, changes, and duration, but they are as follows: the shriek disorients the target for up to [2] emotes and during this period no major actions such as attacking, casting, or even maintaining a connection to whatever magic can be done. On the other hand, the bouncing effect is something that I completely looked over whilst I wrote it... I meant to add that after the effect has been activated, any attack that is twice as strong as the witch herself would cause the effect to deactivate and allow the armor to be hit as it would have been otherwise. The duration of this would be [2] emotes in which any hits (that aren't as strong or twice as strong as the witch) are bounced back from the armor. 

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

12 OOC hours might be too short to find and kill 4 different people, and might even be bothersome to both the witches and the other players of the community for us to have to kill so many. Might be better if done within 24 OOC hours

This is an issue that BobBox has pointed out and I would suggest you to go to the previous next and read my reply, and tell me which option you would rather use to replace this mechanic. I have realized that it might be a bit pressuring on both the players and victims, so I'd like to find an alternative ASAP!

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

That change might be a bit too rough on witches who decide to - instead of staying away from trouble and using others for combat - get themselves into the thick of it, such as a coven of tribal witches that slay people with their own hands, who will be regularly sustaining injuries. Because of the course of time, they'll pretty much be severely crippled and very hard to use overall. Might be better to instead of making it a permanent disability, to make it temporary and require regular rest at the altar while it handles the minor slow healing. Since many many mundane people and CAs have easy access to full body repair whether it is atronach limbs, tawkin, or even shamanism, with minimal to almost no repercussions. While we constructs of ice shouldn't really struggle too much with controlling ice itself when it comes to healing

Alright, so... It seems that we have slightly different approaches when it comes to how the Frost Witch is generally roleplayed in correlation with past lore-enforced and cultural (in this case barely existant) iterations, and this is because whereas I agree that as a cannibalistic witch there are a plethora of chances in which a FW player is involved in heavy melee combat, and thus ends up badly wounded for their engagement, I am also completely against the belief of Undead = No repercussions. Even if Frost Witches are fellow undead, and even if there are other pieces to use as a comparison, consequence should still be a vital aspect of every lore - especially Fjarriagua since they have been lacking clarification in this very same regard for years. I'd also like to note that, from my personal standpoint, the effects aren't as dire or detrimental to the player; and the only aspects that I would be willing to modify are perhaps the effects of lesser organs (reducing them to temporary disabilities). The reasoning for this is that since the ice used to heal the witch's wounds is hardened and practically just a medium made at the altar for either healing or mart crafting, it would be somewhat difficult to accurately create ligaments or complex organs such as eyes down to every level, and limbs would be much more stiff than their past ones because they are basically like a frost mother's (with the sole exception that the latter's are made out of cursed ice).

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

Does that mean that mortals with the favor are allowed to wear Rokodra armor?

I did not think of this whilst I was writing the ability, but yes, it would allow them to wear Rokodra armor without succumbing to its unyielding coldness.

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

What is the point of consuming a female's flesh if the only way to feed is by eating a man's flesh? Or will feeding on a female allow us to feed too? Or cultural reasons?
also petition to snack on ice for absolutely no benefits whatsoever plz

This was indeed written with the sole purpose of a cultural foundation, and so it can open up to a different piece that I would like to start working on full-on if this lore is accepted. But no, feeding on a biologically female descendant will never count towards a frost witch's hunger or feeding requirements, sorry... Also, the ice thing... You're kind of a freak

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

A really nice ability, though forcing the witch to stand still for 4 emotes, which can easily be disrupted and put them in lots of danger for a 3 block wide cone. Maybe reduce it to 3 emotes?

The witch is able to move during the connection and charging of the spell (the first three emotes), it is only upon the last and fourth (the casting emote) emote that they must stay still to aim and fire. However, I can see your point and have no issue with reducing the emote count to three! Thank you for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

Petition to allow witches to willingly make pacts with people where they can gain something from them. Such as a man who works for the coven and contributes to it, where they pact with the witch to prevent them from leaking information about the coven, and are not seen as food anymore. Win-win for both parties 

I'm sorry but this is going to be a hard no. It would completely go against the intention and idea on which this ability is based, and it would completely strip the purpose of the said. The favor is supposed to be a weakness, because for a witch's identity to be unwillingly exposed is to threaten her self-preservation, and she will go to great lengths to keep this - and these great lengths are the favor. I have something else in mind for what you are trying to get across but, in this case, it is a no. 

This is an issue that BobBox has pointed out and I would suggest you to go to the previous next and read my reply, and tell me which option you would rather use to replace this mechanic. I have realized that it might be a bit pressuring on both the players and victims, so I'd like to find an alternative ASAP!

What about removing the expiration mechanic, and so witches could take their time and plan hunts & even raids in their own time and in a proper manner, and store the bodies over time.
And allowing the option to instead bring back one to two live men to be offered as a sacrifice for the altar 

That way we can use the reasoning that 1-2 live men would have as much essence as about 4 preserved, frozen bodies

and limbs would be much more stiff than their past ones because they are basically like a frost mother's (with the sole exception that the latter's are made out of cursed ice).

When a frost mother gets their own limb, ligament or organ healed, do they fully heal it? Since they're fully made out of cursed ice

3 hours ago, Diogen said:

What about removing the expiration mechanic, and so witches could take their time and plan hunts & even raids in their own time and in a proper manner, and store the bodies over time.
And allowing the option to instead bring back one to two live men to be offered as a sacrifice for the altar 

That way we can use the reasoning that 1-2 live men would have as much essence as about 4 preserved, frozen bodies

Outright removing the expiration mechanic is something that I am a bit reluctant to do, but perhaps extending up to three or more OOC days could allow both the frost witch in arranging the hunt, and the victim in receiving an actual consequential experience for their character. I really like your idea of one live man equaling more and am going to implement it so that one/two living bodies would be enough to compensate for four dead ones.

3 hours ago, Diogen said:

When a frost mother gets their own limb, ligament or organ healed, do they fully heal it? Since they're fully made out of cursed ice

The sabbath was revamped so that it is not entirely reliant on Frost Mothers, and so that regular witches of the coven have the possibility to heal one another without waiting god knows how long until a figurehead comes around. Cursed Ice was what the sabbath implied for its usage and now that it is hardened ice, I need to clarify that being healed by a group of witches would result in whatever that has been healed being hardened ice (a 'superior' type of ice in comparison to what the witch ordinarily manipulates, only usable for the creation or healing sabbaths), and that being healed by a Frost Mother results in whatever that has been healed being Cursed Ice instead. -- This cannot apply to Frost Mothers since Mother Healing involves their own self being the ones leading the sabbath, or relying on another fellow Mother, so the outcome would always be Cursed Ice. -- This would mean that receiving a new limb from a Frost Mother through the sabbath that the limb would be Cursed Ice and just like the Mother's, implying that there will be slight (though unaffecting) implications when it comes to overall movement, and this is left up to the player's discretion like most of the aspects in this lore. 

But strictly regarding your question, no. They're replacing something that has been lost and even if they are made out of the same material, this does not mean that they are able to manipulate the hardened (or otherwise cursed) ice any better, and so any ligament, lesser organ, or limb will still affect a Mother just like it affects a daughter. The most unremarkable difference is that the Frost Mother would already be acclimated to the limb's stiffness, since her body is already implied to be stiff anyway.

After a waited 'check' on my part to find errors in the piece, whether they be grammatical, formatting-wise, or just in general lore balance/anylysis, I have applied some tweaks to the submission so that the mechanics and abilities are properly clarified, and defined to express their purpose. Some of the changes that have been suggested are also now implemented, so check em out if you'd like.

Lemme know what you think @Diogen @BobBox!

How will this effect the trout population?

2 hours ago, Tabby64 said:

How will this effect the trout population?

they r going to get exterminated

We have done some incredible work.

Thank you @VictoriaMinaj for breathing life into the past year's culmination of draft after draft. You are always lovely to collaborate with, and I am so proud to see this finally flourish. I hope this can pass through and this rewrite will revive our community. 
  When I first joined, I noticed some issues that bothered me. The lore seemed too small and didn't fit us as well as it used to- the culture changed, the player base changed. No longer is half the server a Fjarriagua- only a few. I am happy to have erased these issues through these new (hopefully) implemented changes. The purpose of a rewrite, to me anyway, is to keep a magic from dying and ensure it makes sense for those who choose to keep it afloat. 

I think this more than accomplishes the goal. 

+1 Always cheering you on. 

Just got round to reading through this and absolutely love the detail gone into ! Exciting stuff for sure

Bewitchments:

-The effect needs to be randomized by the casting witch with the command /roll 1d3, (a) being 1, (b) being 2, and © being 3. 

As literal witches that fill the niche of cursing people, and probably the CA for cursing, wouldn't it make more sense to provide us with more mastery in choosing our curses removing the roll mechanic?

Suggestions Evil Eye curses:

Old:

- The coldness felt by the target is enough to nullify their capability of wielding weapons superior to a longsword. 

- The blindness induced to the target partially reduces their sight as if they were amidst a harsh winter-storm. 

- The whispers, shrieks, or screams heard by the target are loud and traumatic enough to temporarily sever their connection to whatever source, and thus disabling them from casting magic.

New:

To give more explanation on how cold it actually is for RP flavor:

- The target feels an extreme cold, one is enough to nullify their capability of wielding weapons superior to a longsword, a cold that causes the target to shake, their teeth to chatter.

To explain exactly how their sight is affected:

- The blindness induced to the target partially reduces their sight as if they were amidst a harsh winter-storm, unable to see further than 3 blocks.

To make the extremely loud screams more realistic:

- The whispers, shrieks, or screams heard by the target are loud and traumatic enough to temporarily sever their connection to whatever source, and thus disabling them from casting magic. Causing them to have a hard of hearing until the end of the curse.

- The target's tongue goes extremely cold, their teeth chattering so uncontrollably that they become almost unable to form sentences, having an extremely hard time to speak.

-A chill is sent down their spine, one strong enough to induce paranoia- fear. The target rendered paranoid for the duration, having irrational fears, light hallucinations, believing that someone or something is out for them.

brought from the old lore:
- This curse will cause the individual to experience an intense hunger for meat and flesh, more often than not raw. The more they consume, the more ravenous they become, the hunger unable to be satiated until the curse is removed or runs its course.

-Witches are able to cast Evil Eye in disguise.

Another suggestion is to make some curses global in terms of allowing the same X amount of curses to be transferred via Sight, Hearing or Food, and then having 1-2 curses specific to each way of transferring it. Such as Sight, hash blizzard blindness thingy. Food, has Y curse that only exists from it, and Hearing, has Z curse that only exists from it.

For example Evil Eye can have the harsh blizzard curse only locked to it. Then every other curse within the list can be transferred via Hearing & Food & Sight. While Hearing has its own unique curse, Food its own unique curse. Giving them all their own variety but also allowing the witch to transfer certain curses creatively based on what they believe is the best route to go.

Maternal Instinct:

if you actually meant the Frost Mother’s Maternal Instinct Hardening ability, I would have no problem with perhaps lowering it down to the level of an olympian from their respective race.

He meant Chant's punch since it's a bit weird for Orcs to get extra screaming strength out of nowhere when it comes to magic.

I still 100% support that when hardened, their strength increases to Orc strength, being that Mothers are an Endgame-CA and locked to very very very few people in this server. Not just that, but they are the Guardians of the coven and are expected to at least be able to beat shit up for their daughters. Having been replaced completely with Cursed Ice, what race they used to be shouldn't matter all too much anymore, being all of the same material, same durability, same strength.
Mothers could instead all be locked to Human strength at most, and hardening themselves increases it.

Another thing I want to note is that 4 emotes just to harden their body to be able to start to fight might be too long, as 4 emotes is typically when the winner of a fight is decided, especially since they become slow creatures afterwards and have to get back into the fight after spending so long preparing mid-combat 

For some reason an entire wall of text got deleted when I sent my reply so I had to retype it:

Chant:

old:

- In the form of a blast, Chant releases an ear-shattering, solid blast of raw and catalyzed sound frequencies towards the chosen target - bearing the strength of a punch comparable to the witch’s corresponding race. In the form of a ‘shield’, Chant is capable of deflecting projectiles traveling at the speed of an arrow or so.

new:

- In the form of a blast, Chant releases an ear-shattering, solid blast of raw and catalyzed sound frequencies towards the chosen target - bearing the strength of a punch of a Human.

-In the form of a ‘shield’, Chant can be casted over the course of [2] emotes and is capable of deflecting projectiles traveling at the speed of an arrow or so.

-In the form of an area attack, Chant can be casted over the course of [3] emotes and disorients everyone within the range of 8 blocks from all directions from the Witch (#q). Causing them to be unable to do any major actions for [1] emote and their connection to magic severed. This cannot cause any permanent injury to the ears unless the targets wish so OOC at their own discretion.

13 hours ago, Diogen said:

As literal witches that fill the niche of cursing people, and probably the CA for cursing, wouldn't it make more sense to provide us with more mastery in choosing our curses removing the roll mechanic?

Suggestions Evil Eye curses:

I am likely going to remove the rolling system and reduce the effects of the Evil Eye bewitchment to the first two effects (whilst the last one - the whispers and screams - will be moved down onto the Chant bewitchment as additional flavor) but regarding the clarification that you have suggested, it seems heavily oriented towards combat. Details were excluded from those effects because it is supposed to be roleplayed at the player's discretion, and whereas it might be fitting to portray the balancing of the spell, what you've suggested might be a little too overpowered considering these effects last until the end of the encounter.

Another suggestion is to make some curses global in terms of allowing the same X amount of curses to be transferred via Sight, Hearing or Food, and then having 1-2 curses specific to each way of transferring it. Such as Sight, hash blizzard blindness thingy. Food, has Y curse that only exists from it, and Hearing, has Z curse that only exists from it.

For example Evil Eye can have the harsh blizzard curse only locked to it. Then every other curse within the list can be transferred via Hearing & Food & Sight. While Hearing has its own unique curse, Food its own unique curse. Giving them all their own variety but also allowing the witch to transfer certain curses creatively based on what they believe is the best route to go.

I forgot to clarify this - bewitchments are permanent on the realm (regarding non-combative ones which can be manifested as either signed items or interactive signs) until the item/sign is disturbed, the Frost Witch herself removes the hex, or it is purged by any deific means (such as Shamanism or Paladinism). So, this implies that the amount of people that can be affected by this hex until it is destroyed is endless - to the obvious exemption of Tundra's Toll, and the reasoning for this is the fact that in heavy contrast to the Evil Eye or the Chant bewitchments, Tundra's Toll non-combative mechanic needs to be consumed by a player for it to work (whereas Evil Eye and Chant only require the player to either hold the item or interact with a sign).

He meant Chant's punch since it's a bit weird for Orcs to get extra screaming strength out of nowhere when it comes to magic.

I really have no idea what neither of you are talking about. It explicitly says that the punch is as strong as the witch's corresponding race, implying that it would be as strong as an elf, dwarf, human, or orc depending on what race they are. This doesn't really matter, nor does it suppose a hindrance because to roleplay anything else would be powergaming. The blast simply holds the same strength as if the witch herself were throwing a punch. I see no problem with this. 

I still 100% support that when hardened, their strength increases to Orc strength, being that Mothers are an Endgame-CA and locked to very very very few people in this server. Not just that, but they are the Guardians of the coven and are expected to at least be able to beat shit up for their daughters. Having been replaced completely with Cursed Ice, what race they used to be shouldn't matter all too much anymore, being all of the same material, same durability, same strength.
Mothers could instead all be locked to Human strength at most, and hardening themselves increases it.

Another thing I want to note is that 4 emotes just to harden their body to be able to start to fight might be too long, as 4 emotes is typically when the winner of a fight is decided, especially since they become slow creatures afterwards and have to get back into the fight after spending so long preparing mid-combat 

Being an endgame creature shouldn't guarantee you or anybody the possibility of quite literally beating anyone up in your path. This lore was devised and written as a way to push storytelling - definitely not as a combative resource - and whereas I can agree with you on the fact that Mothers are epitomized and emphasized on being the keepers of a coven, this shouldn't allow them to singlehandledly protect a group of witches by their only and own virtue. With this I am referencing to how Frost Witch roleplay should be treated and rightfully executed: coven-work is crucial for Fjarriagua to advance or gain any achievement, and the Frost Mother is already immune to normal fire and has been restored to average racial strength - slight buffs that already make this guardian role a not-so-heavy duty. 

Specifically regarding Hardening, I've told you before in private. Four emotes is quite short for an ability that basically turns the Frost Mother into an icy golem, and shortening the emote count even more is just going to make combative settings very unfair to anyone that encounters one of these witches. It doesn't matter whether the fight may end or start before the Mother is able to completely harden herself, because she is expected to work alongside her coven of witches. Every ability and mechanic that is written in here has been devised with an ulterior motive - and this motive is to encourage witches to work together and not treat their CA's as single combative buffs that they can use to either compare to other lore pieces or simply to shit on people on one's own. That's not how Frost Witch roleplay should be conducted, or at the very least, that's not the way I've intended this rewrite to be. 

11 hours ago, Diogen said:

For some reason an entire wall of text got deleted when I sent my reply so I had to retype it:

Chant:

old:

new:

- In the form of a blast, Chant releases an ear-shattering, solid blast of raw and catalyzed sound frequencies towards the chosen target - bearing the strength of a punch of a Human.

-In the form of a ‘shield’, Chant can be casted over the course of [2] emotes and is capable of deflecting projectiles traveling at the speed of an arrow or so.

-In the form of an area attack, Chant can be casted over the course of [3] emotes and disorients everyone within the range of 8 blocks from all directions from the Witch (#q). Causing them to be unable to do any major actions for [1] emote and their connection to magic severed. This cannot cause any permanent injury to the ears unless the targets wish so OOC at their own discretion.

The area attack thing is already existing under Mother's Lament. 

What will happen to the old Cursed Ice weapons & Tormented Cooking items after the rewrite? Will they require to be updated in description from the new changes and re-signed?   

And I forgot if I asked that before but can witches cast Bewitchments while in disguise for more sneaky cursing?

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

What will happen to the old Cursed Ice weapons & Tormented Cooking items after the rewrite? Will they require to be updated in description from the new changes and re-signed?   

And I forgot if I asked that before but can witches cast Bewitchments while in disguise for more sneaky cursing?

They will be removed, except Cursed Ice since the only variation from the new iteration is the optional effects (a & b). 

Yes, it is under Tier Progression.