Whats with Lotc?: The issue of Transphobia, Homophobia and Racism

ydegirl

Most everything I wanted to say, has already been said. 

However, I think there is one thing I'd like to touch on.

In all, I think staff would do well with being more transparent. This is also just my personal thoughts, not a formal staff response. Awhile ago when a certain case was circling around for alleged grooming, I contacted administration and moderation and offered some suggestions on how we could better handle cases in the future. I am looking at all of this through the lens of someone who has been groomed before. It is near to me. 
  I was markedly disappointed with how I was responded to. It was kept quite hush, under lock and key.  If staff won't talk to other staff, how can we expect staff to communicate to players?

I think, in accordance with what @Zachohad mentioned, transparency on what has been handled and a protocol going forward would be a great help to this community. Players don't know what they aren't told. Follow up with players who have made a report, publishing data on cases handled. Offering an olive branch and working to maintain the trust of our community base.
  There should never be hesitance to report out of fear nothing will be done. A player, or staff, should always feel that their concerns are being taken seriously. This is the most important factor. Nothing can be done if there is no report.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, Crevel said:

With your general demeanour, you come off as emotionally immature, antagonistic and passive-aggressive. I have personally interacted with you in the past on Discord and I have seen how you have interacted with other people so I am taking your claim that you were randomly DM'd a transphobic insult while providing no surrounding context or evidence with a grain of salt. Last I saw you in an in-depth conversation, you were upset and had a small rant which included insults in Haense's discord months ago calling people OOCly transphobic because some of those present were not RPly receptive to some LGBT post you wrote (Link includes a few snippets, conversation is publicly available in #general of Haense discord if anyone's curious). A past username of yours is also a play on the word 'Misandry' which is the dislike/contempt/prejudice against men, which seems consistent with your usage of 'cis men' in an insulting manner. If I recall correctly, I believe I've also seen your username with an infraction for slander in the infraction database. I wish you good luck on your path to self-improvement.

ya i did do that lol. i won't deny my history of being a ***** to people on this server. i owned up to my mistakes. i say what i think in the moment. i don't have a filter.

but i dont see why u would critique me having a username (missannedrey) when if i recall correctly another player had a username like massagenist (a play on the word misogynist) without bringing that up. if u want to believe that is harming men on the server than i dont see why you wouldn't bring the other username up

and while i don't know the whole story behind said players username, again it doesn't make sense to me to bring this up.

also another few things)

1, why is everyone taking the first few lines so seriously i was joking

2. heres the screenshot with said player that many of u so desperately did not think was real

image.png.addd45f132bc98f165a8912bb6ea4280.png

thank u bye xx

On 7/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, MeteorDragon said:

Can't forget the stupid high amount of Neo-Nazis.

i think they call them high elves here

On 7/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, rukio said:

The best way to play lotc is to simply not be involved with groups OOCly. 

I'm late to the party, but basically this

My advice is to develop thicker skin because there's a line between banter, (very - in this case) deserved criticism towards you and outright toxicity and I've seen you get very upset at all three. If someone is genuinely harassing you, and moderation doesnt put an end to it - just leave. There's nothing keeping you here, it's a video game that in the grand scheme of things will have a negligible impact on you. 

You aren't ever going to get rid of the shitheads that say slurs for shock value -  they will always be present pretty much everywhere. 

Even you, yourself have been known to say just a few hateful things about "cis" men (https://imgur.com/a/r1jgGao). Honestly from my perspective your behavior is just as bad as the very people you're condemning in this post and all credibility you have is pretty much nill. Racists are bad, but so are people like you who hide behind a blanket of 'it's okay I only make fun of cis men and thats fine' and act like your own behavior isnt just as disgusting. 

If you cannot see that, I've nothing further to add to this subject. Be more respectful and don't feed the trolls. 

Edited by SethWolf