It has been 7 years...

LPT

Since the front page graphic has been updated. 

I've tried to bring this to the attention of staff, only for the community admin to tell me, essentially it's "not his problem" because the Tech team is handling it, but here's the thing @HogoBojoit is your problem that graphic shows new people checking out the website that we're such an outdated community we use TEAMSPEAK... Not only that, as the community admin it is your job to champion issues that are important to the community. I've heard from countless players that this is an issue brought up every year and nothing happens. How can you expect a community to be passionate about improving and player retention if you can't even help with some basic issues.  

There is a real problem within staff right now. I understand you are all volunteers, I've twice been a GM and I know there's a lot of work that goes into running LoTC, but it doesn't change the fact that people have literally made alternative front page graphics and they were ignored.  It's the front page guys... I know you understand how important a first impression is, so why do you not care about it? 

Enough is enough, stop passing the buck down, stop saying it's a tech team issue. Either get the ball rolling like a good community admin or admit your title is nothing more than just that. This is your problem to deal with. 

I will also offer my help if you want it Hogo... My complaints don't come without solutions, lets work together if you can't do it on your own. If you ignore the people that are passionate about these things there will be no passion left in the server. 

I made these two years ago during Arcas because I got bored one night and was told by Llir then that it couldn’t be used for some reason or another. C085CA73-C4ED-4860-B7F2-7EC0FAFE189D.png
9B6F4A57-80FD-4C22-B563-A3ECB3DDBE1F.png

I mean, how high of standards are the graphics anyways? LOL Just reformat and reword if you have to jesus

wdym bro it's a tech issue you can't possibly expect something that requires insane levels of photoshop prowess to take less than YEARS

oh wait it's a forum template and you just have to fill in some stuff and format text

mb

Spoiler

also cteam can see every single ip you've ever used to post something on the forums with AND every ip you've ever connected with to lotc and they don't need those pex at all do not forget that

Still waiting for orcs to be on the cover.

it's the most obvious thing to fix to help drawing in new players, so it's embarassing it's not been updated in so long, especially with free help offered. there's a weird disdain for allowing outside help with lotc staff stuff, but this is such a simple thing for them to fix and even rejecting free player help is like, what???? and it definitely should be a responsiblity for the community admin or someone related, given ya'know, doing apps and guiding newbies on the website/in-game is their main job. it's not like the old one that's up there is particularly well-done or a masterpiece either. D:

Well, I got an entire theme redesign finished to about 80% of the way before I quit 

Admin with all of that updated. That was over 8 months ago so not sure where that is at.. 

@HogoBojo @Llir since either one of you are the admins involved a reply would be nice. Ignoring this isn't going to stop anyone from asking about it and quite frankly I've yet to see a valid reason. Don't even give me a "oh why don't you do it" because it is your guys' job to. This has been bouncing between CT excuses and Tech excuses for years and just like the dynamap updates, I feel like it's laziness and not an actual excuse.

6 hours ago, heh said:

@HogoBojo @Llir since either one of you are the admins involved a reply would be nice. Ignoring this isn't going to stop anyone from asking about it and quite frankly I've yet to see a valid reason. Don't even give me a "oh why don't you do it" because it is your guys' job to. This has been bouncing between CT excuses and Tech excuses for years and just like the dynamap updates, I feel like it's laziness and not an actual excuse.

@Lliradmittedly did reply to the other forum post, but it was an absolute BS reply with no substance pretty much saying "It's too hard" when the most egregious part of all of this could be fixed VERY easily. I'm so disappointed in LoTC right now, it's insane how lazy the team truly is.  

I bet if Frill was unbanned he could do it easy peasy