arockstar28

argonian

why be a rock star when you can be THE rock star

just saying.

2 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

when Alex TP'd all the unallowed peoples out, Acre had 9 guys left.

unknown.png

source ? 

now i may not have attended kindergarten but i can at least count to ten !

dont see the rules he was trying to cite, he didnt elaborate either. if this isnt abuse then what is it?

im just tryna understand how somebody finds it reasonable to have 100 people CRP in a throneroom like who’s head are you trying to melt

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

unknown.png

source ? 

now i may not have attended kindergarten but i can at least count to ten !

the screenshot you are sending is literally all of the people Alex said to leave, add 9 more people and you have the entire rally size

Just now, Herod said:

im just tryna understand how somebody finds it reasonable to have 100 people CRP in a throneroom like who’s head are you trying to melt

Apparently if you say that "CRP is a waste of time" in such instances you're being called out for "Then what are you doing on LOTC" and whatnot. Kind of unfortunate to see how there are almost no sane minds left to call for PVP when being raided because people just don't want to have their time wasted.

4 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

the screenshot you are sending is literally all of the people Alex said to leave, add 9 more people and you have the entire rally size

silly you !!! these are the people he asked to stay ! either way this is pointless hahah 

2 minutes ago, Jentos said:

silly you !!! these are the people he asked to stay ! either way this is pointless hahah 

He literally said that they could leave lmao

2 minutes ago, Jentos said:

oh yeah absolutley pointless seeing as this is the internet and no one will ever change sides  to  the other because we're all to stubborn to do so.

either way, Alex was just following rules

1 minute ago, MailC3p said:

oh yeah absolutley pointless seeing as this is the internet and no one will ever change sides  to  the other because we're all to stubborn to do so.

either way, Alex was just following rules

He wasn't; on the contrary, there is no requirement of region membership to participate in a raid.

Its very arbitrary to declare a raid with the intention of internal conflict then attempt to rule lawyer it as a "regular raid". Even the first raid of the Sedanian rebellion was counted as the initial start of the internal conflict. Pretty apparent that the rally was composed of 1/4th Acreans and 3/4th of Haense alt chars, Ferrymen alt chars, and Blackvale.

Regardless of what RP was conducted with the group of these alt chars, the rules prohibit factions of other nations alting on chars to determine the politics of internal conflict for good reason.

5 minutes ago, Chennster said:

Its very arbitrary to declare a raid with the intention of internal conflict then attempt to rule lawyer it as a "regular raid". Even the first raid of the Sedanian rebellion was counted as the initial start of the internal conflict. Pretty apparent that the rally was composed of 1/4th Acreans and 3/4th of Haense alt chars, Ferrymen alt chars, and Blackvale.

Regardless of what RP was conducted with the group of these alt chars, the rules prohibit factions of other nations alting on chars to determine the politics of internal conflict for good reason.

Internal conflict is a term that expressly applies to warclaims -- there's no basis to apply the same provisions to raid rules for convenient interpretation. As a war wasn't even declared at this point, Acre just did smart diplomacy and carried out the first strike. They would have absolutely succeeded in this RP plan (Hugh has spoken to several other NLs IRP for this purpose).

Acre could bring the entirety of Norland, Orcs, and Nevaehlen, and there's no reason raid rules should prohibit this.

Far, far more arbitrary to stretch internal conflict warclaim rules (reminder: Brothers' War) to a raid.

5 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Internal conflict is a term that expressly applies to warclaims -- there's no basis to apply the same provisions to raid rules for convenient interpretation. Nor was a war even declared at this point. Acre could bring the entirety of Norland, Orcs, and Nevaehlen, and there's no reason raid rules should prohibit this.

Far, far more arbitrary to stretch internal conflict warclaim rules (reminder: Brothers' War) to a raid.

first it was a coup, now it's a raid?? 

plus, even if you want to phase it as a external raid, the raid cap when not at war is 20, you all brought 40, external or internal, it was illegal.

There's something to be said here for sure, but I also think there's a lot of confusion due to the lack of clarity or explanation by whoever handled this situation, whether moderators were the first ones there or if it was entirely handled by administration.

From my understanding, Acre is part of Oren. That would categorize this as an "internal conflict", not a "raid". A raid, by definition in the rules is an external party of players that are attacking a nation/lair/settlement. To be able to figure out who is PART of an internal conflict, in the past I know we have used regions... but I am confused why only Oren's region was considered. People who were part of both regions should have been able to stay and continue the rp, as I would imagine that acre remains under Oren as one of their child regions.

I understand that there's a lot of pressure and frustration being the one in charge of this conversation and decision making, but "cope and seethe" in ooc rather than providing an explanation and hearing what everyone has to say isn't the answer. These conflict rule changes were made to be able to enable rp, as itdontmatta himself announced. Just because you are a moderator or admin does not mean you're always right. Take the time to think about your decision, consult other staff members, discuss with players (they don't always bite) and come up with a solution that is fair.