wtf staff

Borin

8 minutes ago, Borin said:

Why are rules that are meant to deal with the obviously OOCly put together and motivated support for coups that come from outside the couping faction used to quash a coup that is basically entirely IRPly motivated and has completely used RP to put the relationships with the factions involved together?

please provide a link to the war claim as I believe this would indeed be an interesting conflict that I would love to cover and put on the wiki. 

Internal Conflict

Internal wars are not subject to any costs. No allies or mercenaries may be involved.

Revolution

A person may mobilize players to fight for their claim to the Nation.

• Obtain Primary Region Owner (PRO) backing from a sub-region within one of the nation’s tiles.

• Win a field battle and siege in every tile leading to and including the capital.

* The revolution begins in the tile with the sub-region.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/warguidelines/

2 minutes ago, JoshBright said:

please provide a link to the war claim as i believe this would indeed be an interesting conflict  

Internal Conflict

Internal wars are not subject to any costs. No allies or mercenaries may be involved.

Revolution

• Obtain Primary Region Owner (PRO) backing from a sub-region within one of the nation’s tiles.

• Win a field battle and siege in every tile leading to and including the capital.

All factions who got involved irp were wrangled irp, and when the coup attempt was made, there was NOT a warclaim post. It was a RAID, not part of a WAR. This shit shouldn't have applied anyway, it's ridiculous.

Rules that shouldn't even apply to it, that are SUPPOSED to deal with completely valid situations, are being used to a situation it doesn't apply to, and isn't a situation that there's anything wrong with, that the rules were designed to deal with. :(

20 minutes ago, Borin said:

All factions who got involved irp were wrangled irp, and when the coup attempt was made, there was NOT a warclaim post. It was a RAID, not part of a WAR. This shit shouldn't have applied anyway, it's ridiculous.

Rules that shouldn't even apply to it, that are SUPPOSED to deal with completely valid situations, are being used to a situation it doesn't apply to, and isn't a situation that there's anything wrong with, that the rules were designed to deal with. :(

Please clarify weather this is a RAID or a COUP because it can not be both, for it to be a coup you gotta make the warclaim and follow the rules of internal conflict, ik this can be maddening or frustrating but it is what it is.

its a shame i liked the build in acre, its not reflective of its insides though :*(

People can say Anthos love is rose tinted glasses all they want but this would never have happened back then. Salvus was red wedding'd and martial lawed by the White Rose and no badmin came in going "cope and seethe" as he kicked everyone out. 

Just now, ScreamingDingo said:

its a shame i liked the build in acre, its not reflective of its insides though :*(

Its a shame you don't realize how much roleplay Hugh and co did towards this and only care to shitpost because you're old and jaded on this stuff.

26 minutes ago, JoshBright said:

Please clarify weather this is a RAID or a COUP because it can not be both, for it to be a coup you gotta make the warclaim and follow the rules of internal conflict, ik this can be maddening or frustrating but it is what it is.

Joshbright please use independent thought
It is a raid as part of a coup. Please stop confusing RP actions with OOC functions.

20 minutes ago, Borin said:

Joshbright please use independent thought
It is a raid as part of a coup. Please stop confusing RP actions with OOC functions.

Honestly you should be banned @Borin the amount of free thinking and logic you use is not accepted on the server anymore

I like how people only care when it is them being fucked over by OOC mechanics and not others 🤣

4 minutes ago, _Sheylo_ said:

I like how people only care when it is them being fucked over by OOC mechanics and not others 🤣

I felt the same way when admins undid everything Ivarielle's group did to conquer Haelun'or because one admin said they wouldn't let anything else pass in admin chat if admins let Haleun'or be conquered!

12 minutes ago, _Sheylo_ said:

Being fucked over is just so normal, idk why people should celebrate when others are. It always... always... comes back around...

The bottom line is, what is the point of rules on a minecraft RP server if instead of utilising the rules to regulate when something actually needs regulating, and yes, there are plenty of times when shit needs to be regulated, why is stuff that shouldn't be regulated, that IS VALID RP, blocked and stifled?

Rules shouldn't be enforced for the sake of enforcing them. They should be enforced and exist when they actually apply, and when they're actually fulfilling their purpose. Rules shouldn't be used as a means to **** over completely valid RP and happenings that haven't done anything actually wrong, and have been done with good legitimate RP on the server with good legitimate RP motivations.

It is amusing to me how Acre did every setup in roleplay with as little ooc in-between as possible, making it very easy to metagame their decisions in return for following the rules. 

But rules are subjective to this admin team. 

Looked at the screenie. Many of the people who were involved are involved in almost any war and magically have characters they don't play until the moment they need em.

Why is pancho and orlanth and every other ferrymen always have Human XYZ who is a guard of a nation but never play em till there's a conflict that requires them to have an internal character. I pitty @itdontmattabecause selfish individuals that only care about their own wants and needs destroy the servers rule sets and leave it to the admins to try and fix it.

Players who are war dogs should be banned. Conflicts should be one playerbase versus another. Not world wars without justified causes. 

7 hours ago, JoshBright said:

please provide a link to the war claim as I believe this would indeed be an interesting conflict that I would love to cover and put on the wiki. 

Internal Conflict

Revolution

That's a type of War Goal. Doesn't apply to raids when no war has even been declared.