wtf staff

Borin

2 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Looked at the screenie. Many of the people who were involved are involved in almost any war and magically have characters they don't play until the moment they need em.

Why is pancho and orlanth and every other ferrymen always have Human XYZ who is a guard of a nation but never play em till there's a conflict that requires them to have an internal character. I pitty @itdontmattabecause selfish individuals that only care about their own wants and needs destroy the servers rule sets and leave it to the admins to try and fix it.

Players who are war dogs should be banned. Conflicts should be one playerbase versus another. Not world wars without justified causes. 

Most people told to leave were Acre players or part of groups who were wrangled following hours of RP and IRP planning. A minority weren't. Why not a justified cause? The cause was fine, IRP motivations again, discussed at length IRP. Matta was out of order for making such a stupid decision to kick people out of a RAID then void the whole thing.

3 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Looked at the screenie. Many of the people who were involved are involved in almost any war and magically have characters they don't play until the moment they need em.

Why is pancho and orlanth and every other ferrymen always have Human XYZ who is a guard of a nation but never play em till there's a conflict that requires them to have an internal character. I pitty @itdontmattabecause selfish individuals that only care about their own wants and needs destroy the servers rule sets and leave it to the admins to try and fix it.

Players who are war dogs should be banned. Conflicts should be one playerbase versus another. Not world wars without justified causes. 

I mostly agree with that sentiment when it comes to that sort of thing. Generally, mercenary companies and such negatively impact the server and are a facet of that OOC NLing issue they tried to crack down on some months ago. Ostensibly they try to be LOTC’s OOC praetorian, and as such habitually flip flop sides. Even if it’s slightly accurate to how real mercenary companies worked I would at least prefer some system that enforces loyalty or neutrality. Ie a mercenary company must wait x amount of conflicts before fighting someone who was previously an ally(unless betrayed or whatever).

That or you just completely wipe out the system and get rid of mercenaries, whichever. 

My only disagreement is that the staff who were present wholly contradicted the current wording of the rules. Violation of rules in spirit, is of course something to consider, but I think that argument has been forfeited when that raid leader asked clarifying questions (several hours in advance) about said rules/planned raid, indicating, whether you disagree with them or not, they were conducted in good faith. As for rules going forward, I agree that they should be amended to discourage OOC entities like mercenaries, after this situation is resolved. I think it’s a bandaid solution and warhawks are still gonna find ways to warhawk(IE members of the rally could have just as easily been peasant larpers, any rules will always be stopgaps), but you’ve gotta try to fix things, right?

edit:clarifying questions were asked in advance

Edited by Mik-

8 hours ago, niya said:

can u unban me from acre disc 😢

No.

8 hours ago, Mik- said:

I mostly agree with that sentiment when it comes to that sort of thing. Generally, mercenary companies and such negatively impact the server and are a facet of that OOC NLing issue they tried to crack down on some months ago. Ostensibly they try to be LOTC’s OOC praetorian, and as such habitually flip flop sides. Even if it’s slightly accurate to how real mercenary companies worked I would at least prefer some system that enforces loyalty or neutrality. Ie a mercenary company must wait x amount of conflicts before fighting someone who was previously an ally(unless betrayed or whatever).

That or you just completely wipe out the system and get rid of mercenaries, whichever. 

My only disagreement is that the staff who were present wholly contradicted the current wording of the rules. Violation of rules in spirit, is of course something to consider, but I think that argument has been forfeited when that raid leader asked clarifying questions (several hours in advance) about said rules/planned raid, indicating, whether you disagree with them or not, they were conducted in good faith. As for rules going forward, I agree that they should be amended to discourage OOC entities like mercenaries, after this situation is resolved. I think it’s a bandaid solution and warhawks are still gonna find ways to warhawk(IE members of the rally could have just as easily been peasant larpers, any rules will always be stopgaps), but you’ve gotta try to fix things, right?

edit:clarifying questions were asked in advance

As stated in the rules.

A raid must be performed by an outside nation. If it was led by acres. It is an internal conflict which falls under rebellion terms of war. 

8 hours ago, Borin said:

Most people told to leave were Acre players or part of groups who were wrangled following hours of RP and IRP planning. A minority weren't. Why not a justified cause? The cause was fine, IRP motivations again, discussed at length IRP. Matta was out of order for making such a stupid decision to kick people out of a RAID then void the whole thing.

Read the rules. A raid must be from outside of a nation.

My understanding acre is apart of oren atm and you tried to raid oren. Violation of the rules. 

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

My ferryman character is the son of a character that was a 4th Brigadier in Oren. People can attest I was in fact involved in Oren for a while, considering I was also Deputy Mayor of Providence for a while and even put out a few posts. Try using your brain for once instead of just saying "Vc! Vc!"

You and those who play characters for a week or two to shove your noses into every corner of the server is what ruins it all. 

Dwarves go to war. You get involved.

Orcs go to war. You get involved.

Elves go to war. You get involved.

Humans go to war. You get involved. 

Those like you that always have to be center stage is what ruined, ruins, and will always ruin lotc for any player that gets in your way. 

You don't like the truth so you dive into insults. 

6 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

You and those who play characters for a week or two to shove your noses into every corner of the server is what ruins it all. 

Dwarves go to war. You get involved.

Orcs go to war. You get involved.

Elves go to war. You get involved.

Humans go to war. You get involved. 

Those like you that always have to be center stage is what ruined, ruins, and will always ruin lotc for any player that gets in your way. 

You don't like the truth so you dive into insults. 

Okay but like this isn't a factions server I shouldn't be forced to stick with one nation? You're being silly. 

On 7/20/2022 at 6:08 AM, ScreamingDingo said:

its a shame i liked the build in acre, its not reflective of its insides though :*(

go back the retirement home boomer