Transparency on the Website

Anore

It is always good to see the firsthand experience of a former Admin on the innerworkings of a team and the greater staff as a whole. There's a lot of bureaucracy and protocols, which can sometimes be obstructive for a moderator trying to enforce rules. Nepotism is rampant and people who should be removed from teams for their inactivity, bad behaviour, etc. aren't being removed because they know the right people who keep them on those teams and at times even elevate them to higher positions when there are people who should be put on teams that aren't despite easily making good replacements or additions to a team. There is some change necessary to LotC but the website is without a doubt one of the most important platforms that need updating and it's something that from my understanding everyone agrees with. Hopefully we see a new website by or during the transition to the next map whenever that may be. Good post.

Spoiler

Also, what is this supposed to mean?

Screenshot_2.png.fe48a7b5852bfb4ed25ff651c6054800.png

Just now, Crevel said:

Hide contents

Also, what is this supposed to mean?

Screenshot_2.png.fe48a7b5852bfb4ed25ff651c6054800.png

Website borked idk

put me in charge of redesigning the webbysite, it will be very pretty very 2000's a lot of sparkles and neon bright colors along with permanent embedded music that constantly repeats aka me looping pigstep. 

5 minutes ago, Summerisdumb said:

put me in charge of redesigning the webbysite, it will be very pretty very 2000's a lot of sparkles and neon bright colors along with permanent embedded music that constantly repeats aka me looping pigstep. 

image.png.cfd387b2aa6b12f146018324b5f9a3b1.png

Was this Pfp taken of you while trying to make the website?

Please implement the new theme! It is a much needed update and was supposed to roll out with the release of this map. This brown forum theme has been tired since it was implemented!

The website prototypes and designs that are in these links are absolutely gorgeous. I hope this post makes it so we can actually finally see the new design implemented. This is something that the players have been asking for since I joined the server in 2019, especially considering how outdated they are. I do hope it gets pushed through. 

7 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

image.png.cfd387b2aa6b12f146018324b5f9a3b1.png

Was this Pfp taken of you while trying to make the website?

pls do not disrupt work in progrez i am hammerin dah buhgs

It truly boggles the mind why llir and co would not want this new forum design that somebodies put a lot of time and effort into. The fact you had to wait several months just to get a reply from your own team is truly shocking and just proves a vast majority of the admin team just need to be replaced with people who have more motivation and willing to get stuff done now, not in a years time.

50 minutes ago, VonAulus said:

Please implement the new theme! It is a much needed update and was supposed to roll out with the release of this map. This brown forum theme has been tired since it was implemented!

Hello there, I am a reddit poster. 

I just wanted to inform you that you have just made a very racist comment. Why are you bored of the brown forum theme? We struggle so much on this server, and people like you are rampantly exuding toxicity across the board. Please consider your words thoroughly next time. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

Hello there, I am a reddit poster. 

I just wanted to inform you that you have just made a very racist comment. Why are you bored of the brown forum theme? We struggle so much on this server, and people like you are rampantly exuding toxicity across the board. Please consider your words thoroughly next time. 

Thank you. 

i aint readin all that

i'm happy for u tho

or sorry that it happened

Thank you for posting this. The more info I get on this whole situation the more and more annoyed I am by laziness of people at the top. It's ridiculous and I'm frankly surprised LoTC has made it this far, but think of the growth the server would see if someone actually gave a shit. 

Why's everything have to be drama and a conspiracy?

I was fully behind this redesign, but web design is completely out of my skillset. I would have brought on someone besides Lyon as he was already dipping out of activity, but nobody with the skills ever applied. This isn't an issue of staff exclusively, but rather a lack of talent willing to work for free. Trust me, if I could conjure a person who knows Invision to my team, I would.

I don't think the admin team really ever put a halt to any of this. From what I recall we were moving pretty quickly through any approvals and discussions, though I had very little to do with this project. You were working with the designer and kept us updated, you had the same level of access to the backend of the site as I did to adjust permissions and other issues, and as far as I knew you were going to Lyon for anything Invision related. Also I never recalled the reason for not wanting things to impact the main site was secrecy, but rather I just didn't want our main website to be broken while this new theme was under construction. I was pretty out of the loop on this outside of what you showed to admin chat. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help more with this but my strong suit isn't web development, and definitely not Invision themes.

The current WIP theme is too broken to work, Lyon is on indefinite hiatus, and nobody has the skills to finish it. Themes for Invision are complicated things that not a lot of people know how to work with. You also ignored my messages for quite a while after you left admin and I tried to figure out where this project was or get access to the assets. I only just got them recently and have shared them with CT who wanted to realign the homepage, and I'm actively looking for web developers but unfortunately for the scope of the work that needs to be done, nobody with necessary skills in the community has stepped forward. I have a general plan but without coders it's not going to happen.

tl;dr our forum software is old and complicated and web development isn't easy

25 minutes ago, Llir said:

Why's everything have to be drama and a conspiracy?

I was fully behind this redesign, but web design is completely out of my skillset. I would have brought on someone besides Lyon as he was already dipping out of activity, but nobody with the skills ever applied. This isn't an issue of staff exclusively, but rather a lack of talent willing to work for free. Trust me, if I could conjure a person who knows Invision to my team, I would.

I don't think the admin team really ever put a halt to any of this. From what I recall we were moving pretty quickly through any approvals and discussions, though I had very little to do with this project. You were working with the designer and kept us updated, you had the same level of access to the backend of the site as I did to adjust permissions and other issues, and as far as I knew you were going to Lyon for anything Invision related. Also I never recalled the reason for not wanting things to impact the main site was secrecy, but rather I just didn't want our main website to be broken while this new theme was under construction. I was pretty out of the loop on this outside of what you showed to admin chat. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help more with this but my strong suit isn't web development, and definitely not Invision themes.

The current WIP theme is too broken to work, Lyon is on indefinite hiatus, and nobody has the skills to finish it. Themes for Invision are complicated things that not a lot of people know how to work with. You also ignored my messages for quite a while after you left admin and I tried to figure out where this project was or get access to the assets. I only just got them recently and have shared them with CT who wanted to realign the homepage, and I'm actively looking for web developers but unfortunately for the scope of the work that needs to be done, nobody with necessary skills in the community has stepped forward. I have a general plan but without coders it's not going to happen.

tl;dr our forum software is old and complicated and web development isn't easy

Just. Fix. The. ******* Grahpic... It's not that hard mate. That's a mark on you and the entire administration. You should be embarrassed that you can't even update a single graphic.