YLK'MESH, TEMPLE OF FLESH

Nozgoth

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is something that I've been working on for quite a while now. There are lots of hidden meanings and metaphors. I hope you guys read it and enjoy. Also, all illustrations were done by me.

[!] A strange manuscript is found plastered on walls, in the backs of libraries, and on the doorsteps of peasants. Behold:

Author’s note:

"As I walk these halls I once knew, it came to me; though I am past this place, I still linger. I still cling to the last bead of hope. For this place is part of me. I am scared to take the leap. I have tried before, and fell back into the pit with no bottom. Hell, I am here again. So now I write you this text - be it a farewell, or a confession, I know not, but it holds the sick secrets of my unraveling mind."

The Exordium

The mind is a feeble thing. Though we credit ourselves for being so high, so holy, we are the most susceptible to suffering. Our thin flesh binds us to the image of our maker. Our intricate mind is prone to sickness and disease. In fact, it is seldom that a man is found who is not ill. Everybody is, but it has become mundane. We are insane, and those who are not simply lack the capacity to be. However, I cannot fault them for this because I must ask; who is really “winning”?

The default answer is that there is no true winner or loser, for there only is. One holds only the responsibility to be, and nothing else. That is your only duty. Yet we feel compelled to do everything but that. Our mind thrusts us into stress and madness. We are propelled unto the forefront of Hell. And when faced with that bottomless pit, we succumb, time, and time again. Here I offer a tool - not to resist, nor to succumb, but to withstand. This is the way to the salvation that religion promises but does not deliver, that the philosopher claims but does not attempt.

The rite may be used by anyone, at any time, for any purpose. I, the bestower, will not judge. Some live by the rite, and die by the rite, for that is precisely what it is. It is a way of life. It is a means to escape the tragic reality that we are faced with. Imagine that you could live beyond your mind, separate from the body and the world. You exist outside of the realm of suffering, since you know that nothing is real. And because nothing is real, you are made permanent and impermeable to all. In this thought process, you unlock the key to transcending man-hood.

All it takes is a leap.

FgYlSSevwGA1rff7YTlORJM4eLwWMnrqUzlwyExCe6i5JDSsijXZFo4jln5TmMSbCdRhfsZWMAV3Gn9faEYB-ANThgxfuhyvBa4Ur_dcYzV2MWk2wBFUDYzaRRz9t-AnskTgJvIF-u-f9eaS6RILdw

Follow not the Moon, for she cannot shine without the Sun.

The Malleability of Flesh

Transcendence is the ultimate hubris of man - a thing that has been sought after for as long as man can remember. We have been given the tools to manipulate, change, transform, and achieve metamorphosis. I have heard it, I have seen it, and I have lived it. There are those who claim to exist beyond their flesh–bending it and shaping it to fit their needs–and yet even they are still bound to this world. So would it be so daring to say that we were not meant to transcend our bodies? We were meant to transcend humanity through metamorphosis; the making of ourselves into God-like ziggurats from which we will become our own masters.

Yes indeed, flesh is an extremely malleable thing. Somehow it can be twisted and contorted so that it bears no semblance to its original form, and still maintain its rigidity. This rigidity is the walls of the prison, a crucial thing, for without those walls we would have no basis from which to envision ourselves. For this reason, the transcension of flesh is a fool's errand, one which I deem to be impossible. In all our apollonian mastery and knowledge, we do not possess the ability to transcend flesh. Instead, we were given the tools to undergo a great change into oneness. Why could this be? It was not without purpose - this is our destiny - this is our salvation.

Believe that you will fly, and you will fly.

sxFh47sKebCcykGzglZeFpPR6VoAvTUQSPWdqyBC1lAZxv9362krkI9_EcPPpN5t6QVhtcUkwJln_jYVcseH0NSA9suDSU4xTJy8WQtiCcMHKxXaWj5ZpH3fkhtm_j0CqGSlXYRAz9VLmUlDTNyRZQ

Reabsorbed - forced to carry out a pitiful existence again. I sat… cried… contemplated. “What should I do now?” I asked, but heard no answer. No amount of pleading to others would help me there, for I alone had the answer.

Succumb to reckless abandon. The world is a constantly shifting vortex of meaning and emotion, so do not try to pretend that you have some sort of balance. A facet of the world; you were born of this same chaos. Do what you were told not to do - what is considered “savage”, or “unacceptable”. For these labels were placed on the irrational to keep you out and away from the truths that you will be presented with. Only in those moments of complete desolation and reckless abandon will the truth become abundantly clear. There, some form of true vision is to be found.

Your consciousness is all there is. All that you perceive has already been warped and twisted by your mind. Become aware of that, learn to accept it, and then embrace it. Do not ignore anything, and do not fight anything - become one with that thing, and let it flow through and past you. This is a dangerous pursuit, yet it yields the greatest reward if accomplished. Be wary that you may steer yourself in the wrong direction and end up further from the goal than you ever were. There are two poles and a center to everything. Understand the poles first, and then find the center. Once you know you are ready, delve into the thought that all things are your consciousness, and you are all there is.

Let yourself swallow yourself. Witness the depths of inception.

Qe4-QH2VGdI9YctQ61DC3Mh_FKlY2ebQDQwAysVT4beIZvpXR-MF_l9E2mB-uXUXZhGTzW8BEp_FDvGeS12nO0X9yOrb4H7hzdvruShrxrSABPI30XKFswznqx7IPpOFgr5YDqVCRpvjccrip46VGQ

Though torn and time-worn, our old eyes yet serve a purpose.

Upon the intense revelation that you are everything, that you are me, that I am you, and that we are all, it will become obtusely apparent that the reality before us is primarily constructed by your mind (which is our mind). It may then occur to you that everything you ever knew was fallacious, however you would be wrong in thinking that. There are messages, hidden in patterns and symbols, that were dotted throughout the known world with the intent of you discovering them. These messages brought me here, and if you believe it, then they brought you here too. Perhaps your finding of this manuscript was on purpose (as all things are). Perhaps I was meant to write these words.

The state in which you are able to recognize these patterns and symbols for what they are, and connect them to the realization of reality, is called True vision. This state rarely comes and always goes, and we spend most of our time in some form of either blindness or madness. As aforementioned, there are two poles and a center to everything. True vision is the center, and blindness and madness are at its flanks.

True vision is the ability to view yourself and the world with no inherent bias. It is the ability to simply be - to be in bliss.

“Someone then, put the messages there. Was it I?”

ujOfKDpnGoPHZ62WQ_PK1PSLO2xcbyY3p1uEWYsRZEHUZX-FXpXFgCoAzooTM-NdQZNSHNYvfhqcmam5CekTsKljAh2DcqZmRhh0vM32QmPMlzwJS2rhCRg_o8vPWY2HpD-cHBC7z5UlH-eXvBrcBBY

Invoke him - the angel - he will show you.

The Sacrament

Dark thoughts - avoid the dark thoughts. Suppress the urge. Listen to them. Listen to the advice that they have; the advice that you need, because they know better. Because you are irrational, insane, and lesser than them. Because you are not wise. If you related to or acted upon anything that I have written thus far, you may be experiencing this same inner monologue as I have just demonstrated. 

My behavior has almost always been determined by the reinforcement, whether positive or negative, of those around me. There are some who appreciate the rash acts that I perform, or perhaps they reinforce these acts of mine because they find it humorous. Then there are those who would seek to see me act more rationally, more composed - more monotonous and robotic. It is irrelevant who is more good-willed than the other in this argument, because the only way to solve this dilemma is by deciding yourself how you should behave. And you will come to the conclusion that what I preach is the truth. So invoke him, the angel, for he will show you.

Step 1: Understand that the world, and everyone who inhabits it, including yourself, are an illusion.

Step 2: Understand that your consciousness is all, and that all is a projection of that consciousness.

Step 3: Tear down the barriers, both internally and externally. Flow freely, back and forth, and in between states and phases. Don’t conform to the world, let the world conform to you.

Step 4: Believe that the angel brought you here, and he brought you here.

Step 5: Call out to the angel. Ask him to show you.

Step 6: The angel will show you, and you will understand the sacrifice, you will know what must be done.

Step 7: Construct YLK’MESH, The Temple of Flesh.

The sacrament will not be easy. It will take us through the most crown of mountain peaks and the deepest of chasms. But there is no salvation without sacrifice. There is no true brilliance without madness. It takes both light and dark to create whatever lies between.

Only in unity can we have salvation. Those who will not unite will be united.

aySp44QpLpSa4MNGCPOSTdIylO5BSQLU4GaUkirCBEouragYM3HuNistRu218XpbCTtSDNeYvbRME7af6V3gWcVbaVQW1buYBRnkbIdJzvVf3yOhSBS4OYkG30khCgcLNXO2hdiGdnXcBCdy2Q2In6g

“Amass a force greater than any before, and set it to build me.” he said.

YLK’MESH, TEMPLE OF FLESH

In a reality where we are met with an impending fate, there calls for rash and brazen actions. What if, despite everything you do, you were barreling toward an unavoidable conclusion? Just as when we first began, in the end of things, we will have a choice. This ability to choose is a reflection of the true will of everything, even if it is only present in those moments of finality. Set your course now; pledge yourself to the temple - the true ending.

YLK’MESH, temple of flesh, hear my pleads,

Have my death,

For YLK’MESH, ‘til my last breath,

I’m in your stead, 

And shall not relent.

YLK’MESH, heart-like-stone,

Though made of flesh, your seeds are sown,

Though made in dark, your light - it shone,

YLK’MESH, One Emperor, 

I am your throne.

What would take an army ten years to build, will take us nine weeks. YLK’MESH is a pyramid that will be erected from the earth, wrought with the flesh of every mortal man. For through the sacrifice of our individual bodies we will undergo metamorphosis and ascend into a greater, non-human race. The one race. Or, what some would call, the Fifth Lord - but those who still believe in that old faith should know that I speak the true interpretation.

‘Lo the venation of the angel.

Jg1oTRYFCCVsALB_Dj6V3kNNrt_Y07Qyz4zbY5aT6YqR6WuLguKGTruFo4lploeUGe2AJXaVpY2kpj4m2GeRB1FwmJQsIvEUyycVO7OJfDaQAN8AGTTaYKXaFZqilp4pvb81UpC16im5zgVufo8Gwuk

The spirit inside me.

Once upon a time, in a strange, faraway place, there lived a spirit. And the spirit desperately desired a body. So he embarked on a wayward journey to scour the world for a body.

It found a town, and called out and said, “Someone, please, give me your body!” and nobody answered.

For it was grand and vast, and hence could fit into no mortal body. So it divided itself into many pieces, one for each person in the world.

In the beginning, the presence of the spirit was strong in every body, but it became diluted as the people had children and passed it down through generations.

In its desperation, the spirit became so divided that it was no longer itself. The people whose bodies it inhabited began to forget about the spirit.

Even though it now had a body, it lost its will and control and no longer had a use for a body.

And so it thought to itself, “Maybe I did not need a body in the first place.” And then everyone said, “We will make ourselves all one, so that you are whole again!”

So they built a pyramid, and named it after the name of the spirit.

How wonderful of a vessel it made, YLK’MESH…

~ Ylkopsis

Edited by Nozgoth

"YILTH'R MAROG." screamed a man in green, arms cast to the sky amidst the woods. 

Spoiler

Temple of Flesh is what the broads call my crib.

A Former Servant reads through the paper, then looking somewhat troubled. What in the… I must speak to whoever published this.

"We shall feed ourselves to the Ylk'mesh! For we must guide those around us who aren't aware of the devastating outcomes of their shortcomings! May we tear down those walls of ego, and self. To create anew! For we are the Architects. ."  Screamed the man with both of his arms outstretched towards the starry boundless skies above. A hand clenched tightly around the disturbed crumpled piece of  paper.

RISE, RISE GREAT PYRAMID

KNOW WE ARE NoT BUT SERVANTS, AND THE TEMPLE OF FLESH IS OUR WAY TO SALVATION

YOG'YLKMASH, YLK'OTHORTH

THE PYRAMID RISES, THE WIZARD WEEPS, WE ARE ALL AS ONE

Through the monastery's mosaics and sagesmoke, a spear of lightning pierces the sky and crashes into mud, and unto clay. The cracks on the glass align every random bent and snap of it into a rigid, albeit loose, three-jointed rod that gestures with patience, despite how swiftly it came and went. It was, incomprehinsibly: an angel's brilliant finger.

Bare feet through the forests. The bugs, twigs and crunchy autumn leaves bite her. Their insistence on her flesh being worldly and that so it will always be ... it was too cruel.

She arrived at that black-marred crater, and shed her skin. Finger by finger chopped and regrown, she lays the foundations. In his name, she thought. In hers, she knew. She emerged from herself and left the sinew of what was left there.

It all crawled back together, reawakened her by a shore. She fed the sea tears.

The man, marred with the sapling of madness, would find himself within those cold and hallowed woods. With difficulty and pain, did he find himself carve into that flesh of his, flesh cold and blackened from frost. The crude and holy symbol of the Angel, his breathing grew ragged as he leaned himself up against a tree. "Praise be to the Ylk'Mesh! Let its blood act as the river, to guide us towards salvation!"