To put a wounded animal out of its misery

To put a wounded animal out of its misery

XE0gyvWGlOsxn8l9M7ZrMcLEcdQP_yD7VD3_3ySLDig33KCjF-jqya42Ik7GBYcX-BZJDFZa9ZxkQwsPQvm6uhfLPmk_kskAWC3tCsbt5kp9c0nUVi6J69F06DuWrGXQ5xBTaC3DVKYedFFhbac5deg

BhbUSPvirgr8Tu6HkRg0LrQeNjUfqHVkmuSYmAkDJFHGEQiSiFR4YJoRoU8tLTEeKChshiACIMc1jNehKTb8Ms8mse7NecMuTi59lD6V_pO9hcoeSbtR3REVDeNAeafxMXGgwYuuzMuukRN_16u8a6M

-=Viktor van Darkwood moving away from the capital with other soldiers=-

FLtbcf3XEhAjpQMetHzjO8Cez_2pFqhS0y5M5iqDviEHc_746XTnyFWzoiKb05WIX3-qDo7Mi7Rfs2mgkUeCwmlFjScp4jnZYGaefeMYPYhHTQuTpa5R_QIWORrI6SU2eO3TJHPiMENNbdeo6ATCdas

Long had I debated with myself on what actions to take, what path is the one to prosperity. This thinking only led me to a single conclusion.

The nation which calls itself the Kingdom of Oren is nothing more but a rotting corpse, a wounded animal thrashing and lashing out at everyone around it, including itself.

When I first walked into these white walls I expected a rebuilding nation coming back from a conflict, one full of promise and growth.

What I encountered was a nation which had abandoned its roots and values which made it great, abandoned its principles in the name of greed and power.

A war waged for no reason but to gain more power, not for the sake of Oren, not for the sake of restoring the glory of the Empire, but for a select few in control to gain a boost of their egos.

To the nation which has abandoned progress, values and principles of its name I have but a single thing to say - I understand your wish for power, your desire for better times, yet your actions and your path lead to nothing but damnation.

I shall not allow this failed state to tarnish the name of Oren any longer, for My ancestors had sworn to the Empire and the fealty still holds.

This Kingdom must end for the Empire to one day return.

Signed

Viktor van Darkwood

Dame Viktoriya side-eyes the paper. "Too bad te' Empire nie longer exists."

A peasant who looks up to the 'van Darkwood' wakes up one morning, hearing of his change in loyalty. He shouts to his wife to prepare their things! They're changing nations for the fifth time this decade. 

"How many times has he changed sides now?" Aloisia furrowed her brow as she peered over the missive, shaking her head. "I shall have no qualms about ending him if he betrays us, Gustaf. I pray he knows what he is doing..." @M1919

Drako Darkwood, the Baron or Renduzzo would post his own missive with a nod of the head “A sensible decision, it took some time but it was sensible” he would smile lightly as he prepared something’s for his brother.

"Didn't he just return to the Kingdom?" a certain Rivian wonders...