DEFITIO NEGOTIUM

Burnsider

pjM56185xeQ9Sjwo7jj5OD8X562AoN6Id7n_2JrIsPZr_Fj9uh8P10yns0PuZaedem058xqMr96VRXRkjlEBrS2tKgJADctStoauN9EIE2l1SSAaL_8ZxojjrK0ProdPfxXQI47VlRnfvFUc_7Y

DEFITIO NEGOTIUM

THE FAILED TASK

Addressed to the Equestor-Imperators of the Order and the Curia of the Holy Mother Church

On the Casting Out of Brothers

2nd of Harren's Folly, 1883 | 2nd of Msitza & Dargund, 436 E.S.

fuo-gW04CyUr0l3yHnV833aWM5by9FlDWniIMasYM6Zw0dDiJxrY6R_VPH8MohDnAoh8oWWpM7t0uS74ue-EkiJhKT_rmcDGS-98CJRZ_JtYfNCqN-S7CehGhzYOCfYns3gR5g7cOo-fzHvAn-4

BeT9RHudJEab5I2OWYhD91CxYY0NC4L6mbNLuD82jWN5kqXay6U1MgHEEDibq9HsOYXVGa2I277OsIf942O-jPWxnkOA4_hyyFJdy13qzGRXIPar8nxppW4izvRQvdhBHt_112IWk6WziFbAOkI

HIS REVEREND EXCELLENCY HOLY SIR DAVID INVITUS, Grandmaster of the Holy Order of Saint Nicolas the Martyr,

Custodian of the Faith & the Aurum Shield of Saint Nicolas, does hereby state...

qkqU4OIXm7rJwy-EXdPnfFimzQhXlldRJeQmloip03OrpXU-oyw0KLLYHs8ISoilwNvdR3aydG_qnu79CkJjj983VK0DSH_FxNPdcHLxbYokQKAoMgYYxm0lbZwz1HfU3YMs4-qIkVnokAcpytE

I have failed, friends and brothers, fellows and sisters. In taking up this post as Grandmaster of the Holy Order of Saint Nicolas the Martyr, I promised GOD, High Pontiff Tylos II, and myself that I would work to eliminate the excesses of prior Orders. I would teach these new knights and fellows the way of sackcloth and penance. I would teach them that the light of GOD was more beautiful than any temptation of Darkness.

I have failed.

It is now my grave responsibility to correct these failings and render judgment on the failings of me and my brothers. Therefore, with firm reliance on divine providence, I now place into edict the following orders.

Holy Sir August, having refused to undergo the oaths required of a knight of Saint Nicolas, having refused to relinquish name and title in the service to GOD, and having been accused and found guilty of breaking the Aurum Code of Saint Nicolas, is hereby cast out from the Holy Order of Saint Nicolas the Martyr. His titles of Manus Dexstra and Equester-Lectorem are stripped from him. He is to no longer bear the title of Holy Sir or wear the colors and armor of the Order. Know this, August Jazloviecki, the only reason your life is not forfeit from breaking the Aurum Code is that you never swore oaths under it. @Mykei

Brother Jean, having been discovered shirking his duties in the dispute in Acre and having been accused and found guilty of breaking the Aurum Code of Saint Nicolas, is hereby cast out from the Holy Order of Saint Nicolas the Martyr. Though still allowed to be and bound by his oaths as a medicant monk, he is banished from the House of the Nicolites and no longer considered a brother of that monastic house. @Jentos

Holy Sir Alfred, Equestor-Venator of the Knights of the Martyr, having shown great strength of arms and character, is hereby granted the title of Manus Dextra. He will be the Commander of the Legion of Light, the right hand of the Grandmaster, and his designated successor. May you bring GODS's light to all the dark places of this world, and may you be prepared to defend that light when the evil or ignorant strike against it. @SomeKeyboardGuy

Finally, in penance of my failings, I hereby step down as Grandmaster of the Holy Order of Saint Nicolas the Martyr, take off my armor, return the ashes of Saint Nicolas the Martyr to the Order and the Aurum Shield of Saint Nicolas, and put back on sackcloth. I enter into the House of the Nicolites and will swear oaths as a monk, living out the remainder of my life in prayer and worship of the Creator of all things. The Manus Dextra will succeed me as Grandmaster.

GOD, in his infinite wisdom and patience, be praised.

"And they will cry unto you; 'Monster, monster, thieve of hearts and degenerate. And the tall, and the small, weak and mighty alike, will turn you from their homes. And they will stone you with words and with rocks. And they will hate you. And they will call you fool. They will cut at you with words of hate, and stares of ice. And for all you try, you will remain, unloved.'" Cited the monk to himself, bidding the words of his master while hiding under the branches of a fir tree. The lights of Acre glowed, far off, with only the light of the moon illuminating his frame through the trees. "Was there ever a greater penance ?" The holy fool wondered, head slouching down, riddled by both despair, hunger, and the cold guilt of faith.