To His Holiness Tylos III & his Curia

MCVDK

[!] Beneath contents are sealed for the High Pontiff (@Fionn__TWG) and the Curia of his Holiness (@Balthasar) as well as those shown IRP directly by them. It seemed, however, despite the private nature of the parchment, it began to be found around various Churches and libraries too. . [!]

As sent on the Sixth of Harren’s Folley in the 1883rd year of Our Lord

To be delivered to the Abbey of St. Robert of Metz within the Patriarchate of Jorenus

To His Holiness

Tylos III & his Curia

Patriarchate of Jorenus, the Holy See

Your Holiness, I am uncertain whether or not you have heard of my name; so I shall start with a brief introduction. I am the recently ordained Father Cyrus of Rudr, and I am the author of the ‘Thesis on the Concept of Hereditary Sin” which presents the argument for an alteration in the perspective of which the Church preaches the idea of sin and sinfulness. That is, however, not what I write to discuss with you. 

In the thesis named above, I briefly refer to an old document called ‘the Book of Availer’ which contains a description of the earliest records of the creation of the world. Justification and explanation of the curses cast onto the four brothers are also found within the book itself. 

Described in the section mentioning ‘the Book of Availer’ is a reference to an old thesis by the former Cardinal, Fr. Ailred Barclay, which details a compelling argument for the theological importance of ‘the Book of Availer’ and the relevance of this ancient document in relation to our Churchly principles. This thesis is called ‘A Thesis on the Theological Importance of the Book of Availer’ and I shall fasten a copy of the thesis for his Holiness to read at the conclusion of the letter. 

As a theologian and ordained member of the Church, I hold a strong interest in the further understanding of our scrolls and its contents. What bothers me in relation to ‘the Book of Availer’ is the lack of action taken after the revelations of Fr. Barclays thesis. I must agree with the late Fr. Barclay of its theological importance to our understanding of the Church and the Scrolls; however no Pontificate has declared ‘the Book of Availer’ as dogmatic contents.

It is the hope of mine that his Holiness might find in his heart to discuss with his Curia (of which I have respectfully delivered another copy of this letter to) of the potential affirmation of the contents found within both the thesis of the late Fr. Barclay as well as the contents of ‘the Book of Availer’ itself, as I would argue this ancient document answers a vast amount of uncertainties and questions previously unanswered. 

Much like the thesis of Fr. Barclay, I will fasten a copy of the original ‘Book of Availer’ as well as a chaptered version which I have edited (not in its contents but in its format) to fit the stylisation of our Holy Scrolls and our dogmatic documents at large. 

I have the honour to profess myself with the most profound respect, 

your Holiness’ most obedient and humble servant,

Fr. Cyrus of Rudr

[!] A fastened copy of ‘A Thesis on the Theological Importance of the Book of Availer’ [!]

[!] A fastened copy of the original ‘Book of Availer’ [!]

[!] A fastened copy of the chaptered version of the ‘Book of Availer’ [!]