MONTHLY PLAYER APPRECIATION: JUNE/JULY

shay

AH5P678j37YGRPfWP8v2t8ppzhh6KRTWP2zGP5b5FQezM6agKxXch6tPycLV9yig3kSIrduFoDU3RRh60xRM0I-zctdMr-KUA2N4t4BxsWKzixCNTEHJ4t6qEXqbnNZoDCwbU-jMh_TGGIrrm7yKzW4

Monthly Player Appreciation

June/July 2022: Buffsanta & Louis

Hello Haense, it is your MC Shaydelicious speaking once again. It’s time for a (kind of late) but DOUBLE monthly player appreciation! This month (or these months, rather) were pretty easy to select players for. It is no secret to anybody in Haense (or any human nation, really), that this has been a very conflict-heavy time in our rp sphere. SO! Naturally, it made sense to put some solid recognition towards two guys who have led us both irply and oocly. 

It’s been crazy watching the growth of the BSK, seeing the brotherhood turn into just that -- a brotherhood. Or sisterhood, perhaps themhood if you may. Regardless, the BSK is a huge part of Haeseni roleplay, and it has a huge impact on a good proportion of our playerbase. A strong leader is important, and that has been made clear by Buff lately. 

With countless events, trainings, and the genuine forming of a flourishing subcommunity, I’m excited to see what else our Lord Marshal has in store. 

Now, anybody who was present for any of our bigger fights during the (albeit, short-lived) war knows how important Louis was. Not only as a shot caller, but a general leader and a friend. I know I’m not alone when I say that Louis can actually make pvping fun, going out of his way to host training sessions for the less-pvp-inclined people in our community. There was a lot, a lot, of behind-the-scenes work done by our Grimbarian to get us to where we are, and a thank you is definitely in order. Now that your shot-caller boots have been taken off Louis, I can’t wait to see what you do with your creepy little Prince. 

Louis was easily the biggest asset to me when doing our little behind-the-scenes work during the war. He was able to consistently lend a hand when I wasn’t always available for Palatine work and I super-duper appreciate his willingness to always help me. Louis is a fantastic leader, always has been and is someone I can always depend on. Now, for Buffsanta - this guy has the biggest work ethic I’ve seen in Haense in a long while. He’s been brainstorming countless ways to make the BSK better and has consistently rallied and answered the call for help during wartime. He’s simply fantastic and a wonderful asset to our silly little government. I appreciate you both, despite our bouts of bickering about what types of alcohol we are or what Disney character represents us best. You two are what makes Haense so great. Thank you :) - Sarah 

Constantly being in VC with Louis throughout this war and seeing all the hair-pulling (lol) stress he put himself through to see Haense come out on top really made me appreciate all the work that goes into a war. Not only was he always working to get more people in our corner for the war effort, he was also grinding to keep our treasury stacked and just working in so many aspects of the government to keep Haense going while GMRO and Sarah were off on vacation. I can’t overstate how much respect and admiration I have for Louis, no matter how much we argue. Also, as a personal note, Louis has always been there for me and is an amazing friend who’s always willing to listen without judgement. As for Buff, I may not agree with an elf being our Marshal, but if I had to choose one to fulfill that role it would definitely be him. I saw him constantly working when I was in Oren without reward, and finally seeing him get the recognition he deserves in Haense is really heartwarming. Buff is a seriously cool, down-to-earth guy who helps make our community just that - a community. Whether it’s playing Bedwars and inviting everyone to play, or just hanging out in BSK VC, Buff is a really big part of what Haense is today. 

Thanks so much for all that you two do!! - elizabeathan aka liz aga veganwalmart :)

Louis is genuinely one of the kindest people I know, and has quickly become one of my very close friends here on LOTC. When I was still new to the server, he was very welcoming and inclusive with me, and is probably one of the main people who kept me interested in and playing the server in the first place! He does so much hard work and he really isn’t appreciated enough for all he does for the nation, he works tirelessly behind the scenes and Haense probably wouldn’t be the same without him or his help in leadership. Buffsanta is a recent addition in Haense, but has very quickly become an important member of our community with his work as our Lord Marshal, and his dedication to the BSK! I don’t know him too personally, but he’s always been very kind whenever we’ve been in VC together and I know he works very hard to recruit and help people integrate into our nation's community. - peachy

I don’t even know where to begin with these two talented, hardworking individuals. Buff is always so friendly when we wind up in vcs together, and I only hear people praise his dedication to the BSK - both in terms of training and organisation, but also cementing a community of players within the group. He takes the time to welcome new additions and get them settled in himself, as well as hosting various tavern nights/game nights. I look forward to seeing what he goes on to do! Being Marshal is no easy feat, as both Louis and Buff can attest to, but both have taken the position in their stride and both worked to make the BSK even better than before. Louis I’ve known for far too long. I’ve seen his long term contributions as well as behind-the-scenes work for Haense: from Knight Paramount, to Lord Marshal, shot-calling and whipping everyone (including the i-ladies) into shape for war, lately he’s taken on Royal Treasurer and is working more than ever in government. His versatility, perseverance, and leadership are highly valued in our community, and he’s certainly been a friend I can depend on (when he doesn’t have me blocked). - livrose

Good lads, both of em - coolcod

Good I can only greatly appreciate the work that both of them have brought to their respective positions both before wartime, and after. I am sure we would have been in a lot of trouble in the war if not for both of their efforts from leading in the government to recruitment. Louis has done his best to make the treasury office an efficient machine that has managed to rake in amounts of money that can be difficult to compare to from within Haense, to abroad. Buffsanta has over his period within the BSk been aiming, and achieving, to create something not seen for a while in a true brotherhood that’s active as both a roleplay, and out of character community. Taking up the torch where others left off, his dedication towards making others feel included is something that all should strive to do. - GMRO

And from the fellas themselves:

Buff has been prominent within Haense despite the little time he’s been here. While he might skip a bit on his reading, he has done a substantial job in binding the military to be more of a community, and providing them things to do, which is especially hard in these drier times of LOTC. He has made a conscious effort to go the extra mile too, and won’t accept just striving for mediocrity, by doing things such as offering to shotcall, and generally taking the reins on most matters; as any leader should. This helps with the burnout of some of Haense’s other leaders, and for this we can only appreciate him. -louis

Louis was one of the first people in Haense I was told I needed on my side. He’s one of the OG’s, a fantastic leader and has his head set straight. While a lot of people were all over the top with what I was doing, he just told me what I needed to hear and he told it to me straight. I think my first interaction was with a VC to talk about the BSK. I knew I was getting Marshal before I did, so I reached out to talk to him about his time in the BSK. Alongside that I needed to get to know the Haense government. That VC was extremely helpful to me. He was just down to earth. No ‘You’re gonna do great’ or that crap, but real points that I could actually use. He’s a great leader, and certainly someone whose opinion I value extremely highly. He gets the job done and he does it well. Sure we clash opinions at times, but I like to think our points are always well received on each end. You’re a good guy Louis, one of the best.

- Buffsanta

Thank you Louis and Buff, we appreciate you, and these two months are for you.
@louislxix @Buffsanta

OMG I LOVE LOUISJ17 OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I LOVE BUFFSANTA!!!