A letter to His Majesty's Royal Duma - On military wages

Lomiei

{A Letter to His Majesty’s Royal Duma On the subject of military wages}

tG9ORLyPb1nVBVejowWwXSnj554zkigPPfzJ8WCfvePNpJMdNpAWG5LxnAgCOUaE9AMCIX4Zc3iPTxQfENwy3ojNVIBwxQvhuscP53-wKHvnFlUacfMX9uvxyr8IBWZ_0R91_OuYHuUhwn65qRD-nDI

The subject of military wages in general is one of the utmost importance. This is true even moreso for a nation who’s military is one of the driving factors of Haeseni cultural and geographic superiority. It should therefore be regarded as necessary that the discussion of the kingdom’s compensation to it’s armed forces, navies, auxiliaries, and mercenaries, is kept open and honest - for the benefit of both the crown and it’s citizens.

The military tribune then presents the following questions to His Majesty’s Royal Duma on the subject of Military wages;

1. How often should this topic be discussed?

1. In all my lifetime - or even just that of living in haense, I have not often heard public discourse from the nation’s leaders regarding how much the soldiers are paid. In all of that time, the economies of many nations (and to our memories, entire nations themselves) have risen and fallen. Reasoning follows that at one point or another, the soldiers may or may not have been paid their worth, or being paid too much - which is equally erroneous.

2. Are the wages of each rank in His Majesty’s army fair? Both compared to the wages of the ranks adjacent to them, as well as the proportion of the kingdom’s treasury that is set for military wages?

1. The following sub-inquiries would be ideal for the Lord Treasurer (@louislxix) and Lord Marhsal (@Buffsanta) to answer, who I would wish to summon upon the next meeting of His Majesty’s Royal Duma, if I am allowed to do so.

1. Does His Majesty deem the current fraction of his treasury  paid for the BSK’s wages is fair? What factors may he need to consider before raising or lowering the fraction of the treasury for that purpose? Is the kingdom’s income stable and consistent enough to ensure that this amount of wage always stays proportional with that of the kingdom’s total income?

Additional questions and sub-inquiries may appear on the list as time goes on before the next session, but I presume that these questions alone are sufficient to develop the duma’s stance on the subject.

Signed,

Thomund Bishop, Military Tribune, Master of the Hunt

KHedt9btY4BIhiDQmQqgwbyyhmyUeQ5DQxMdVK-67cxF98wGUr3VqDvO_v-WxwqGklNAsrDyXL9WKYwIiE8f3SqX_zpD638Z3P2RkhEg7iybhkdtSXGBfefOceOxiQ_RiFVD7QNZ16tp86zF8huriGE

MNFFt1nUjrM4dLWDzLH5pjfsiTVgzCsPXNBPy_RNseUyI5t-L0FpVZmitd_ornNYQwJcyy0Jvu83xkJngjWZjeN6zpw4eoQ5-bnGD0jLNaCvP_pCXBQMFnmG0te_Yl9AVqTJ7hNhYAWAGv70mv_se58