The Treaty of Two Princes

HogoBojo

gy5YCx0HldRjIdFCIDKYdjYV1UL8NNmjjWwWp-gAr0Oq3r7MPXuEwlMfG-p25bgEhDLJlzyEKlh6sBmMcBgOJd4uIgtNRy4IFrXQ6q6HI-uYM6GMAu_xZQK4Pc-urApx2P_-mop7   411px-BackgroundHaenseCoatBiggerCrown.pn

The Treaty of Two Princes

Issued by the

PRINCIPALITY OF SEDAN

and the

THE GRAND DUCHY OF BALIAN

12th of Owyn’s Flame, in the Year of our Lord 1884

12th of Owyn’s Flame, in the Year of our Lord 17 of BA

image.png

ARTICLE I: ON SOVEREIGNTY

The Principality of Sedan and the Grand Duchy of Balian, also referred to as “the signatories” hereby pledge to mutually recognize each other's status as fully autonomous states. Both signatories recognize each other's right to fully rule and govern their territories as they see fit and shall not interfere with each other's internal affairs.

The signatories recognize each other's heads of states as the leaders of each respective territory. The Sovereign Prince of Sedan, Frederick I of House de Joannes and his successors shall be recognized as the leaders of the Principality of Sedan. The Grand Duke of Balian, John I of House Novellen and his successors shall be recognized as the leaders of the Grand Duchy of Balian.

ARTICLE II: ON DEFENSE

The signatories hereby do mutually agree to refrain from direct conflict between each other. Both the Principality of Sedan and the Grand Duchy of Balian shall stand as defensive allies against those who wish to seek harm against the other. Both nations agree to raise blades for the other's defence.

In the event that both the Principality of Sedan and the Grand Duchy of Balian both agree, this defensive alliance may be elevated to a militaristic alliance towards foes that challenge either realm.  

ARTICLE III: ON TRADE

For the mutual benefit of the signatories, they hereby agree to allow and encourage trade and the seamless flow and passage of merchants within their territories. Additionally, a tax free stall shall be provided in the capital of both territories.

ARTICLE IV: ON DIPLOMATS

In an effort to ensure diplomatic relations continue and enhance diplomatic communication in the future, the signatories hereby agree to set up embassies in each of their capitals. Diplomats safety shall be guaranteed in the other signatories territories and they shall not face any persecution while there. Should a diplomat cause an issue or violate the law in the other signatories territory then they are to be immediately extradited to their home territory to face judgement from the head of state or whatever internal structure is in place for such an affair. During this time, both signatories should work together to solve the issue diplomatically.

ARTICLE V: DURATION & COMMITMENT

The signatories both mutually agree that this pact is to be in effect for a twenty year span. To ensure the longevity and commitment towards the upholdment of this pact, the Princely House of de Joannes and Grand Ducal House of Novellen shall be united in marriage within the timeframe of the treaty. Upon the expiration of the pact, the signatories have the agreement that the treaty shall continue as long as the marriage between the two houses is still valid. Should the non-aggression between both nations be violated then the treaty and can not be resolved diplomatically then the pact shall be annulled immediately.

image.png

Signed,

HIS IMPERIAL HIGHNESS, John I,  by the Grace of GOD, Grand Duke of Balian, Viscount of Eflen, Lord of Atrus and Monterosa, and Prince of the Holy Orenian Empire, etcetera.

HIS SERENE HIGHNESS, Frederick I, By the Grace of God, Sovereign Prince of Sedan, Count of Louisville, Haverlock and Döbern, Viscount of Fauconberg, Baron of Avoria and Pyrmont, Protector and Lord of the Valley of Goats, the Haikaprier, Head-Librarian and Founder of the Frederick Library, Liberator of Libraries, etcetera.

HIS IMPERIAL HIGHNESS, Prince Alexandros Casimir Novellen, Heir to the Grand Duchy of Balian, Count of Monteres, and Prince of the Holy Orenian Empire.

HIS HIGHNESS, Joseph de Joannes, Crown Prince of Sedan, Baron of Ponce

HIS EXCELLENCY, Caius Tiberius de Ravensburg, Lord Chancellor of Sedan, Count of Ravensburg

HIS EXCELLENCY, Lord Legate of the Grand Duchy of Balian,

Constantine Malenos, Baron of Malenos

The quill was dipped into the black ink a few times over before it reached the paper. “Constantine Malenos.” He would repeat as the name was written over the parchment while his hand continued to finish off the rest of the work. “It pleases me to see former sons of Oren come together once more as friends – and unity by marriage. God bless Sedan and Balian as they continue to prosper under his will.”

Princess Augustina made the last adjustments to her wedding gown and packed up her childhood bedroom. "For Balian's sake. As their Princess, I have a duty.” She addressed Persephone, her younger sibling. “I will miss you but you know where I will be” The Princess smiled and continued with her day. “Ave Sedan and Ave Balian. May Joseph and I work to construct something marvelous.”

Ser Apollyon Marshall smokes his pipe and reads Lord Drako's copy of the missive as aint aint nobody got money to pay for newspaper subscriptions except them nobles

Caius Tiberius de Ravensburg, would dip his ink in the inkwell and sign in name "Today, the Houses of Pertinaxi-Novellen and De Joannes are untied in both marriage and diplomacy. " he'd smile

18 minutes ago, annanicole__ said:

Princess Augustina made the last adjustments to her wedding gown and packed up her childhood bedroom. "For Balian's sake. As their Princess, I have a duty.” She addressed Persephone, her younger sibling. “I will miss you but you know where I will be” The Princess smiled and continued with her day. “Ave Sedan and Ave Balian. May Joseph and I work to construct something marvelous.”

The youngest princess of Balian watched her sister toil about their childhood home with a look of sadness. "I wish you didn't have to go, but I understand why you must" she looked around, before picking up her blue ladybug plushie "Here, take this with you. You can hug it whenever you miss home"

Laurelie smiled when the treaty was put out "The hustle for Balian never stops does it" she chuckled to herself happy her 'old' home was able to make a pack with another place

Ser Owyn de Ravensburg while in the Sedan Tavern read through the missive, a jovial expression upon his face before speaking aloud to his comrades and kin, his voice bellowed so all those nearby could hear, "The time of union is near! A toast is in order! For we drink to this budding friendship between our realms, but to to the long awaited union between our Crown-Prince and the Princess of Balian! AVE SEDAN AVE BALIAN!"

Just now, Optimus420 said:

Ser Owyn de Ravensburg while in the Sedan Tavern read through the missive, a jovial expression upon his face before speaking aloud to his comrades and kin, his voice bellowed so all those nearby could hear, "The time of union is near! A toast is in order! For we drink to this budding friendship between our realms, but to to the long awaited union between our Crown-Prince and the Princess of Balian! AVE SEDAN AVE BALIAN!"

Esther de Ravensburg sighed as her father shouted, a slight glare in her eye for such loud noises. Nonetheless, she loudly shouted back; "AVE SEDAN! AVE BALIAN!" - Just to return to her studies right after.

Ember looked down at a missive, the elfess had an expressionless face from her room in Balian.

"Yet another Diplomatic mission I wasn't aware of, atleast its peacefull....though I wonder where has Lord daviili gone, truly, these are gray times. And a marriage huh...well atleast that's one way to do it, Ave Balian."