A Battle of Light & Dark, Within The Fallen City

Valannor

Vanessa stood after finishing up sharpening her blade and headed for Urguan's armoury. Surely, she could find more blades to sharpen to blank-space the mind for the day from Astark's voices still ringing in the ear.

"Goodbye... That-there... Donkey..."  Salutin' figure overlooking the remains of the battle, Hemlock, the Arch-Miner and Herald to the One that Mines gave a final goodbye towards his recently adopted and now disowned Donkey.  

Wheresoever formidable shadows and fell-things crept and lingered, searing Light was sure to follow. Within the room which the Templar dwelt in, he would reminisce. Feanor would most distinctly recall the were-beasts which leapt with horrifying accuracy.

Distantly he recalled the warnings of the Shadow Druid - and a word fell from his lips.

"Palebeast."

Of the other beings which they witnessed that day, he wondered distantly how many, in disguise or other forms, he had met before. Perhaps most of all what troubled the elf was not the ferocity of that which they faced, but the cyclical frequency of their actions.

He looked upon the single glowing ring carved into his right palm, where that brilliant heaven-wrought hammer often rested. The scar still burned, even now.

Spoiler

Y'all got any of those screenshots with shaders? I couldn't turn mine on :(

2022-08-05_21.23.24.png?width=1288&heigh

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, Valannor said:

A 28 man crp battle fought over 3.5 hours, and everyone had an absolute blast. Thank you all for coming, and participating in such an epic and good natured battle. This is what we love to see on Lord of the Craft, and it makes me proud of everyone involved that we had an encounter end so smoothly that there was no arguing, staff called, pvp threats, none of it. Just roleplay.

I wasn't present for whatever this encounter was, but I am both envious and happy to hear about these encounters unfolding between various playerbases. When people want roleplay, there will be roleplay. When people want to tell a story, they will tell a story. When people want to have fun, they will have fun. Put a group of players together who genuinely, truly care about building a narrative and cooperating in good-faith, and you will get all of these things. 

I just wish this could be the norm for the larger community.

Paladins and their... Fuckin... Ability to heal... Would have killed as well. Hope it left a scar... Should have used my azhl oneA ghost grumbled out as he retrieved his arrows from the aftermath of the battle, glad he had at least did something in retaliation for his lords fall to the one that felled them 

(oocly the worst death was that of the war donkey, fight me)

The Blackfinger Captain would look down upon his stump of an arm that he now bore, a hand going to press the once whole arm. A mortal man, having fought side by side against the Maleficar worshippers. "GOD, has put trial and challenge for me this day and time, to test my will and strength. I pray that upon my next encounter, those of the Angul of Xan shall pay twicefold for the injuries they have done onto me." It was with that, he began his prayer in that slowly freezing tower, a prayer of repentance and failure for his actions that day. But with each utterance, did prayers of wroth and wrath, grace in between those lines. Prayers that asked for failure, of those who bore the Light of the Lion. 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, SilvertheGM said:

The Blackfinger Captain would look down upon his stump of an arm that he now bore, a hand going to press the once whole arm. A mortal man, having fought side by side against the Maleficar worshippers. "GOD, has put trial and challenge for me this day and time, to test my will and strength. I pray that upon my next encounter, those of Angul of Xan shall pay twicefold for the injuries they have done onto me." It was with that, he began his prayer in that slowly freezing tower, a prayer of repentance and failure for his actions that day. But with each utterance, did prayers of wroth and wrath, grace in between those lines. Prayers that asked for failure, of those who bore the Light of the Lion. 

the-horror-scared.gif

Vallein Vuln'miruel sits with with Mercy of Morea across his lap as he listens to the sword yell at him for the better part of an hour as to how they were not used in Glorious Melee Combat till eventually its complaints ran dry and the ame responded with a simple, "Next time."

4 minutes ago, sincerelyE said:
  Reveal hidden contents

14 minutes ago, SilvertheGM said:

The Blackfinger Captain would look down upon his stump of an arm that he now bore, a hand going to press the once whole arm. A mortal man, having fought side by side against the Maleficar worshippers. "GOD, has put trial and challenge for me this day and time, to test my will and strength. I pray that upon my next encounter, those of Angul of Xan shall pay twicefold for the injuries they have done onto me." It was with that, he began his prayer in that slowly freezing tower, a prayer of repentance and failure for his actions that day. But with each utterance, did prayers of wroth and wrath, grace in between those lines. Prayers that asked for failure, of those who bore the Light of the Lion. 

the-horror-scared.gif

Two things, one, that was fun. Two! Its character arc time!

With the death throes of the Barrowlord, the forces of the Light had done one thing.. they had bought themselves time. With the Barrowlords light extinguished from the world for but a short time, the forces of Xion and that of Xan retreated to plot their next moves.

Dark days loomed on the horizon, this new Crusade of Light and Dark was sure to be a brutal and bloody affair.

Meylis sits in his lab preparing Auric Oil, Blasting potions, and Tanglefoot. "I won't be caught off my guard again. Next time I'll be prepared..." He then thinks sadly about the brave life lost this day "... I'll be prepared ta avenge dat Donkey"

Spoiler

image.png.c50e7c1546e41ae3919e9fea42a80c7b.png
image.thumb.png.415c07afb0068f6ee2e30f5c01bb07e9.png

Finally have something for my Signature! 

Spoiler

man this was so fun, thanks for y'all coming over yesterday. gonna write a post for it through the Queendom of Serheim subforum!

From within the Soulstream, a long passed Ascended observed the fight from a pool of water. Her arms crossed and gaze set on what she bore witness to. An exhausted sigh escaped from her lips. "...And thus does Light and Dark clash once more. The eternal conflict continuing on as it should. Though I wish the Paladins and their allies well, as there is still a fight they must fight,"

Her eyes flickered to a particular face, Faenor, and she couldn't help but smile. A mother bearing pride in a child, a grin of an old woman amused by what she was seeing. "...and to think you'd use my bloody relic to carry on where I left of, be it in your own unique way... hah! Of course you would and I'm all for it! Wear it well, as it bears my hope to see the world to contiune on its path despite the many who seek to harm it. Forge ahead, Faenor,"