Consistory Transcript, 1884 - 437 E.S.

Balthasar

ORDINARY CONSISTORY TRANSCRIPT

PUBLISHED BY THE PONTIFICAL CHANCERY

16th of Horen’s Calling, 1884 | 14th of Wzuvar and Byvca 437 E.S.

The College of Cardinals did on the 20th of Tobias’ Bounty, 1883, convene to discuss the matter that were brought before the College, a briefing is found below:

• Lector Trevor unveiled the concealed history of St. Lorethos of Rhen, which shocked the Curia and compels the body to reassess the validity of the deceased’s canonization. Furthermore, a replacement for St. Lorethos of Rhen was proposed; Avenel Synalli. An Elven in the service to the Orenian Empire in the late 16th to 17th century. In addition to this the Acolyte Cyrus of Rudr brought up the removal of Lorethos would also mean the removal of a Patron Saint of the Rhenyari and urged the Curia to find a replacement for both magick and Rhenyari. The Secretariat awaits the documents from the Lectorate, where the beatification process may begin.

• Secondly, Lector Trevor gave the Aegisian Curia a report of vampire sightings in Grodno. The former Ser August was suspected of being one himself after avoiding testing by the Lectorate. August will be summoned to submit to testing where his status may be confirmed.

• At last, a Mister Ruadh Mor came before the Curia to discuss the succession of the Daeland title; how it may best be kept out of pagan hands. Nothing was decided or voted upon by the Curia. The Curia consulted with Mister Ruadh Mor and he left with something to consider.

This session was scribed by Acolyte Cyrus of Rudr, attached below is the transcript. Any laity wishing to bring forth issues to the College of Cardinals may pen a letter to the office of the Secretariat.

Spoiler

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Might you start from the beginning?”

Lector Trevor: “Incident started just last saint's day. Someone ran an' got me from the clinic- the vampire in question - a young woman with child by the name o' Johanna Iekami was found exsanguinated from an attacker in her home in vienne.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Moment..”

Lector Trevor: “Ser August was in the room with her at the time; we took her to Felder's Rock for treatment because we had more resources available. While she was recovering I was able t'get a story out of her but it didn't make sense.”

Ruadh Mòr: “Your Eminences an' Graces, gude Lectors.”

Lector Trevor: “She had sent her dogs and children out to play while ser August - a man she claims t'be like an uncle to her- and her cousin Jack.”

Lector Trevor: “Were in the home with her.”

Lector Trevor: “She claimed they were upstairs and had joined her for tea, she'd left the door unlocked and someone had broken in after she cut herself and pounced on her.”

Lector Trevor: “We took her back home, the home was a small vienne house, two stories only. They would've heard her thumping around down there - so that didn't add up - and her tea set was downstairs.”

Lector Trevor: “We then decided to speak with August and do a follow-up, he gave us a conflicting story that he was out of the house getting his mail at the time of the attack.”

Lector Trevor: “I told him in order to find the vampire in question we would just go through the suspect list starting with the obvious choices. So we told him he could help with the investigation after being salt-tested himself to eliminate any doubt.”

Lector Trevor: “He seemed reluctant to do the test, a nearby Barclay levyman volunteered to be tested first and aid with the investigation, nothing out of the ordinary occured with his test.”

Lector Trevor: “Ser August then admitted he knew the vampire after urging us t'head t'Grodno for the test and further refused the test until he fled from the scene.”

Lector Trevor: “We contronted the woman again, she admitted her cousin had been infected and attacked her because he'd been seeking help and refusing to drink blood to sustain himself.”

Lector Trevor: “We cured him, he volunteered t'stay in the temple and do some scroll study- that's the end o' that part o' the story.”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “If I may add I have heard a story about this matter from a Barclay, his first name escapes me at the moment. Both of these stories line up.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Why would they feel the need to lie if the man already wanted to be cured?”

Lector Trevor: “Y'want the benefit o' the doubt truth or the facts o' the matter?”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Tell us how it is, Father Trevor.”

Lector Trevor: “His discovery by Lectors may've exposed a network of vampries, they were in progress o' findin' an independant alchemist by their own admittance.”

Lector Trevor: “Alternatively: The boy and his family are really dumb.”

Lector Trevor: “And thought we'd just kill him.”

Lector Trevor: “Ah veer toward the former, lessers tend t'gather in groups - nests we call 'em.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Hmm, I am aware of the woman... She was a Ludovar before nie? If it is this Johanna, she has been known in the path for niet being the... smartest of folk”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “If you'll forgive me for sounding blunt. The Lectorate can strike fear into many who do not know you well. I can't say one way or the other, but fear can make people do stupid things.”

Lector Trevor: “Aye, her ah'm willin t'excuse because it's easy- however, independantly of us and even at the same time Acre captured Grodno residents an' reported vampires among them.”

Lector Trevor: “Whether war propaganda or factual ah've not found out yet.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Does the Lectorate suspect a 'nest' to be in Grodno then?”

Lector Trevor: “There's a possibility.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Ser August could've been a vampire for years and infected the people in Grodno..”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “Acre has been a whole ordeal on it's own… Have we any update on the situation with the acolyte in Acre?”

Lector Trevor: “Acre has been…yeah….”

Lector Trevor: “Ah ain't seen Jean fer a while.”

Lector Trevor: “But ah do have an update on that kidnapping.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Oh?”

Lector Trevor: “Azdrazi sympathizer, herald among Acreans - the paladins snatched him up.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “I must ask, are we speaking of the kidnapping I spoke to you about?”

Lector Trevor: “Ah don't think so, ah'm speakin' of a kidnappin' that's caused Acre t' ban elves and paladins from the city.”

Lector Trevor: “And uh- fer some consequence - unveiled women from their church.”

Lector Trevor: “Don't know how that ties in but it also happened about the same time.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Why do I feel like that Jean fellow is corrupting the Acreans?”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Unveiled women from their church?”

Lector Trevor: “Probably because he's an ibleesian beast masqueradin' as a clergyman.”

Lector Trevor: “As GOD as my witness.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Father Armand is missing out - This is another matter the Church will have to investigate closer..”

Lector Trevor: “Ah shot him with an arbalest, ah cut his head off. .”

Lector Trevor: “He put it back on in front of me an' started screechin' blasphemy.”

Lector Trevor: “Ah ain't slept right since.'.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “What are the citizens of acre doing about this man?”

Lector Trevor: “Gustaf cut a deal with him t'stay there, by his and Jean's own admittance.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Shameful”

Lector Trevor: “He believes that Jean can be redeemed - given new purpose. Jean has outright admitted to the Lectorate he believes he and his beastly kin believe they can consume sin by eating people.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “By eating people? They must niet be right in the head...”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “I will communicate closer with Father Armand about this Acre matter. I had expected something to be unveiled to the College..”

Lector Trevor: “He's a demon.”

Lector Enrique Pinieda: “They are, quite literally, monstrous creatures masquerading as men.”

Lector Trevor: “He put his own head back on in front of me.”

Lector Trevor: “Not right in the head? Shoot he ain't right in the soul.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “And regarding Ser August. A summons to take the salt test, if nothing is made of it he will be stripped of his knighthood and his vampirism made public.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Does that satisfy the Curia?”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Da, ea agree with such”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “That seems like the wisest solution.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “There was something else, yes?”

Lector Trevor: “Ah yes- findings on an old Saint.”

Lector Trevor: “Ah found two historical sources on Lorethos Basileus.”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “Your Eminence, if I may. Should we not pray for His Holiness before going further in the meeting? Times are dire and I feel it would be the right thing to do.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Of course, Brother James. Will you do the honors?”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “Beatissime Pater, voluntas tua est ultima voluntas, et tua arbitratio est nostra.”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “Oramus, ut passionem infirmorum subleves, et rogamus pro Papa ut ducatum tuum recipiat.”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “In nomine patris.”

His Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia, James Cardinal Providentia: “Amen.”

Lector Enrique Pinieda: “Amen.”

Ruadh Mòr: “Amen.”

Lector Trevor: “Amen.”

Lector Mathurin: “Amen.”

Cyrus of Rudr: “Amen.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Amen.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Amen”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “At your leisure”

Lector Trevor: “Right, so what we've found about Lorethos comes from his cousin, Indorill Basileus.”

Lector Trevor: “And a woman by the name of Keziah Thyone- her group was purged from Haensetti by GOdfrey himself for their cannibalism.”

Lector Trevor: “In the end I couldn't protect Lux - from any source, not even my own family. Lorethos made demands that she be made his concubine in order to justify her existence at the keep'.”

Lector Trevor: “In prior writings he described Lux as a mentally infirm elven girl he adopted.”

Lector Trevor: “Lorethos watched a simple elf - and ah mean mentally simple- grow up in his own home - ward and daughter to his own cousin and demanded her as a concubine when she came of age or she'd be ejected from the keep.”

Lector Trevor: “He goes onto write that Lorethos was commonly found in pursuit of the carnal and the sadistic.”

Lector Trevor: “Single, married - there's a couple things in here about an orc woman.”

Lector Trevor: “This one is from Keziah Thyone, and it details a betrayal of Prophet Godfrey.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “These are dark revelations..”

Lector Trevor: “Oh this one is much worse.”

Lector Trevor: “Lorethos came today, he's working under that fucker who ordered our house destroyed and tried to kill us. He wants to give us land if we spy for him and take care of his unruly people, it's better than nothing, but I expect he's going to try and come onto me. Kishin will not enjoy the arrangement but I don't have a choice.”

Lector Trevor: “This Woman is Keziah Thyone- an elven woman from Asulon who wantonly admits to eating other people for the sadistic glee of it- Lorethos gave her land behind GOdfrey's back after he ordered their home destroyed and their members purged.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “You're getting all this down, right?”

Cyrus of Rudr: “Ai.”

Lector Trevor: “A carnist, a bully, and a traitor for self benefit is the picture painted by his family and his conspirators.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “There is more than one source for this, yes?”

Lector Trevor: “Aye. This one is written by Keziah Thyone, the one you're holding now is written by his Cousin, Indorill.”

Lector Trevor: “These two had no means of meeting, their writings differ in style but match up in date, time, and current events - though from differing perspectives.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “A foul man.. We haven't sainted this man have we?”

Lector Trevor: “HE's the saint of Magi.”

Lector Trevor: “This information comes with a uh certain silver lining.”

Lector Trevor: “Ah believe there's a man who has largely been looked over by scholars that ah found in the course o' my research o' Lorethos.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “You've another to take his place?”

Lector Trevor: “Avenel Synalli- dubbed by his peers as the 'only good elf' and 'The Savoyard Super Soldier'.”

Lector Trevor: “Avanel boasts a list of accomplishments, a recorded miracle upon his death- and a miracle ah'm willin t'testify to myself.”

Lector Trevor: “Greatest alchemist of his age, Pioneered teleportation, invented Automatons, wore a sack cloth and a leper mask t'hide his elven lineage and appear more humble. Went out of his way despite his high position to wear no fineries.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Then I must ask was he a Canonist?”

Lector Trevor: “He was- he served exclusively in canonist kingdoms at that.”

Cyrus of Rudr: “If I might add, your Eminence.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “There are protocols we- Speak your mind.”

Ruadh Mòr: “Avenel waes Arcane Regulator in the Fifth an' Sixth Empire, aye?”

Cyrus of Rudr: “While I do agree with the Lector and the notes in regards to the horrid Saint Lorethos, I do wish to raise the point: Lorethos is - or was - not just the Saint of Magic but also of Rhenyari, my kin.”

Lector Enrique Pinieda: “Frankly speaking, amigo, do you wish for your people to be represented by a man who groomed a child?”

Cyrus of Rudr: “I feel as though, while this Avenel certainly seems worthy of sainthood, the curia ought to consider a replacement for the Patron Saint of Rhenyari as well; if Lorethos were to be removed.”

Inquisitor Dharas: “Enrique..”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “You make a valid point.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Are there any fitting ones then?”

Cyrus of Rudr: “Simon Basrid, perhaps; though I am uncertain of the requirements for canonisation, and therefore uncertain if the forefather of mine would fulfill them.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “That was the first man that came into mind. A pioneer of his culture.”

Lector Trevor: “AH'll leave the church t'discover that- ah've no reading on the Basrid but ah know of Avenel's portfolio and can personally attest to a miracle.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “It is something the Church can investigate - Back to your Avenel, if we please..”

Ruadh Mòr: “I wad be wary of awards tae Orenian lairds o' that period. Their governance waes implicatit in the murder o' Pontiff Pontian the Third, aye?”

Cyrus of Rudr: “I believe Simon Basrid served Pontiff Pontian the Third as his Chamberlain, if I am not mistaken.”

Lector Trevor: “Aye, the two ah can attest to: Ah recieved a vision in the midst of researching these matters. The news of Lorethos had left me rather morose, t'tell the truth.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Canonization is not something we can do with the wave of a wand, it is something we must investigate.”

Lector Trevor: “While ah was studyin' up on Avenel we discovered a number of odd things….”

Lector Trevor: “Firstly, ah was in the midst of a mental block developing new recipes - ideas fer the Lectorate Science Faire; we're makin' an effort to introduce new technologies an' helpful potions t'society as a whole.”

Lector Trevor: “While reading up on Avenel ah discovered his likeness in the leper mask and hood was very alike our own Brother Bessol Gamov who wore nearly the identical outfit.”

Lector Trevor: “In tribute to Bessol, Oijin designed the BG line of Automatons.”

Lector Trevor: “These Automatons cut the same silhouette as their inventor, Avenel- mask, hood, brigandine. We have had no prior evidence of Avenel's existence up until about a Saint's Month ago.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “I pray you've a rendition of Avenel's mask as well.”

Lector Trevor: “Aye.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “That is quite the likeness..”

Lector Trevor: “Aye, ah believe he wore this in the…fifth empire?”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “I am more than in favor of Avenel, but he must be beatified first, his status as a Canonist unquestionable. I request that you write one miracle he has performed in death and send it to either myself or the Secretariat, Father Victor.”

Lector Trevor: “Ah've got two ah can tell ya'.”

Lector Trevor: “His body was managed by a priest and an undertaker.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “One will suffice.”

Lector Trevor: “During the process o' processin it, they reported that Avenel's elven body soften, his ears rounded and his features became more square in a show of brilliant light. Apparently, Avenel amongst his many works among men Avenel was given a human body upon his death.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Do you have any written accounts of this happening?”

Lector Trevor: “Secondly ah was gifted with a vision that my fellow LEctors can confirm, durin' my research o' Avenel ah prayed on the matter and was struck in mind with three recipes.”

Lector Trevor: “Recipes made t'aid the common tradesman and social order; things which have no purpose but t'aid mankind's survival. A potion t'remove salt from sea water t'make it potable, one ah had previously theorized as a method of making stone moldable as clay for masons. And a metal treatment t'help farmers manage their livestock herding without hurtin' the animal.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Will you be able to send all documents of either miracles to Father Victor. We can talk all day, but we can't do anything without more Cardinals present.”

Lector Trevor: “Naturally, ah'll mail 'em soon.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Forgive me if I sound dismissive, but I cannot do much without breaking our laws, that is something I do not want to do.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Once Father Victor comes forth with the documents the College may convene and vote on the matter, if approved we can begin the canonization.”

Lector Trevor: “Naturally, ah didn't expect t'get everything done right now. But t'pass forward what ah found.”

Her Eminence, the Pontifical Chamberlain, Katrina Cardinal Jorenus: “Yam sure the lectors respect such and just wished to inform of their findings and give advice is all”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “You've done much for us. Thank you.”

Lector Trevor: “Aye, GOD bless.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Mister Ruadh Mor, forgive me for having you wait.”

Lector Trevor: “We'll let y'all get to it.”

Ruadh Mòr: “Nae issue. If ye are no aware o' the development….”

Ruadh Mòr: “I hae treatit with the southern pagans, wha hae agreed tae surrender the title o' Daeland tae mysell.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Congratulations, it must not have been easy.”

Ruadh Mòr: “E'er syne the Douglas apostates had the title appropriatit, it waes a fecht- at the very least, it now lies in Canonist, Royal Gromach hands.”

Ruadh Mòr: “The issue is, nane o' the other Canonist clans hae any presence in Almaris.”

Ruadh Mòr: “There are… twa MacPhersons in Acre, an' my wife an' bairns an' I, o' Gromach- oor cousins, o' Alstion. That's it.”

Ruadh Mòr: “Were it any different, I wad ask ye for a coronation- but it doesna befit any o' us tae rule an empty kingdom.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “That is fair enough. What do you wish from the Church then?”

Ruadh Mòr: “Weel, I wad seek advice. When my time comes, or I surrender the title, I wad ensure that it remains in Canonist Daelish hands. If I devisit a rule o' succession, how wad it hae your legitimacy behind it?”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “Good question, I am not that familiar with Daelish succession, but as the head of these titles you ought to be able to form your own rules of succession..”

Ruadh Mòr: “Then it is a matter I sall think on further, an' keep ye in the ken.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “And as a devout Canonist prince, I feel it is only right the titles be kept in Canonist hands.”

Ruadh Mòr: “A wee somethin' tae think about.”

Ruadh Mòr: “I wad nae keep ye further, then.”

His Eminence, the Vice-Chancellor, Adrian Cardinal Albarosa: “If that was all, may God keep you.”