FREEDOM

FREEDOM

Mas8wavFOYVUIdGa9gL5Nkh5x3CmuNLULFz_LOnEKERrsKceEPUUyKp2AiEpzyNq70w5pPYCGDihGZglUUEeDlGTTRVtcZqOT-dtxMmeFPBvqmRFliDelcHbMI1M-JyN_s3xPtkFGYVZf_n5jhZYQQE

Spoiler

Previous Posts:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Every life runs its course. Years pass, seasons come and go, time escapes out of one’s hand. Each life runs a different course, yet, some share similar key events. So Leon contemplated, seated atop the gate tower of the Castle of Durres within the lands of Minitz, the Chieftain overlooked the land which he now called home. It was fertile, albeit messy. There was no other building here beside the castle and the newly constructed church.

“Who even built that?” he wondered “During time of war too”

The gentle smoke rose from his fingers as Leon dragged on his Barcston cigarettes. He had now picked up a habit, perhaps it was only one of many. So he smoked, and looked about the land, the sun was rising in front of him, the dawn bringing in a new day. He sighed, and wondered how he got here. Five years of conflict, he realized, five years since Frederick decided to dabble with Haelun’or. To him, it didn’t feel like five years, it felt like a lifetime. The time since he lived in Haense until his traveling to Oren felt shorter than these five years of war. First, it was the war against the world, then, it was the fighting amongst Orenians.

We have accomplished quite a bit, haven’t we?

It just hit him, it had been four years now since Dietrich became a Baron, and Leon regained his nobility. In only four years, we’ve grown and prospered from a Barony of very few men. GOTT smiles over Minitz. At that thought, his lips curled as they smoked the Barcston once more. Yet, his life had also taken a common course. He had gotten married to a Waldenian wife, Maria. A child she had borne, a strong, healthy boy of pure Waldenian blood. Ottomar, they named him. Now that the war is over I can tend to my two children, Ottomar and Minitz.

Brothers and friends he had made in places where he didn’t think. Petsch von Reinmar had approached the gates of the Castle out of the blue, saying he wished to join Theoderic’s Warband after hearing of it. Leon chuckled lightly as he reminisced, he took one last drag off his cigarette, and flinched it down. He reminisced on the bond he felt with Petsch at the time. Both men of Reinmar, both raised as proper Reinmaren.

He then thought of Orion, the first elf to join them. He remembered welcoming the elf to the Castle of Durres, guiding him as he walked between the world of humans and his kin. He was reminded of how Orion said the elves had treated him, and thus had decided to stay in Minitz. Leon chuckled once more, he now is our Lawspeaker.

He then thought of Alija and Johann. Both men hail from Freimark, both searching for a purpose greater than themselves. Alija was the one he had met first, before Minitz was even founded. Leon smiled, for the old sage had provided him with great wisdom and good advice. He was aged, yet his spirit remained young. This is the spirit of the Reinmaren, this is our eternal struggle for liberty. So too did he reminisce of Johann von Freimark, the man who had approached him during the short stay of his troops in Reinmar. The newest recruit, yet a man I can already trust with my life.

He then thought of Hummer, originally named Lobster. Yet another sage who had joined the cause. His resolution was peace, to not harm another man. Leon remembered the time he met Hummer within the tavern of Mardon. Hummer’s pledge made an impression on him. It amused him, yet he respected it as if it were his own pledge. This is why we fight, so that every Minitzian man may live their life as they wish.

Marro, the first Ushtar of Minitz and one of Leon’s first friends and followers. Perhaps the most loyal, almost too much so. However, he smiled contently. Quiet as he is, he's an exquisite lad, ought to get him his smithy in our town once it comes. He valued the loyalty and consistency. In Marro, he saw a man he could trust, a man he'd be glad to die fighting with

Naturally, he could not forget Valens. The very first followers of the first Theoderican Warchiefs, Dietrich and himself. He smiled as he eyed up to the skies, he remembered the feeling he had when he first met Valens. It was a feeling Dietrich had too, an unspoken sensation, a soul felt at ease. They had both felt how special Valens was. They had tried him and tested him, through work and approval of the sages of Reinmar, they had discovered for Valens to have possessed the spirit of Chieftain Theoderic of old. Leon had heard stories from the sages of Reinmar, but he never really believed them. He had heard about how the Chieftain’s soul was said to travel the mortal realm, reincarnating in flesh as a being new, yet a spirit old. Leon doubted these stories no more, and smiled as he reminisced.

Another cigarette was lit, and Leon thought of the men of Minitz. He thought of Reeve and Siegfried, Elliot and the new orcish recruit, Ulvr. He thought of his Barclay kin here in Minitz, of Martin and Stanimar, two great supporters and confidants, Barclays clear mind and strategic aid. He thought of his wife and his son, and the family that was to come. He even thought of his descendants, those who he still did not know, but was ready to fight for. He chuckled a bit, and proceeded to smoke. How life goes, the thought, then his mind fell silent. He eyed the horizon, the sun rising above the empty lands of Minitz.

We now have freedom, the freedom every Reinmaren years for. Now lords but GOTT, no lieges but ourselves. But what was the price?

The price, he realized, were sleepless nights. The price was the making of good decisions. He did not live only for himself now. He lives for his family and his Viscounty. The Viscount of Minitz shared his same burden. Thus, his mind went to Dietrich. He came to Oren because of him, and now. Many struggles they shared together, many sleepless nights, many times of tough decisions. Dietrich was now akin to his father. The Barclay Chief chuckled at the realization, he even made me his heir. He thought, then averted his vision south, towards Acre.

The Harvest Lords, now a rather potent chapter in his life, one that was still being written. It felt as if it were yesterday. The first meeting of the Harvest lords. Theoderic’s Warband, Acre, Rivia. The good days, he thought, then looked downwards to the gates. He huffed, and with gritted teeth, shook his head. Charles… the name lingered in his mind. The name of the Viscount of Rivia, a casualty of the war. Why did we side with Orenians at first, Charles? His mind began running rampant the more thoughts it accumulated. ******* oaths, ******* loyalties! His brain screamed from within, a scream no one but him could hear. Look where they got you, Charles! With nothing to celebrate, with no brothers by your side.

Any doubt he had before then faded, and he looked straight towards the horizon once more. He took a deep breath, then released it abruptly. He knew he made the right decision, to not swear loyalty again to a Kingdom ill and weak, to a Kingdom corrupt and crumbling. Thus it appears is my burden. Kingdom after Kingdom I’ve left. Haense first, Oren second. Thus is the Reinmaren struggle, thus does my blood boil, thus does my spirit seek freedom, thus do I lead my men.

He then thought of Gustaf and Hannes, the Barons of Acre. The initiatiors of the war. He was now with them, and he did not regret it. He only regretted not having done it sooner, though he also knew he could not break his oath, thus he waited until Frederick I's death, his oaths had not gone afloat as had the crown which sat atop no head. As he reminisced of his Acrean brothers, the Barclay couldn't help but smirk. All this conflict and we still managed to spill no Acrean blood. GOTT truly does favor us.

This is why we fight. For our men and Minitz, for the Reinmaren prosperity, for the Reinmaren dream. No lord but GOTT, no liege but ourselves.

“Leon!” a voice called from behind him. It was a greatly familiar voice. He turned and eyed towards the horseman with brown hair, a headband covering some of them.

“Are we ready?” replied the blonde Reinmaren back from atop the tower. The horseman below nodded “I’m coming, Dietrich!” he notified before making his way down. Atop his own horse he hopped then, a Reinmaren breed of white color, its hair thick and white as snow. So, did the Chieftain and Viscount depart, atop their respective horses, they’d finally go to spend some time together, and departed towards the Acrean forests to hunt game. As they conversed during the road, Leon eyed Dietrich, and then back to Minitz. He smiled widely, then looked ahead. “The time of the Harvest has come and gone, Dietrich. We separated the wheat from the chaff. Now, it’s time to produce the flour”

((OOC note, screenshots, memories, and memes))

Spoiler

Been a while since I Leonposted but for this one I got a pretty long OOC thank u list. Despite the war having its ups and its downs, it was an overall interesting conflict. It was sad to see some of the players on either side having suffered from OOC bullshit though. Either way, thank you to everyone who participated in the war and kept RP to RP and OOC to OOC. Especially thank you to the following for making the RP and the leading of Minitz a really fun experience :) @MadOne @LithiumSedai @Miniguy15736 @TheBreak @Frymark @argonian @Petsch2k @Mockingbird-art @tadabug2000 @TrickyToucan @DESRRALACK @Gelones456 @slattador @SuperTrooperGaming @seannie @M1919 @Ryanark @Borin @Coolcod77 @ImmortalShadowZ @XOCO Wagone (I can't ping uuuu) @Tentoa @exqoisite

Since we're here, here's some memes n screenshots:

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png?width=670&height=670unknown_1.pngimage.png?width=586&height=670image.jpgunknown.png

2022-08-04_08.36.23.png?width=1191&heigh2022-08-04_09.02.15.png?width=1191&heigh

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1103&height=670unknown.png?width=1440&height=385

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1274&height=670

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1440&height=3862022-07-19_22.46.42.png?width=1191&heigh

unknown.png

2022-08-07_00.11.07.png?width=1191&heigh

2022-08-06_23.48.43.png?width=1191&heigh

2022-08-06_23.31.53.png?width=1191&heigh2022-08-06_23.18.49.png?width=1191&heigh

2022-08-06_23.24.27.png?width=1191&heigh

FGf_KpbLsmvnBJI4erYvhcl-ueDcQTAmRNLpKKX2pJjX9U-ZiJT0lsSUeh-foiR4hF-HSjJTOlXDTyEuo45YWuYnFYLcwa_6Kj9xL0Smpy36KfKNnLP7g3U6mJDABQ2u7fyEubzyuVGOvRhBSUGvamk

unknown.png

Screenshot_20220801-114611_Instagram.jpgunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

2022-06-14_22.44.36.png?width=1191&heigh2022-07-24_20.17.00.png?width=1191&heigh2022-08-03_01.48.11.png?width=1191&heighunknown.png?width=1440&height=432

You brought this elf to tears.

"Kin blood means nothing if it keeps you from freedom" -Orion von Minitz