ON THE INNER COUNCIL - A Public Response

shay

English Towne Regular

A PUBLIC RESPONSE

trIsB1G3JFa9pY0OyCwHq7N80GYXqEzsISns1aogQ2YQR1k5hc82LNPMn1fRts6TfXAn3n2yUfgDwVAzdQGc3AAcn2rz5WC7rKFTVh92CagyhCsCYmNJMYznwENLiqa9KzzwMAkvIel4D3HOwzaq7UA

UKEN VE KRAWN I ROZZ

Issued by 

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, AMADEA OF SUSA

On the 6th day of Msitza ag Dargund of 437 E.S.

GRAND MAER,

Your letter does indeed trouble the courts, though for reasons I believe were not your intent. I may have refuted your criticisms with a simple statement, that being; It is by grace of the Crown that any man or woman sits upon our Councils. No other reserves the right to speak otherwise, for it is by the will of GOD alone that King Karl III does rule, and by extension, it is the will of the same that I sit alongside him. I would not make a habit of questioning the Crown’s Authority, Grand Maer, though on this occasion I shall indulge you.

It does seem that the appointment of His Grace, the Duke Vidaus, to the post of Grand Lord is the source of your displeasure. In the absence of his twin, Her Royal Highness Dorothea Isabel, the position was left effectively vacant for nearly a Saint’s Month. Should any of those courtiers of the Morrivi wished to prove themselves more capable than the Duke, they should have expressed even the slightest interest to myself, either through word or action. Truly, I would have been overjoyed had this been the case, for contrary to your letter the Duke and I are not friendly in any sense of the word. It has been the case of the opposite for decades.

It was the case that the entirety of my Inner Council sat dormant. Each of these positions were open and available to the courtiers of the Morrivi, yet few put themselves forward to assume them. Thus, I saw fit to appoint enthusiastic outsiders to them, for it was clear the structure of the courts requires fresh perspectives and radical change. Whilst you did not think to mention the other new appointees, these being the Baroness-Consort of Ghaestenwald, Maeve Morovar, and Lady Zoya vas Ruthern, a former Grand Maer herself, I shall explain to you, and to the Haeseni people their merits so that I might put to rest these concerns you have presented to them.

To begin, let us discuss the Baroness. Lady Maeve is perhaps not the most experienced of the courtiers, though in her short time in the courts she has planned and hosted a number of events in the capital. As a Baroness, she is, of course, entitled to privilege beyond lords and ladies below her standing. Title had little to do with her appointment to the courts, though, for as I mentioned prior Lady Maeve has proven herself more than capable in her own right.

Lady Zoya, your predecessor, is an enthusiastic and driven woman, proven by her tenure as Grand Maer, a position which is specifically intended to work alongside the Lady Chamberlain. She ran numerous events, all of which were creative in nature and successful in their execution. This is not to mention the esteemed blood which does course through her, born of the Ducal line of Ruthern. There is little reason to oppose her appointment as Palace Custodian, for she has demonstrated her competence in every regard.

As for the Grand Lord himself, I do think it necessary to touch upon what is expected of His Grace, as many seem to disregard the position as merely that of a hostess. The Grand Lord is primarily an administrator, overseeing the operations of the court in its entirety. The Duke Vidaus has proven himself competent in such positions, for, as you say, he has long been a leader of men in the Brotherhood of His Majesty. He is, of course, expected to ensure the Queen’s Council is consistently producing cultural material and hosting events for the Haeseni public, in both of which the Duke has much experience. He has been vital in the numerous writings of the courts, providing much work uncredited for the betterment of the Kingdom. The Duke has oft been called upon to both offer insight into and personally assist in the hosting of events by the Council, to great success. On matters of etiquette, the Duke Vidaus stands among the most refined of his peers, though one truly hates to admit such on account of his most disagreeable nature. 

To serve as the primary advisor to the Queen is arguably the most important role the Grand Lord must fill. Despite our personal disagreements and otherwise foul relationship, he and I are able to work well together. His appointment to the role was one made not of nepotism, but of sheer competence. He has swiftly proven himself to be enthusiastic in the role, and has immediately set to work. I have seen it fit to appoint the Duke Vidaus as such and that is, truly, the end of the matter. 

Thus, regarding the state of my council;

I shall choose my own advisors, for it is my right as Queen to do so. 

IV JOVEO MANN,

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Amadea of Susa, Queen Consort of Hanseti and Ruska, Princess Consort of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duchess Consort of Carnatia and Vanaheim, Margravine-consort of Korstadt, Rothswald and Vasiland, Countess Consort of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, and Toruv, Viscountess Consort of Varna, Baroness Consort of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, Thurant, Venzia and Astfield, Lady of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera.

jHg-wEBEEC60dqF4T3FB0lD4xSySEVKEG7fZBG5MV840SCwrYal7UgvD74-YBeMo1S82-ASPBYk-Ts_vyLA9ixNHm9UaN4LcUwxW60GuRyjTy6wl0TxF_kjYIIZ9Gb-nmdWVMEUKdrdXaCKhyL9pLf0

Angelika nodded proudly, carefully placing the notice down onto her desk.

"Let them cry."

"The Duke has, on multiple occasions in the Duma hall, referred to mea honourable peers by merely 'the lastname'. For example, labelling the Viscountess-Consort as 'the Kortrevich' and speaking to her as such despite her most prestigious position. Ea would niet exactly call him qualified to teach etiquette to mea daughters and son, but the Koenas speaks in retort..." Muses a certain Countess, reading the letters from her office in Otistadt without more of a comment on the matter thus far...

"GOD bless the Queen, she understands the importance of setting aside what is her personal life from her duties," said the Duchess of Vidaus.

"... What events has she done?" Esmèe squinted at Maeve's name. She turned to her husband, practically shoving the missive into his face. "I've done more, have I not? Have I not done more than her as a consort? Did I not almost get us a promotion under my regency?" She lit up another cigarette, "Merde, I should've talked to Dorothea personally then send a letter."

Jakob Vernhart read the response and looked to the sky. He was conflicted. On the one hand, some might think the issue is now over, that he got the reply to his question of 'why?'. Some of it really has. But he knew it didn't end the real problem. The man whose only dream was to sail away in a boat and fish, was now regarded as greedy for a position he never wanted, and the division within his beloved nation that he wanted to finally close, would only grow.

He wondered, what could even be done if no one would even lend an ear.

[!] Maeve morovar smiled brightly as she showed the letter to her entire family "that.. my babejs, that is my Koenas." 

Arabella lets out a heavy sigh of relief, at the haste response of the Queen to attend to the issue at hand - especially in a formal, well-written manner. "That's a monarch," the youth exclaimed to herself under her breath, increasingly becoming proud of her decision to have moved to Haense.

Charlie Charles grumbles as he goes on his day, "It's not solely God's responsibility to see the establishment of leaders, but rather the constituency of a realm. To claim absolute authority by extension of God's Will, brings only vanity, pride, destruction. It seems that in the dissolution of the Orenian Kingdom, the Haeseni have taken upon themselves the same selfishness and self centeredness as their southern counterparts - fitting, seeing how many Orenians fled north. Damned puffed up nobles." The Alstion spits aside, finally attracting a raised brow from his secretary.

A small morovar begins to play chess by herself Infront of the flames near the fire place "Annn' D6, Hahaha!" She said ignorantly before hearing her mamej adress the children, Including her "oooh I sheee" she anwsered to her mama @_mady07

39 minutes ago, seannie said:

Charlie Charles grumbles as he goes on his day, "It's not solely God's responsibility to see the establishment of leaders, but rather the constituency of a realm. To claim absolute authority by extension of God's Will, brings only vanity, pride, destruction. It seems that in the dissolution of the Orenian Kingdom, the Haeseni have taken upon themselves the same selfishness and self centeredness as their southern counterparts - fitting, seeing how many Orenians fled north. Damned puffed up nobles." The Alstion spits aside, finally attracting a raised brow from his secretary.

Marius Audemar during a stroll through Acre caught wind of this mans ramblings, the boy took jottings in his notebook of his wise words...