ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MARRIAGE, 1885

GhostSHTR

ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MARRIAGE

16th of Owyn’s Flame, 1885

9WVZalVBq7m2Ia95n4wGlebaltFuHkaorBM1Qso5SJ061LR1xYpt_aobYi8S9gobHI2LGcChdP4LvqPf5dRfiXUWIz-oq04g5G84UWTAN4_ojlaGTtbVCEOpsbJ2FoqhTEwlDs1e9yOr0Jd0CoCqNw

It has been a few saint’s months since my son Owyn Commandus de Ravensburg married Winnifred Ragnarsson, until recently a peasant without my consent. I had contemplated disowning my beloved son due to his disrespect to his status as a nobleman and disregard of marriage protocols. Yet I continued to debate such things and I eventually came to the conclusion, I love my son, and I cannot do it for it will simply bring more trouble than I wish to take part in.

Therefore I declare that,

• I Hereby Recognize the Union between Owyn Commandus de Ravensburg and Winnifred Ragnarsson, which was confirmed in Holy Matrimony under GOD
  • I Hereby Recognize any children born of this Union as fully legitimate members of House de Ravensburg, They Shall Bear the Name de Ravensburg and shall bear no other, as it is their birthright Paternal descendants of Lord de Ravensburg

Though I completely acknowledge the marriage between my son and his wife as legitimate , I have not forgiven them for such transgression, I pray one day I shall for give them, but such things take time. 

Signed,

The Right Honorable, Caius Tiberius de Ravensburg, Count of Ravensburg, Baron of Calmest and Vice-Chancellor of Sedan

Ser Owyn de Ravensburg reads the missive thinking this is a nice gesture but could’ve been said to his face and not through a letter. This only further proved his opinion that his father is a spineless coward and uses fear to control his family.

1 minute ago, Optimus420 said:

Ser Owyn de Ravensburg reads the missive thinking this is a nice gesture but could’ve been said to his face and not through a letter.

Princess Augustina nods towards Owyn. “Ready for my wedding?”

Lady Winnifred de Reanoux would shake her head at the missive “I do not want his forgiveness, nor his house titles for my children” she scoffed, turning to her husband “He recognizes our marriage yet still no apology for slapping your daughter or disrespecting your wife”

Edited by Fluff

Just now, annanicole__ said:

Princess Augustina nods towards Owyn. “Ready for my wedding?”

Ser Owyn would nod as he folded the missive into his pocket, “Of course your highness, can’t wait to taste the fancy booze!”

One girl rolled her eyes; a daughter of Owyn. "I think I'll choose to stay mad." Esther grumbled, a hand resting on her cheek.

“Hm! Curious! Seems so minor. I could care less for his status. As a man who has to prove their status by making such a bitter showcase of approval, is fearing something.”

The young Lord de Rosius said to a loyal bar patron while cleaning the bar table. While doing so, the Imperial Blooded lordling could feel a shiver from his back, simply rubbing and sweeping I off while continuing to clean the bar table.

33 minutes ago, Fluff said:

Lady Winnifred de Reanoux would shake her head at the missive “I do not want his forgiveness, nor his house titles for my children” she scoffed, turning to her husband “He recognizes our marriage yet still no apology for slapping your daughter or disrespecting your wife”

“Quite right, but it is better than nothing at all. Wish he just had the balls or courage to say it to my face.” Commented Ser Owyn

Helene would look over this missive, shaking her head towards it. "I may have left my family.. But at least never beat my own daughter. Let alone, my granddaughter. You should not only feel shame for that, but misery for tearing a once great family apart." She'd place her reading glasses on the end table nearest her, Grateful that she was finally released from her torment.