I gave 27 LOTCers the option of choosing between 22 Root Beer Companies, here are the results:

Shiredom

Spoiler

Companies Presented

• Barq's Root Beer
  • A&W Root Beer
  • Mug Root Beer
  • Dad's Root Beer
  • Hires Root Beer
  • Sioux City Root Beer
  • Bundaberg Root Beer
  • IBC Root Beer
  • Dang Butterscotch Root Beer
  • Stewart’s Root Beer
  • Virgil’s Root Beer
  • Oak Creek Blonde Root Beer
  • Frostie Root Beer
  • Sprecher Root Beer
  • Abita Root Beer
  • Dog N Suds Root Beer
  • WBC Goose Island Root Beer
  • Hank’s Root Beer
  • Hansen’s Root Beer
  • Saranac Root Beer
  • Adirondack Root Beer
  • Babbling Brook’s Root Beer

'Other' is presented as an option as well.

So, what are the results?

RootBeerGraphBar.png

RootBeerGraphPie.png

• A&W Root Beer: 33.33% (9)
  • Mug Root Beer: 33.33% (9)
  • Barq's Root Beer: 7.41% (2)
  • Hank's Root Beer: 3.7% (1)
  • WBC Goose Island Root Beer: 3.7% (1)
  • Other: 18.52% (5)

As you can see, the majority of the votes went to A&W and Mug respectively, but comparing it to my survey made in May 12 consisting of a smaller sample of 16 people, you can see that that Mug Root Beer has a majority of 62.5%. So why does Mug Root Beer in this sample have a considerably smaller voting audience?

I have come to the conclusion that it is due to the fact of the 22 options presented to the voters caused a lack of unity and cohesion in the answers, with so many options what was formerly the dominant party in the last survey is now fractured and shattered into several different groups, while the previous survey only has 3 options. 

RootBeerChart.png

Provided here is the speed at which I received the votes to decide which Company holds true to it's values and is perceived the best on the LOTC Community.

It is my thesis that Mug Root Beer still holds dominance over the LOTC Community, and should stay that way.

Who is hank and why should I give even one single hoot about his root beer

10 hours ago, The Love Queen said:

Who is hank and why should I give even one single hoot about his root beer

Hank's holding a gun to my head send help

This answers the question of how to provide value with your time on lotc (also Telanir is looking at this while im typing this.)

I'm surprised and shocked that Barq's got so few reviews. Can you comment on whether you believe this to be due to general consensus regarding its quality, or whether it is sold in a limited region, so many may simply not be familiar with it? For context, I voted A&W but would probably put Barq's second.

4 hours ago, Thrawn said:

I'm surprised and shocked that Barq's got so few reviews. Can you comment on whether you believe this to be due to general consensus regarding its quality, or whether it is sold in a limited region, so many may simply not be familiar with it? For context, I voted A&W but would probably put Barq's second.

I believe that it is due to the fact that it is viewed as sub-par compared to Mug, and I don't believe it is actually sold in a limited region, seeing as it's a subsidiary chain of Coca-Cola. 

Also due to the fact you voted A&W I will be doxxing you in the coming days, you have failed your duty of being a MUG BLOODED AMERICAN.