From Sand to Stone

Seva

FROM SAND TO STONE

gb1hrIGIQhQoS48kBiD9RhpBRP_r6ixgXV4LORwaevUXrVcdjW7CwjruBjaJh0C1VzoqPKm6My36jeQCJIq9OAKsF3rnnW6n9_glUJoXS97LV1u3XxJij3XUBiHqDCOfqI5ZNACNzb6wNLG9

Across the Grand Duchy of Balian, a missive is spread. Penned by Orelia the Scholar, in preparation for her campaign. The papers describe the policies of the Scholaris Naturae, along with the goals of her term and vision for the future of the Duchy.

It is a fundamental truth, that for the future of a people, foundations must be constructed. Firm and strong. Built by the powerful to cradle the weak. To elicit peace and prosperity in which their children may live.

It is no surprise then, that Balian faces adversity unknown. Demons encroach upon Almaris, men take beastly forms, nations rise and fall, and the diplomacy table grows only more tense. But those are issues that face all nations. Balian in particular has no end of troubles itself. Built upon unsteady sand and drought-ridden dirt, forged of refugees and found families. A village of Nobles and Commoners, made all the more difficult by the Peasant’s triumph in Acre. I could list on and on the reasoning of why the foundations of this land are unsuited for the life we wish to sustain.

I take no pride in titles. This may come as a surprise, considering I am running as a Noble candidate. It is not that I look down upon such things, rather that I see others as more important. I ask you, what benefits the city? The people? What can be done, not to improve superficial ideals, but the very ground we stand upon. These are things that I have considered quite carefully.

As I am facing the Demon of Dobrov, I face the issues that plague this land with similar fervor. When the Beasts come to end our reign, they will find a strong Balian. Suffering not from the petty squabbles of similar nations, but from success.

In light of this goal, I present to you, the goals and policies of my campaign:

• The establishment of a full overhaul of the trade performed in the City, the goal being that each Noble Family within the city would be required to take a full trade under their jurisdiction. These would include Agriculture, Arms, Carpentry, Textiles, and other artisan disciplines. They will not be wrestling these trades from the common folk, instead overseeing them and proposing ways to uplift and encourage the growth of their given trade.

• In tandem with the previous goal, Nobility should no longer be forced to rely on petty means to increase or decrease their standing. Service above all. In taking over different aspects of Trade, they might prove their worth, while also gaining more agency over their own rise. So too would we reward military service, the eradication of beasts, and the procurement of foreign goods.

• By establishing better marked disciplines within the city, more jobs may be opened for the common folk. It is the duty of the Nobility to establish such employment opportunities, and to care for the citizens under their jurisdiction.

• Finally, the preparation for years to come. Under my direct guidance, the establishment of a guild or office directly suited and meant for the destruction of Beasts, and all manner of vermin which seek to cause unrest to the citizens of Balian. This would be done in partnership with the Lectors and other Adventuring agencies across Almaris, should they accept. This will not be in opposition to the Army, rather any military or civilian personnel may join with the office in order to learn how to defend the city from harm in the event of an invasion from monstrous forces.

Though not all that I aim to accomplish, these main goals provide a lens through which to view myself. I would have you all know me for who I am. I am a Scholar. An enemy to the dark. A friend to the people. Through knowledge do we rise.

I encourage any and all, who wish to discuss my views, or to simply treaty with my mind, to seek me out within the city. Or of course, to send a bird prompting a meeting.

Spoiler

OOC Contact Info:

Minecraft Username: Sseva_            Discord: Seva#9391

FROM SAND TO STONE, HAMMERED FIRM,

Orelia Irina Darkwood,  

Scholaris Naturae

Lady Johanne Vuiller, Procurator of Balian attended the rally hosted, considering who she might endorse in this campaign.

Cesar Komnenos is overseeing his stock before he has to leave and one of his clerks hands him the messive and he reads out loud 
 "The establishment of a full overhaul of the trade performed in the City, the goal being that each Noble Family within the city would be required to take a full trade under their jurisdiction. These would include Agriculture, Arms, Carpentry, Textiles, and other artisan disciplines. They will not be wrestling these trades from the common folk, instead overseeing them and proposing ways to uplift and encourage the growth of their given trade."

he hammers his fist into the table " Is this person totally ******* nuts?! they need to stick their damn fingers out of trade, and handing ownership or overseer powers to a group of lazy layabouts that hardly work in the trade is gonna choke and kill trade for no one will take orders on how to run their own business from some uppity noble, if she gets in and somehow manages to pass this, i wont let any noble tell ME, how to run my show." he said  " ooh but they wont wrestle the trades away or take take control.. but in her own god forsaken words they have the power to proposing on HOW it should be run, its the bloody same, clearly this person has no ******* clue how the life of a merchant or trader is, or how a business is run" he said before trashing the messive " i rather endorse the camel that took me here then her" he mumbled