The Heists and Forums Update

Rilath

7 minutes ago, Rilath said:
  • 9) Posting “r” or otherwise reserving a post for later editing and updating.

i can't wait to report posts for going

r

I love the phone forums on bravo 6

Screenshot_20220819-195804_Samsung Internet.jpg

*Cackles in Robberies*

Reserved

Gnome

Great update

Forum janitor life

huge dub for villainy rp 

Disney Villain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

minimum sentence requirement is cringe

needing consent to mention someone's rp name is cringe

please reform forum warnings, having them stay around for 1 year+ is utterly bonkers

7 minutes ago, Borin said:

please reform forum warnings, having them stay around for 1 year+ is utterly bonkers

its super easy to just shoot someone a discord message saying "yo do you mind if I talk about you in my post"

8 minutes ago, Borin said:

I know it sounds like a lot. Don't worry. It's not. 

R

17 minutes ago, Borin said:

I second this, requiring consent to include somebody's character within a forum post will likely prove to be a very slippery slope that will only come back to bite many in the rear-end. I understand entirely as to why this rule exists, but it isn't practical. Many people have biases - me included - towards others from an OOC perspective; these OOC biases might easily affect the person's ability to make a forum post which happens to involve the other's character. All it takes to prevent said person from releasing their forum post is to say, "Hey, I don't like you, I don't want you to mention my character in your post." It's restrictive to roleplay, and I personally don't believe that roleplay should ever be restricted, not unless it is unfair to another player. 

I've rustled quite a lot of feathers throughout my time playing Lord of the Craft. I've also made quite a few forum posts which IRPly directly mention people who dislike me OOCly. If I went to them and asked for permission to include their IRP name within my post then I'm nearly certain that they would've said no. It's simply impractical.