REQUIEM FINALIS

Fionn__TWG

Bishop Maya instructed all four of her children to practice their prayer at dinner that eve, for her mind was troubled with the loss of yet another Pontiff. 

"Humanity lost a real one." Declared the elderly Kaustantin, shedding tears as another lifelong friend leaves to the other side.

Petsch von Minitz would lower his head down reading the news, he began to pray.

"I'm never asking for a sermon again" concluded Amadea following the prompt dropping of the Pontiff in the middle of his last mass

It took a moment for Charles to ponder on the passing of the Pontiff as he entered the Chapel Magdalena, the Vicar he had just confessed his inner turmoil to but a few days ago. He recalled how feeble the old man appeared during then, supposing it only made sense that it was imminently due, "I shall do right by you, I shan't take thy confidence for granted." the Prince prayed, fingers interlocked as he remained knelt at the altar.

Katerina gazed upon the blanket she had used to cover his dead body. A pain filled her heart once more of grief. She had watched this boy grow up, mended him when he had been injured... And now? Now she would be the one to put him to rest. 

"Now it is vyr turn to rest and watch over me like ea so many times did for vy in vyr childhood. Godani bless and keep vy, Klaus" she uttered his old name out loud, alone in the basilica as she did with a few tears rolling down her cheeks. Shortly after she was met by the Cardinal Adrian. 

The Vice-Chancellor stared at the Holy Father's pale corpse. It was a strange sensation, to see someone you knew in life, laying without a soul before you. The Cardinal did not pray, in fact he didn't think too much about it. He trusted the machinations of God and that Tylos III was now in the Seven, in paradise. 

"What do we do now?" came a voice behind him, it was Katerina. She had summoned him to the the Basilica.

Adrian regained his consciousness and spoke to his sister-Cardinal "We will declare sede vacante and prepare for the funeral" Having said this the cardinal-red priest marched away to write the declaration.

Lady Johanne Vuiller signed the lorraine upon mention of the grave news, head bowing in prayer with her children nearby. With the news fresh in mind, she made way for the basilica so she might light a candle in the Pontiffs honor. 

Ser Reinhardt Barclay sat alone within the Cathedral of Saint Tylos, staring up at the Lorraine that sat upon the wall… “Ich am all that remains…” the old man thought to himself“Bruder… Klaus, ich hope du are at peace… with deinself und ich hope du are able to reconnect with mutter, vater und Adrianna… Ich am sorry for the schiesse ich caused over the years, und the rift ich caused between us.. ich am sorry. Ich am sorry with every ounce of my being, und ich hope that du will find it in deinself to forgive mich.” The knight bowed his head, letting loose the torrent of sobs into his armor, sobs he had withheld to maintain some semblance of stoicism.

Edited by Capt_Chief26

"You did all that I had tried to set out to do and much, much more," The long since deceased Tylos II offered to Klaus as he came to greet him as he entered the Seven Skies. "You've more than earned your rest. Do join me for a cup of tea soon."

The Surgeon - the shadow of Adrianna Darkwood - watches her brother make his way into the Basilica of St. Henrik. Unfortunately, due to her condition she finds herself unable to continue in after him into that Holy Site, although she knows that today is the day. It's become clear to her after all if these years; when a soul is preparing to pass on.

"Ich wast right, brüder, Ich waaasst..." Whispers her voice on the breeze. Tears fill her grey unmoving eyes as her brother collapses at his altar. "D-don't die yet, Klausie... Ich will miss du. Ich will never see du again if du go now..." 

And yet it seems Tylos III can't even hear her, watching from outside. He's too busy watching Reinhardt.

As the last of the Vicar's life leaves his body, the ghost observes his spirit ascending towards the Seven Skies and she lets out a howling sob. 

At last, after years of watching over him - in his work, in his coma, in his final moments - she had nothing more to hang on to. There was only one man, one being that she cared for, now.

The Phantom's eyes turn then to her final, eldest of brothers. If there was anyone who could have seen her, they would have noticed as they glowed white hot. 

"Reinhardt~~~" And a new man was to be haunted for the rest of his days.

A certain elfess lowers her wine glass and looks into the furthest corner of her room, there she saw her beloved relic... a bag with the label holding onto the sewn words; 'High Pontiff stealing equipment bag'. She smiled.

Laurelie would sing the Lorraine and pray for the High Pontiff, before going to her young son and reading him more of the holy books/scrolls (I'm sleepy don't @ me) 

News about the death of High Pontiff reached the south. Upon hearing them Maciej Jazloviecki would trace the Lorraine "May he rest in peace with uncle Tylos II in the Seven Skies" He said as if to himself, and began to pray