THE BLACK COMPANY

indiana105

QZ-pChs3aKkz2IeIiYxlMSTiLZ0r_nOhOIZ3ECN6ShUYZUgWGYGAlRXohZRZuY4Q4H9MK-1q_A8i0dOXjClFrgdJmDvNUPOtXrTLoxQjAFWD5VFqM2AL0VTkWiSxg5DVnaTafxBx7Vu2tfYasoU08ts

OF 440 E.S.

RwOsI6zKnD5IYfmLEgWieaCsxmyFqzlisJBB8tlpCAWW-tcIqmtn7GxjKN6JeyYAmL2N7IQVqWESp72Z83jYaPoQrnFKT1b-NfkkB5pVqAvJQZm_KwHA7DmyNygbx6sdduI7Pw079KYnJxtRX-gQFy4

Issued by the

DUCHY OF VIDAUS

On the 11th day of Gronna ag Droba of 440 E.S.

SANGKRUV I RUTHER,

Long has the Black Company stood guard over the lands of House Ruthern, existing in some form or another for centuries. In this time they have served both their lords and the Kingdom valiantly, for it is they from which the Brotherhood of St. Karl may claim its ancestry. Yet this historic company has slid into stagnation, its banners unraised in recent memory. With the persistent threat posed by brigands and heathens in the marchlands, His Grace has deemed it necessary to breathe life into this once prominent order.

As per the Haurul Caezk, specifically Jura I Szlata VII which concerns the duties of a Ducal peer, the House of Ruthern is permitted to field a guard of retainers. Thus, it is hereby decreed that the Black Company of 440 ES be established. Any Haeseni wishing to take up the banner of Ruther are to present themselves before His Grace at his seat of Druzstra. 

A BRIEF HISTORY

The Black Company was founded by Rhys I, Count of Metterden, approximately two centuries ago to date. Under the Lord Ruthern’s adept command, his Company quickly grew to become the largest levy in the Dual-Kingdom. Perhaps rather dangerously, the strength of the Helmholtz-based band eclipsed even that of the standing army of the King. At the behest of the Count, the Black Company did battle against the enemies of his King, notably in their many engagements with the nefarious Vaeyl Order and in service to the Crown at Karl’s Hill. 

For his leal service and martial prowess, Rhys I was titled Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska and reformed the army of His Majesty as the Brotherhood of Saint Karl. While the Black Company waned in importance from then on, of those first members of the Brotherhead the majority were drawn from its ranks.

DUTIES AND PAY

The Black Company is to act as the personal retinue of the Duke of Vidaus, protecting his person and family, as well as his domain and subjects. They are expected to rally at the behest of House Ruthern whenever called upon and to carry their banners into battle without hesitation.

2pKPGOYNG6conWNTkl-WXaa9tvBkAjhO7BdCdzduBwVb6MTu4BZZR1R9qyCgUlnqol2-0tDBjXFRy2EDI0MjUMcxUQu8VDCU23rkCRmxDH4dD4yH2wX_Copg5EVHQV2MTFbqbJKzV4yrkTSD894enFU

WIkHX-8khpULDl41Zasugsm9W-TNBwVqRokjIJx05QfX1njU7L5a8Jq5gSy7PO873ZM-aHj_eqUcElEHalUHgWyDrSTKJofLyDIIzXT-exG0y6c9rTITc0WYvAwh_aPeUfviwBk9IcB91Aom6OIsGdk

Unlike the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, which any man of the Black Company may enlist in as well, bannermen are not paid a yearly salary. Instead, they are paid a sum upon cutting down a man in defense of  House Ruthern. The amount of said sum is to be a year’s wages of an Oathedman in the Brotherhood, per head. At the discretion of His Grace, they may also be paid for dutiful service

STRUCTURE AND PRIVILEGES 

All men donning the armour of House Ruthern are equivalent on the field. That is to say, the Black Company is devoid of hierarchy, save for the Duke or those appointed by him to command his banners. He who is deemed worthy to lead the Company by His Grace shall sit on his Ducal Council, the Obberat, and oversee the defense of his domain as a whole.

All men of the Black Company are entitled to the following;

I. Arms and armour befitting his duty.

II. Training in combat, should it be needed.
III. Lodgings in castle Druzstra and the Black Barracks.

IV. The favour of House Ruthern.

DRUZ GJERNZ AG GRYVNZ, 

His Excellency, Mikhail var Ruthern, Grand Lord of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Baron of Rostig, Lord of Druzstra and Protector of the South

Her Grace, Margrait Ruthern, Duchess of Vidaus, Countess of Metterden, Viscountess of Greyspine, Baroness of Rostig and Lady of Druzstra

Spoiler

Send a message to indiana105 in game or indi#3506 on discord if interested in joining.