[✓] Shamanic Amendment: Spirit Pacting

Panashea

5618116.png

5618118.png
 PxArz3u76RLRqmBkYsLLI7hjgqNMx6I-QvOgHuRI_ZRj1eEACP_uYWdgnHWOWswXQ-74Y2dk-RoDKzuLoooTAl-WkQi05Opb75Qt9qyfP8MsYiSGUG2PZnKJRIqI2mjfOPmyGOGzx2a2XJ5Te8l1YMs0ZZDGVCYOr2SRpkqacFpdPJNq4VspKFr7Dw

To reinforce the necessity and impact of Spiritual pacts, officially documenting and citing them is essential to ensure shamans roleplay well and pick and choose their spirits according to their characters and actions. Currently, there are no limits to pacts or any real information on how they function, and so this is to clarify how shamans of all kinds should interact with the Spirits they pledge themselves to.

When making a pact with a Spirit,  the shaman in question must detail their pact on the forums (this does not mean the interaction is public/known irp), describing their experience and the tribulations. A Spirit will also task the shaman with some starter task or objective in order to prove their worth.  Each Pact is documented in the same Subforum to organize the shaman playerbase.

When pacting with a Lesser Spirit, the Greater Spirit who domineers above them has knowledge of the pact, as would any Spirit within the realm upon looking at a shaman. A pact is something that can be seen within the Spirit Realm, the same as any soul augmentation or corruption, (voidal magic, aengudaemonic influence, undead, etc). A pact does not augment the soul, there is merely a visual indicator for Spiritual beings. A shaman cannot see another shaman's pacts.

Pacts will ONLY be with Lesser Spirits. Greater Spirit interaction is reserved to Spirit Walks and events/wars held by players and staff. This is to ensure the quality and relationships with those characters is maintained fairly, as well as to encourage shamans to form their own Spirits and faiths about the world. Each pact with a Lesser Spirit will cost 1 Magic Slot, and when a pact is made, it will be documented on the Pacting Subforums.

It should be titled as followed:

[MC Name]'s [#] Spirit Pact: Spirit Type

Panashea's [3rd] Spirit Pact: Azog

Due to the change in Spirit Pacts, shamans with former TAs, MAs, MARts, and other documented shamanic information will be preserved.  Shamans can still teach all of their magics. However, they may not utilize Witchdoctor and Farseer at the same time, and must choose a subtype to permanently document on the Pacting Subforums. Current shamans would keep their tiers.

Currently, Totem lore has existed for two years, but no totems have ever been made due to their steep requirement(A Mart), with little reward as common witchdoctor hexes are capable of achieving the same effects with far less effort. Rather than tearing down what currently exists, a tiered system based on shamanic pacts will encourage shamans to make areas of spiritual influence, as well as MArted totems due to the character progression required to reach each tier.

Addressing the Changes

Spoiler

Spirit Pacting costs 1 Slot? That's insane! What about all the multi-pacted shamans or the "freeform" nature of shamanism?

With the current pacting system, there isn't really any distinction between shamans or purpose to explore the Spirit Realm.  My intent is to reframe the way shamans create their characters and faiths by making the process of choosing Spirits more weighty and impactful.

Subtype abilities will be divided by archetype rather then 50 confusing and mundane spells.  The difference now is that individual shamans will be valued for their pacts, and their skills will be powerful and reflective of the path they wish to walk with the Spirits.

In current shaman lore, a pact with Freygoth, Arwa, Ankrus, Zagbal, Laklul, etc essentially do the same thing.  Every shaman will have a pact with Akezo because there's no reason NOT to get the healing spell.  Having every pact isn't creativity or freeform, it's just messy and needlessly complex. 

Shamans in my rewrite will have similar general abilities, but will have unique distinctions broken apart by Spirit's aspect and the subtype chosen.

I.e

A Farseer of Freygoth and a Farseer of Gentharuz are still able to purge corruption, cast blessings, receive visions, and make tools, but the tools, aesthetic effects and physical effects of blessings, and visuals of the purged corruption will look entirely different. 

A Spirit Smith and a Farseer may be pacted to the same Spirit, but may use these them for opposing reasons. The freedom of these choices are up to the player, rather then a list of effects.  This also has the added benefit of encouraging shamans to work together, as now that every shaman is unique, they can depend and rely on each other to do new and unique things. You will not be locked out of interacting with Spirits if you don't have a Pact, nor locked out of specific aspects of the magic simply for not having a pact with a Spirit. The choice is yours in how you wish to pursue the Spirits, whether through collaboration, personal devotion, or some creative mix of both. 

PACT TIERS

w2ubwT35c646JBl2xnjZC7gTf8tzKGizmd4AWXBN_B_vrXyYL3d2U9sOCkFg7C9An-iiBLA88x8BfgNU_XOBRS80LJoPcHIii1vReY8r0wb0K1vQ9GMQuVnoClQdKj8on1LhHrfYV29Mf8sk2s7V1mqA-vefQO8_WzJhkXeDo6kpohKiHIZL_KM6CA

Tier 0 Pact(Cultural) 
Tier 0 is the level most non-shaman and non-magical totems currently exist at. While they do not provide any effects for the spirits or influence the Mortal Realm, they are a place of religious reverence and worship. 

Tier 1 Pact(Shrine)
The first tier is reached once a shaman begins their pact with a Spirit and after they submit proof of their Spiritual interaction. A Spirit will then ask a shaman to carve out an area of influence. This area will serve as a worship site and place to conduct rituals to progress further tiers. At tier one, the area has little to no magical influence. It is here that those present within the small shrine area may hear the whispers of the Spirit in Old Blah. These whispers are the only effects a T1 Shrine, and have a range of #q (8 blocks).

To reach the next tier, a shaman must crown two spirit champions, adherents to a chosen spirit who are willing to accept tasks from the spirit in question. These champions are also documented, and their tasks recorded. Once these tasks are completed, and the champions maintain loyalty to the spirit for at least 2 IRL weeks, the shrine’s effects are bolstered and it progresses to the next tier. A champion is any player willing to worship the aforementioned Spirit, and has not slighted them (i.e practice incompatible magics or religions). This worship and refusal to practice the dark arts and other faiths is required to maintain loyalty to the Spirits and upgrade the Shrine.

A Player may only be a Spirit Champion for 3 Spirits at one time, but may abandon the Spirits by documenting their rejection on the forums where the intial shrine was made.

These shrines are still mundane, and require only a Player Sign indicating their purpose.

Tier 2 Pact(Large Shrines)
Larger shrines grant an area of influence(25x25) as well as the ability to bestow mundane blessings. These mundane blessings are purely aesthetic(noncombative), granting minor visual alterations(flaming hair, wooden skin, smoky breath). These blessings are not permanent, and must be recharged once IRL week at the large shrine. Mundane blessings are bestowed by a shaman pacted with the Spirit over 6 emotes, any sort of adoration, chanting, or sacrifice sufficient in awarding the Spirit’s favor upon a single target.

An individual large shrine may bestow blessings up to 5 different targets. It is at Tier 2 that these areas are ST signed, the shaman(s) required to post proof of their progress. If a Tier 2 Pacted Shrine is placed on land with shamanic influence (i.e a flora/fauna spell from a Witchdoctor or Farseer, A shamanic MArt like Gate of Dom), the Shrine must be destroyed before the influence is removed completely. 

A group of shamans (3) with consent may cleanse voidal taint, soul corruptions and similar ailments curable through shamanism at a Tier 2 shrine. This cleansing requires consent of the afflicted party, the darkspawn or soul-diseased person will experience great fear of the spirits for 3 OOC days.

To reach the next tier, a shaman must achieve at least one of these goals:
- Establish a group of spirit champions(5)
- Hold 5 Festivals or Religious Events
- Create two great artifacts or items imbued by the pacted spirit

- A great item is something that possesses shamanic power by a T4 shaman or Greater. This could also be an item given through events, so long as it has history with the Spirit, or shamanic power.

Tier 3 Pact(MArt Totem)
This is the final tier for a pact, and where the MArt Totem returns. The effects of the Totem may extend to the building/temple/ritual area, or the entire area may be the totem itself depending on its construction. It retains all the same abilities as described within the shamanic totems submission. Extending the influence beyond the normal totem range may be done so with ST oversight, but generally extra abilities, features, and quirks of a MArt Totem and its surrounding areas are done so in the initial MArt application.

Destruction

If a T1, T2, or T3, shrine is destroyed, it must be done so totally to void the effects. Shamans may rebuild an area to restore its effects, but if the damage is irreversible(a sacred forest burned), shamans must start from scratch. They may not reuse old items, but can reuse former champions to strengthen the spirit once more.

Redlines:
Pact roleplay, Spirit champions, and Tier progression must be posted on the forums to document progress.

Each Spirit Pact will cost 1 Spell Slot.

Witchdoctor and Farseer are mutually exclusive to use in game, but may be taught should a user have both TAs.

Great Items are made by T4+ Shamans or through events(player run and ST).

The Pacted Shrine must be destroyed before shamanic influence can be removed over an area.

No Tiers or MARts are lost with the new pacting system.

A Player may only champion 3 spirits at one time.

Current Shaman MArts may be upgraded to Tier 3 Totems should they meet the requirements (ST Signature and goals).
Breaking Spiritual tenants would undo the tiers of a shrine and reduce it to its inert state.
The whispers of a Tier 1 totem may only extend to #q and must be in Old Blah. 
Minor effects of a Tier 2 totem are non-combative and purely aesthetic. They may only grant mild surface level changes. They grant no benefits whatsoever.
Tier 2 Pact Locations/Shrines must be ST signed.
Tier 3 Pacts and their areas hold the same Redlines as Totem Lore, as they are functionally the same. 

Tier 2 Shrines may only purge and remove effects upon the soul or other magics described within shamanic lore.

If the person is brought to the shrine and does not consent to having their soul purged, the fear and intense disturbance brought on by the Spirits is an intense mental effect and at the discretion of the afflicted.

Tier 2 mundane blessings serve no combative purpose.

if panashea shaman lore has million number of fans i am one of them. if panashea shaman lore has ten fans i am one of them. if panashea shaman lore has no fans. that means i am no more on the earth. if world against panashea shaman lore, i am against the world. i love panashea shaman lore till my last breath... die hard fan of panashea shaman lore. Hit like if u think panashea shaman lore best & smart in the world

+1

I think this would benefit Shaman rp a lot, giving it a nice breath of fresh air. Pact rp currently has no substance to it and this would not only fix that but also add to spiritualist rp outside of shamanism, which in fairness needs the boost. Spirit champions sound like a rather good type of roleplay.

Keep killin’ it! 

On 8/31/2022 at 10:11 AM, Nug said:

if panashea shaman lore has million number of fans i am one of them. if panashea shaman lore has ten fans i am one of them. if panashea shaman lore has no fans. that means i am no more on the earth. if world against panashea shaman lore, i am against the world. i love panashea shaman lore till my last breath... die hard fan of panashea shaman lore. Hit like if u think panashea shaman lore best & smart in the world

So true bestie

Changelog 11/14

-clarified spirit champion, loyalty, and how things are documented (pacting subforum to log everything)
-clarified how pacting worked(each pact is a spell slot)
-gave area of affect and clarified signing process for T1 shrines

-explained Great item
-removed Boon of Courage
-expanded to 25x25

-reusable champions but not reusable items? Also clarified items in general.
-added a clause for Shamans when they make building marts/hex/bless land so that someone cant just permanently destroy everything in a single instance
-added some examples
-clarified my intent with the rewrite and the purpose of Spirit pacting
-added that current MAs,TAs, aren't touched but WD and Farseer are mutually exclusive practices in game to prep for the rewrite
-allowed current shaman Marts to be upgraded to Tier 3 Totems so long as they follow the process

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.