><x>< Foul Rumors ><x><

AlaricGrimgold

[!A handful of missives upon black parchment sat around the Dwarven nation, their writing penned in golden runes.]

CawwCawwCrow_blonde_Viking_dwarf_woman_in_black_and_gold_clothe_529dfaf2-120e-4dd6-81c1-9125ecd0b38c.png

[Alaric Grimgold's return to Tal'Tagar Tazarak]

Foul Rumors

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Friends, Dwarves, Countrymen,

A perfidious rumor has spread about the land now that I wish to dispel. Reports of my death are exaggerated claims put out by the clergy to wipe their hands of any blame they hold upon their ambush of me. I bear no memory of the assault, none more than what I have been told by those who have found me. Yet it seems they have sought to condemn me to death for the heresy of others, the heresy of those I have strongly opposed. Those who know me know these to be false accusations, that though I have sinned, my life has been dedicated to the repentance of my actions through service. Those who know me know this attack was little more than the extension of the lasting feud between Norli and myself.

I ask my friends and family not to resort to his blood for blood. I have read his words, the crimes he has accused me of, what actions he made me commit against my own clanson. Despite all this, we cannot abandon the path of Yemekar, we cannot resort to taking the life of another Dwarf. The blood of Craegorn and the blood he wished to claim from me stains his hands, but we shall not stain ours. Dungrimm alone shall judge him for this lapse of faith. I ask instead that my followers keep the peace and to pledge their support to the true authority of the Grand Kingdom. We must stand behind our Grand King, for only through a rightful and just reign may the Grand Kingdom flourish.

Narvok oz Brathmordakin

Narvok oz Bakthrummaz Bakir Kravamoruk

Narvok oz Urguan

AlaricSignature.png

Garedyn The Green would sigh in relief at the letter. "Thank teh Brath fer sparing ye"

Glod froze as he saw this missive... As rage burned away... Alaric was back. *Alaric. Was. Back.* Hope filled the hole left by anger, which eventually turned into joy.

The former High Preceptor Baldin Forstbeard shakes his head as he hears the news "A dwed tha sees heretics in all his kindred...shameful, we are the tools ef Yemekar, how can one look down upon so many of our pious brothers and sisters and see followers of Khorvad?"

Relyk Grimgold blinks slowly as he awakens in a filthy corner of Kal'Daraakan. He stands, dragging his feet through the Grand Kingdom before his dull and grimy mask faces towards the missive. He picks it up, reading from the paper shaking violently from tremors that subside as he sips from a well worn flask. Once finished he would stumble slowly through the dwarven halls and down the railways before collapsing at his home in Tagar Tazarak, passing out in a stupor once more amongst the now dead and desolate potato fields.

ᚢᛚᚱᛟ-ᚡᛖᛚᛖᚱᚨᚴ-ᛖᚱᛟᚾ-ᛞᚨ-ᚱᚺᚨᛞᚨᚡ’ᚴᚨᚱᚨᚨᛞ

ᚾᚨᚱᚡᚨᚴ-ᛟᛉ-ᛞᚨ-ᚴᛁᚱᚴᛃᚨ-ᛞᚡᛖᚱᚷᚨ

You dare speak of our feud, but there is none; only the mad ravings of a petty dwarf who thinks himself lord. In our many years of knowing each other, I have done nothing but serve you graciously despite your insults. 

When you first came to Kal’Evraal, I gave you my home. I instructed you in the matters of the gods. When you committed that grave atrocity against the gods and your progeny, through me the Gods offered you a mercy to reject the elf as your wife and carry on fathering your children, and to do penance before the gods through craftsmanship. Such penance I was prepared to offer you again, had you not been so obstinate. 

I was the first to say that you should be Grand Marshal, and when you failed the kingdom and were to be removed, you attempted to blackmail and threaten myself and Kazrin, claiming to withhold support needed to slay the Inferi legions. The only reason you were not executed at that moment was pity, for what ignorance must strike a dwarf to think himself greater than the force of united descendents against evil. 

In Almaris we negotiated during the election, I told you my plans and how you would prosper in them only for you to thereafter claim I had promised you lordship which I explicitly said I couldn’t do out of integrity. You were a thorn in my side throughout my reign, but I never held that against you. Upon my return to the realm during Levian’s reign, despite all of this I was willing to teach you golemancy and Rhuncraft. My kinsmen despised my choice, and demanded that I didn’t but I tried nonetheless out of hope for the youth. How foolish I was, for it was only a matter of time before behind my back you slandered my name, claiming I blackmailed you for alchemical knowledge. 

If I were a man who governed by feuds, this would be by far the end of the story. But upon your request into the ranks of the clergy and to lead other dwarves, I offered you again a chance, again against the direct warnings of my peers. That as well was squandered, and you didn’t do a single damned thing throughout your tenure before I was forced to remove you, alongside returning rumors of your proclaimed elven wife.

There is no feud, only the continued disappointment of a teacher who madly hopes that a student may turn towards the right path.

One cannot accept the authority of the temple and the Gods but deny its judgment. Alaric Grimgold, there is written evidence of your own assent and oath to respect the temple’s jurisdiction, and again testimony that you accepted it at the trial's onset. Despite this upon attending you denied the terms of redemption offered to you; breaking further oath to the Gods and disrespecting them with your selfishness. I will remind you what these terms were; simply make oath to the Rhun and Brathmordakin to not abide atrocities before the Gods, and relinquish your power so that one can lead your clan better than you.

The reasoning for this judgment is self-evident; your clan has been governed by greed and madness. From your folk more heretics have stumbled from the woodwork than other clans combined. I wish to see the good Grimgolds prosper, and truly Alaric you among their rank- but that cannot happen under a jaded veteran who openly campaigns distrust against the gods. You speak that you wanted Craegorn dead, but he was well and alive for many years before our trial, and you wept upon being offered the chance to execute him as you allegedly desired. Even now, you claim that his blood stains my hands, but I place that fault squarely on the Clan Father who failed him. In only that short time, Glod spoke the grave heresy that even if Yemekar himself told him you were guilty he would deny it. 

You are the first and foremost example of Khorvad’s tagum, for your actions have led to not one dwarf’s destruction but several, leading your clan to destruction but too ambitious to know it.

You are condemned to Vuur’Dor for denying the Gods’ final chance of mercy, and your soul shall haunt alongside Velkan’s kin.

Any dwarf who can read these words and still consider Alaric honorable is likewise blinded by madness, and is commanded to seek the counsel of the Rhun Prophet if they want clarity and healing. No death shall fall upon those who accept the mercy of the Gods, only those stark mad to deny it.

NARVAK OZ BRATHMORDAKIN

24 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

You dare speak of our feud, but there is none; only the mad ravings of a petty dwarf who thinks himself lord. In our many years of knowing each other, I have done nothing but serve you graciously despite your insults. 

When you first came to Kal’Evraal, I gave you my home. I instructed you in the matters of the gods. When you committed that grave atrocity against the gods and your progeny, through me the Gods offered you a mercy to reject the elf as your wife and carry on fathering your children, and to do penance before the gods through craftsmanship. Such penance I was prepared to offer you again, had you not been so obstinate. 

I was the first to say that you should be Grand Marshal, and when you failed the kingdom and were to be removed, you attempted to blackmail and threaten myself and Kazrin, claiming to withhold support needed to slay the Inferi legions. The only reason you were not executed at that moment was pity, for what ignorance must strike a dwarf to think himself greater than the force of united descendents against evil. 

In Almaris we negotiated during the election, I told you my plans and how you would prosper in them only for you to thereafter claim I had promised you lordship which I explicitly said I couldn’t do out of integrity. You were a thorn in my side throughout my reign, but I never held that against you. Upon my return to the realm during Levian’s reign, despite all of this I was willing to teach you golemancy and Rhuncraft. My kinsmen despised my choice, and demanded that I didn’t but I tried nonetheless out of hope for the youth. How foolish I was, for it was only a matter of time before behind my back you slandered my name, claiming I blackmailed you for alchemical knowledge. 

If I were a man who governed by feuds, this would be by far the end of the story. But upon your request into the ranks of the clergy and to lead other dwarves, I offered you again a chance, again against the direct warnings of my peers. That as well was squandered, and you didn’t do a single damned thing throughout your tenure before I was forced to remove you, alongside returning rumors of your proclaimed elven wife.

There is no feud, only the continued disappointment of a teacher who madly hopes that a student may turn towards the right path.

One cannot accept the authority of the temple and the Gods but deny its judgment. Alaric Grimgold, there is written evidence of your own assent and oath to respect the temple’s jurisdiction, and again testimony that you accepted it at the trial's onset. Despite this upon attending you denied the terms of redemption offered to you; breaking further oath to the Gods and disrespecting them with your selfishness. I will remind you what these terms were; simply make oath to the Rhun and Brathmordakin to not abide atrocities before the Gods, and relinquish your power so that one can lead your clan better than you.

The reasoning for this judgment is self-evident; your clan has been governed by greed and madness. From your folk more heretics have stumbled from the woodwork than other clans combined. I wish to see the good Grimgolds prosper, and truly Alaric you among their rank- but that cannot happen under a jaded veteran who openly campaigns distrust against the gods. You speak that you wanted Craegorn dead, but he was well and alive for many years before our trial, and you wept upon being offered the chance to execute him as you allegedly desired. Even now, you claim that his blood stains my hands, but I place that fault squarely on the Clan Father who failed him. In only that short time, Glod spoke the grave heresy that even if Yemekar himself told him you were guilty he would deny it. 

You are the first and foremost example of Khorvad’s tagum, for your actions have led to not one dwarf’s destruction but several, leading your clan to destruction but too ambitious to know it.

You are condemned to Vuur’Dor for denying the Gods’ final chance of mercy, and your soul shall haunt alongside Velkan’s kin.

Any dwarf who can read these words and still consider Alaric honorable is likewise blinded by madness, and is commanded to seek the counsel of the Rhun Prophet if they want clarity and healing. No death shall fall upon those who accept the mercy of the Gods, only those stark mad to deny it.

NARVAK OZ BRATHMORDAKIN

"Alaric is a petty, deluded and ambitious dwarf. Whom thrice has schemed and aspired Kingship; only to be denied each time by the honourable Dwedmar." Thalgrim commented, nodding in agreement at the High Prophet words. 

6 hours ago, Nooblius said:

You dare speak of our feud, but there is none; only the mad ravings of a petty dwarf who thinks himself lord. In our many years of knowing each other, I have done nothing but serve you graciously despite your insults...

[!A missive has been pinned neatly beneath the Prophet's.]

Lord Prophet,

We are both aware your accusations rest on half truth, that are far less damning in the full light, and yet you only see fit to judge me by these falsehoods. If you wish to itemize the past century of disputes, then I shall respond to your claims with the full story on the matter.

Your claim on lending to me your house on my first arrival in town has never been disputed, yet the countless times I have thanked you for such is oft ignored. So, too, has my claim that you were my first friend in the Grand Kingdom. I utterly deny the title of marriage between myself and Valyndris, as I hold true to the belief that marriage is between two Dwarves. I completed my crafting penance unto you and have fully accepted the action as sin requiring repentance. And yet, it is raised as though I am counter to all these beliefs.

You may call my Grand Marshalship a failure, despite personally leading three raids into Orenian territory to three victories, but in truth politics is what doomed it and I accepted such from Kazrin graciously. I did not threaten to withhold support from the Inferi conflict out of respect to my Legion campaign, but had warned that our lives had been threatened by other clans in the Kingdom and we had to seek refuge in the wilds, where we could not guarantee our support. In truth, I personally was present at the most sorties into occupied Korvassa of any Clan Lord, and was the one who personally found the skull of Metztli. Why is my record written as though I tried to escape such disaster in your eyes?

We did negotiate for your election in Almaris, this is true, which required me breaking from a long alliance and support towards the Ireheart clan. You had promised me many things, and we asked for one simple one in return, the land on which Tal’Tagar Tazarak resides so our people may have a place to live in peace from those who would do us harm. You granted this request, yes, but the paperwork was delayed through your entire Kingship, which is where my frustration lied. Grand King Levian’tol approved the plans and had it constructed within a stone week of his coronation. I too never held it against you, and continued to work beside you after.

I admit my petulance in the case of golemancy, as too I did back then. When you met with me, before my brother at the Goldhand clan hall to tell me of your denial of my apprenticeship, I expressed understanding and told you to keep the bust I had carved and adorned with starsteel as a symbol of my apology for my treatment of you.

Your claim that I hosted nothing during my tenure in the clergy too is false, as I hosted two sermons of dedication towards Dungrimm, aided Gildroc with a festival of Armakak in which I delivered a sermon to the Sun God, and trained a handful of Dwed in the religious ways in my short time in the Temple. It was made very clear that my expulsion from the Clergy was due to my relationship with Valyndris, a relationship which I have long since made penance for about an elf who has been on religious pilgrimage for nearly a century, likely never to return.

You claim there is no feud, and for us, that is the truth. Our last interaction before your summoning of me to give testimony for Craegorn was me presenting you with multiple chunks of Thanhium crystals before your father, and issuing to you a direct apology for my actions and nothing more. You still expressed your distrust of me, but I expressed only my desire to be left alone in peace. I meant my words, as much then as I still mean them now.

A Dwarfess has my heart, a Dwarfess you saw fit to frighten with your assault of me at the Temple, after summoning those who had relation into attendance. Of course I accepted your request, Craegorn has committed a slight before the face of the gods and it needed to be answered for. Yet it was made evidence that I was called not by the gods, but to answer for false pretenses for a judgment against myself on the actions of others.

Claims that my clan has produced more heretics than all others combined is a ridiculous sentiment-- of the two we have, Throrduil and Craegorn, one is from two hundred years ago and the other was dealt with firmly now. The only other heretic you had brought forth claims of being related to our clan, was a Clan aspirant who we swiftly denied entry upon his first heretical deed. The Goldhands had the same number of members join the Inferi during the conflict, finding themselves even launched from cannons at our ship for such. Yet, you wish not to seek vengeance against the Lord of the Goldhands? Such would be a ridiculous idea!

If what you say Glod said is true, perhaps it is because he knows the truth. That never would I fall to such baseless heresy. Even now, you profess to do Dungrimm’s job for him, dooming others to Vuur’dor when you of all people should know full well that only the Lord of Death has that power.

You have let your hatred of me go to your head and painted us as enemies when we had never sought to be such.

AlaricSignature.png