The Wiki Team Roadmap

SaviourMeme

No one goes to the Wiki for lore and you'd be pretty dumb to, because the forums serve you it in a way that you know will be up-to-date since that's where the ST actually handle it. The nature of subforums lends itself to better organisation than the Wiki could do it too.

Would be an absolutely gigantic waste of time and energy tbh. Lorewise the Wiki should just have basic information needed to apply for the server + historical stuff IMO. Keeping up-to-date with all the magic and CA stuff would be shovelling snow in a blizzard for little reward.

1 hour ago, argonian said:

No one goes to the Wiki for lore and you'd be pretty dumb to, because the forums serve you it in a way that you know will be up-to-date since that's where the ST actually handle it. The nature of subforums lends itself to better organisation than the Wiki could do it too.

Would be an absolutely gigantic waste of time and energy tbh. Lorewise the Wiki should just have basic information needed to apply for the server + historical stuff IMO. Keeping up-to-date with all the magic and CA stuff would be shovelling snow in a blizzard for little reward.

honestly my number 1 critique of the forums these days are that people don't put enough poetry and less important information on it.

I can find poetry from vailor and athera and anthos and asulon and yadda yadda on the wiki but I honestly don't know if anyone's put any new poetry on the wiki at all.

or like, things that aren't wars, battles, noble bloodlines, or character/settlement related aren't put on the wiki much anymore.

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Vimmark-Sola_duel

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Goblin_Unification_Act

stuff like this is cool I want more of this stuff on the wiki

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Literature

we haven't had anything added to here since like 2017, only been edited to remove some random mori'quessir book or whatever.

I want to find fun stuff on the wiki sometimes not just boring old nobility and warfare crud that I either already know about or don't care about. (maybe LOTC just doesn't have those weird kooky sort of less important events anymore and I'm just behind the times who knows. Do people still write poetry on LOTC outside of like that one person in Haense?)

I do hope you get around to recording the history of the Adunian people throughout Asulon and Anthos, including their glorious warfront against the Harbingers. You can always ask @The Hedge Knightfor the actual details of what went down back then and how. He's the only person I know of that was actually there and is still alive in the community (I think).

15 hours ago, Gungan Sith Lord said:
  Hide contents

If the wiki included a separate section for regular insignificant characters, that'd be a good alternative to google doc character pages. 

edit:

Unless this is already a thing?

"Any and all characters known in the world might be found here."

It does look like its open to any kind of character.

it is i think

like who cares if you make a page? no one will see it unless other pages reference it, and if other pages reference your character, it means they were significant to at least some extent

On 9/3/2022 at 12:08 PM, yandeer said:

i've heard some of my friends complain about edits made to wiki pages by community team members that they felt were unfairly biased, innacurate, or unnecessary, especially on character pages and on historical events. for clarity's sake, how does the CT wiki team decide what pages need to be updated, and following this, how does the team remain objective when editing pages that other people have made? 

i'm asking this not to attack the team, but because i genuinely believe that the wiki can be one of our best sources not for lore but for characters' individual histories apart from PK posts, and i have some concern about wiki team members who could potentially have biases or little to no knowledge editing things that are more personal such as character pages.

yep. i hear a lot about this

but sometimes its expected. being staff generally doesnt make you immune to being toxic ie. crevel
glad they are fiddling about with the wiki, just hope they try to check with all sides involved before changing things, instead of just like.. changing things

Me when wiki team doesn't accept educated serbs into team. 🥱