I am stuck inside and bored. Ask me anything

Keefy

*Repeats title here* I've been disabled for about a year and a half now and finally making progress to getting some help for many of the issues. I am also, very bored. Shoot me some questions to entertain your resident druid dude.

What’s your favorite folklore/fairytale and can you retell it as if you were a rabbit that is late late late? (Bonus points for getting the reference)

what's your most favorite lotc memory you've had on the server with one of your characters? what's one of them within the general community outside of rping your chracter?

do u like cheese

What was your favourite book growing up? Any influential ones that made you like writing?

8 minutes ago, Rayalia said:

What’s your favorite folklore/fairytale and can you retell it as if you were a rabbit that is late late late? (Bonus points for getting the reference)

The Gifts of the Magician. I had a picture book of it when I was very small, and I wish I still had it. I probably couldnt retell it like that though lol. It's a strange one.

5 minutes ago, Fireheart said:

what's your most favorite lotc memory you've had on the server with one of your characters? what's one of them within the general community outside of rping your chracter?

That's hard to say, cause I mostly just play Hareven, and as you know I tend to play him fast and loose, so alot of nice memories come as a result. Most of the best ones are whenever its chilled out tavern or family rp.

But outside of characters, anytime people walk away from an event I DM satisfied. I do my best to not railroad, to let the players build and experience the story as they go on through the event, and I just tryy and bind it all nice and neat so it feels cohesive, like they're making changes in the world. Knowing I did the job well just feels good.

7 minutes ago, JJosey said:

do u like cheese

Yes but my body might be turning lactose intolerant lately which if so, I will cry.

6 minutes ago, Wolfey34 said:

What was your favourite book growing up? Any influential ones that made you like writing?

I read a lot so this is hard but I remember when the Graveyard Book came out I outright tried getting my highschool to sell me the copy they got cause I adored it so much. And as for ones that made me want to right, I cannot remember the author but he wrote a couple of books, all standalones, and each one took pov's of just people in their lives living them, some of them a little weirder than others, but you can kinda see the influence whenever I make a rp forum post. I enjoy feeling like I am in the story, I enjoy the ones that make me forget everything but it for a little while. But its been so long I'd have to dig to remember that author. 

That said as far as recent influences, The Inheritance Trilogy is a solid read (not the Eragon books, these are waaaaay different).

how about grapes

Just now, JJosey said:

how about grapes

Me and my daughter will **** up some grapes

Just now, FloralHedgehog said:

Favorite item/object you got in your home?

I bet 90% of people assume I'd say like, my computer or something, but nah. The first Fathers Day card I got from Emma after me and Syb got together, on my fridge. I cried when she came home with it and gave it to me.

I'd like to create RP through CA's,  just having a hard time starting? (if that's the right way to say it) I've been thinking about doing some paranormal stuff. 

Now the question! From an experienced event person to a new guy trying to provide some fun rp for my group, what are some tips/things to be aware of when it comes to player enjoyment? 

3 minutes ago, PXY said:

thoughts on me ?

Only slightly brain damaged

2 minutes ago, Petsch2k said:

I'd like to create RP through CA's,  just having a hard time starting? (if that's the right way to say it) I've been thinking about doing some paranormal stuff. 

Now the question! From an experienced event person to a new guy trying to provide some fun rp for my group, what are some tips/things to be aware of when it comes to player enjoyment? 

Know the players you are providing for. And if you don't, get to know them. 

I am a long time druid player, as a result some of my best events are druid events because I know the whole of that community intimately. So when I have to do events for people I don't know, I try to get to know them. Learn them. Different groups and different people find different interactions fun. I'm not saying be friends with everyone, I'm a anxiety ridden mess, but if you know your audience, the quality you can provide becomes exponentially better!

29 minutes ago, Keefy said:

I bet 90% of people assume I'd say like, my computer or something, but nah. The first Fathers Day card I got from Emma after me and Syb got together, on my fridge. I cried when she came home with it and gave it to me.

Genuinely makes me feel happy for you, love you Keef