THE WESTERN DECEIVERS

Booyah

THE WESTERN DECEIVERS

j_t1TXrooMmDvmjCEGAZV5SQmdhXaq1qLlwNzMDEnA-t4KXIWNDrcWFyH6sPCivxOBKJaplgYn9sX2Ox7MU1f6-tKCspnATUrJirC9sZKh_6GiwCtYacjkvtfFeNWrwM1hEsZbJNPuYY4Na9CUFMItzr-1LTRs2OTiRbCN0Y_hPX-r6izEwjKoiSTw

“Dealing with backstabbers, there’s one thing I’ve learned, they are only powerful when your back is turned.”

They were journeying to the home of the Rex from Norland, a long, treacherous ride on horseback. Pyabri pulled the reins of his horse to a halt with his brother Iolas on the rear as they faced the outside gate. He rapped his fist against the gate, announcing their arrival to all who heard.

A few scowls were thrown in their direction, an air of distrust falling over the environment. A shiver slipped down the ‘Ker’s spine as he’s led through the gates by the Rex, a mutual nod between the two, a silent exchange of glances but neither shared the expression of friendship.

The Rex motioned over to a table in the far, dark corner of the square, “Zit down.” He booms, his tone authoritative and demanding. The ‘Kers sat swiftly, a gulp sounded audibly from Pyabri’s person as he focused his gaze on the Rex. 

“You know why we are here.” Pyabri announced boldly, slamming his clenched fist down onto the polished, dark oak table in the Rex’s vicinity “I killed the man and searched the contents of the blood-covered carcass; I found the note you sent, traitor!” Pyabri adds with sudden aggression, grabbing the attention of nearby citizens as they begin to shuffle closer.

The Rex chuckled before exhaling a slight sigh, as he pats both the ‘Kers’ shoulders. “Perhapz we zhould go elzewhere.” Pyabri shoots his figure up followed by his brother, he lets out a smirk to those surrounding, relief appearing upon both ‘Kers’ faces, “After you.” he gestures to the Rex to take the lead.

Off they went the Rex, both Kers and another, unfamiliar individual. The look of disgust on citizens who abruptly interrupted the ‘private’ discussion is evident in their glares. The Rex leads the group to a more secluded room just beside the gates.

Pyabri feared for both him and his brother as the unfamiliar man stroked his axe, basically a silent threat, something was clearly wrong with him he was definitely not sane. The brothers' eyes meet, a scared look on both, a look of wanting reassurance of their safety once more.

The Rex places his hands on the table, twiddling his odd looking thumbs as he gazes from each ‘ker to the other. A slight smirk foreshadowed over his face as he made a plan “Latz nub ztupid.” He murmurs, letting out a long breath. Pyabri leans back in his chair, a wrinkle forming on the bridge of his nose.

“How about zhis…Mi can give latz land and shamanism.” That made Pyabri lean forward, a brow raising as he shot a look towards his brother. Was this a mere trick in the deceivers’ books to buy Jindle’s silence or was it an honourable offer? Pyabri couldn’t tell the difference as he inhales through his nostrils before his brother sits up “I wouldn’t mind being a shaman.” He comments which makes Pyabri clucked his tongue, annoyance lining his features.

The orc rises to his feet, beckoning the pair to join him before he rides them to the land they were offered, allowing them to take a look around for themselves. The uncomfortable feeling of a hand attempting to wrap around his mouth, trying its hardest to silence him as it’s covered with jewels was starting to haunt Pyabri but he masked it with a cocky smile.

Still, he wasn’t able to push back that uneasy feeling no matter how hard he tried. There were only two things on Pyabri's mind; Do they take the land and greed for shamanism or does he tell Norland about his suspicions of the Rex’s deceiving ways?

Spoiler

This is a continuation from the last forum post but on the RP in Krugmar. Once again, if you weren’t there don’t metagame these events.

Credits: @Rattussmackus

Edited by Booyah

Endyn Jindle briefly considers this option presented by Pyabri. Are these Orcs to be trusted? Will they honor the centuries-long alliance between our people? Endyn sits within his small, peasant home, pondering to himself this question.

Sigurd Ingolf would finish his cursing of the land around his new shrine to Enrohk. Thinking back to the meeting he speaks to himself "Mi nub tink dat dey will bi shomos" The definitely insane man would then go back to work

An Elfess thinks back to the time the ex-Rex asked her to betray Haelun'or by helping him steal their library of books.

"I wonder if he'd betray other peoples. . . I'm glad we got a new Rex.  I hope this valah is better.  Though I also hope someday he puts a shirt on."