THE FEVER WANES

indiana105

kyQtUCYDX5ZXjmY7HeFfIcrzQbjdmEQ9kQyfUNJeOdUSorFBofHaqWEfw_g8fEEB0rw1-Dwnwb5jn1VMPIdvZEdnA_tq7Zgai2ibYm2bb-8TnsqISG8bfXxbQVVvLkHTqnydg-2y_0ts8mbtvEWTMfC-IbB711eteYSxxZFtAE95lQZmoddkbNgD1Q

NOW TO MOURN THE FALLEN

vAImHGNRsJjltVTIZAIU7BQhaR0G4aa2iXkvmHDQDphQO9Ns94dMjhzd5NZX5-enIEoHMtyuB5g6pS9dG7kSOWHoGKvc1lCGZLk3Mq22LCFIv7nfMPzTHQrFHxLci4QIkrCaWHo81knTrnyWPngySBI2ULOJlxedsFAups2_kmyXMes3ZYX3KB2F3A

Issued by the

HOUSE OF RUTHERN

On the 12th day of Vyzmey ag Hyff of 442 E.S.

SANGKRUV I RUTHER,

The plague that lingered in the halls of Druzstra is no more. All those afflicted are now free of illness, be it in life or death. I thank GOD for my own survival, yet it brings me little joy. What this fever lacked in tenure it held in potency.

My House mourns. These are our fallen;

JOREN VAR RUTHERN (378 E.S. - 441 E.S.)

Son of Harren. Champion of the Feud. 

Joren was a wroth man and a fine swordsman. He was one of five, including myself, who took the field against the champions of House Barclay. For this I am forever grateful. The fever took him on Joma ag Umund. He leaves behind two legitimate sons and a bastard.

ZOYA VAS RUTHERN (401 E.S. - 442 E.S.)

Daughter of Boris. Grand Maer of Karosgrad, Kastellan of Stewardry, Palace Custodian.  

While Zoya and myself were not close, she was a great asset to her family and fine company by all accounts. Few in recent memory have served the kingdom so dutifully. The fever took her on Jula ag Piov. She leaves behind a husband and four young children.

RHYS VAR RUTHERN (381 E.S. - 442 E.S.)

Son of Ailred II. 7th Duke of Vidaus, Lord Speaker of Hanseti-Ruska, Champion of the Feud.

One needs only to read the Tome of Rutherns to see the dedication of my predecessor, my father, to our House. As he lay dying of plague, Rhys had a quill in hand. For his service as Lord Speaker to the Royal Duma, the Crown is indebted to him. For his lands, his titles, and his unwavering loyalty, so too am I. I pray he reaches mother in the Seven. The fever took him on Vyzmey ag Hyff. He leaves behind a great and mighty house. 

MILENA VAS RUTHERN (428 E.S. - 442 E.S.)

Daughter of Mikhail I. 

Milena was the fourth of my true born children, second of my daughters. A shy girl, though delicate and caring. I wish not to write of her further. The fever took her on Vyzmey ag Hyff.

I invite any who wish to pay their respects to Druzstra. I will not allow this sickness to spread once more. As pox still marks the corpses of the dead, I shall see them burned on a pyre. Those servants who catered the feast with House Ludovar are to be broken by hammer in the square of Branhavn following the funeral. 

An amendment is attached below for those stricken late by the fever;

BARBAS BARROW (431 E.S. - 442 E.S.)

Bastard Son of Dorothea.

Barbas was a sickly, frail boy. He seemed not long for this world when he arrived at the gates of Druzstra, though in these last years of his life he seemed to grow stronger, brighter. I suppose it was for naught. The fever took him on Tov ag Yermey.

Spoiler

Saturday the 10th, 5 PM EST at Branhavn/Vidaus.

DRUZ GJERNZ AG GRYVNZ, 

His Excellency, Mikhail var Ruthern, Grand Lord of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Lord of Druzstra and Protector of the South

Her Grace, Margrait Floireans Ruthern, Duchess of Vidaus, Countess of Metterden, Viscountess of Greyspine and Lady of Druzstra

R8y89ucm0JRu1FZ6mo80f8tG0bsFwlUbXAssl0ow2zIl7GGsVAaEUchhYOKN0DxeIrHlw2K_LZ-e-K3ERdV1LDxyq5CXJKntmQwPZNgyLfrOWU3uInYdsgUJInOhtPQS8huk7C13BcOAiLOpZ1Mnx4XzgDfbebO5ZE2I_iHJxVuEcyr2ecEP5kVzgA

Lady Marcella Ludovar signed over the Hussariyan cross at the news. It was only by circumstance, that had her late to the festivities, that she missed the feast itself. She'd arrive to the portion where those fought within the pit below, having sat beside her aunt and cousin. Fate had an odd way of things, and perhaps by the blessing of GOD, did she miss the feast that day, not having grown ill with the rest. She'd visit the basilica soon after, praying for those who'd passed and for those in recovery.

One loyal guardsman slowly read through the notice as ably as he could, paying special attention to the names of those taken. No names of those he knew directly or personally in his service, yet that did not bring relief. An awful way to be taken. His brow set in a grimace.

Latterly returned from taciturn travels for over half a decade, a certain wistful abundance of exhilliration pervaded Franziska vas Ruthern at the notion of being reunited with her Mamej - her beloved family - once more. Avidly did the juvenile of a mere fourteen walk with a jump in her step towards the direction of Zoya vas Ruthern’s bed chambers, only to be greeted with a wholly gruesome sight. Franziska’s deathly mother sprawled across the length of her bed, loving friends and family surrounding her in vigorous suspense.

“M-Mamej?” Uttered the Ruthern astoundingly, but to no avail. Zoya vas Ruthern had succumbed to the ghastly fever. @veganwalmart

Ser Reinhardt laments over the lose of his long time friend and colleague, the Duke of Vidaus, Rhys II

Edited by Capt_Chief26

Nastasiya, freshly recovered from the sickness that took so many of her kin, spent the consecutive days training-- striking dummies made of straw with her wooden sword. After each successful slash she would habitually glance to the side, seeking a certain raven-haired girl's exclamation of praise, the kind she used to receive from her best friend Milena... but the girl was no longer around. With the exception of the creaks of the old barn she trained in, and her heavy breathing, there was an unwelcome silence that resonated.

Her arms finally went limp, weak after what felt like days of relentless beating. She had spent so long trying to distract herself, only for it to ultimately fail.

The harsh reality had stricken her cruelly. . . Milena vas Ruthern was dead.

Edited by sondher

Kazimir var Ruthern continued to be horrifically ravaged by illness, bedbound in devastating fever.