The Wishes of the Alchemical

exanimated

Jax_Alchemist_working_in_an_underground_lab_e6875cd0-49ed-4f1f-825f-a2c2a5912f32.png

For many a century I have been one who has hoarded alchemical knowledge and the esoteric understandings of the world that have been passed to me by my masters and those before them. An oath taken to those now long dead to not show such teachings into the light of day for the common layman to understand. Yet now the basic knowledge of alchemy has been spread to the wide reaches, many have unfinished and unnurtured knowledge that has been left to rot.

Many simply see alchemy as a small tool for creating potions of convenience or pseudo enchantments without the use of magic through herbs. This is not the essence of the art that reaches into the depths of the earth, into the coldest seas and highest mountains. I search for those interested in the true art- the two paths I offer unto you who seek the knowledge of the world are Human and machine. The power to create life in two very different ways- I seek two students for either study.

If you believe this to be you then attach your letters to this missive with a way to contact you and I shall see to it that some are chosen. Though I ask for one simple question to be answered. Why do you wish for such knowledge? There is no right or wrong, simply my curiosity. I sincerely hope that some will heed my call- but if by chance none do, than I shall not simply choose from the dregs. Even if you are the only one to seek this knowledge, does not mean you shall acquire it.

A pleasure to all,

Cain Thelin

As a common 'man' comes across the missive, he thinks for a moment. Alchemical knowledge would be good, but he had no need for any kind of knowledge on the body. Thinking for a moment, they smiled and ran off to find letter paper and a charcoal pencil. Once done, they would send a letter. 

Hello, Cain Thelin. I am a man interested in this alchemy you wish to teach. I'd be glad to become a student of yours, be it partially or every year or so for a lesson. Such is at your disgression, but I do ask this. I have not the need to know about the body, but I wish to learn the way of the machine. Long such have flesh and bone bored me, but the machine? Such is almost eternal is it not? The dwarves peach such and speak about it as if the machine is a god in it's own right. So if you could, teach me such ways.

From a stranger
Sigmar. 

Edited by VoidandNull

Upon reading the letter a elf with firery red hair would loft a brow at the contents. He would swiftly pluck parchment and quill together, writing upon the parchment. Grabbing roughly at a messenger bird the man slapped the letter into its beak before sending it off the the author of the missive:

"Dear Cain Thelin, or at least whom I most certainly hope is the one reading this, otherwise this would be a most unfortunate timing of a letter. I am a humble learner who was most enthralled by your missive with the topic of alchemy. I once was but a foolish man wishing to look for arts of alchemy and magic due to simple fascination. But now I am sending you with letter as a scholar, I have witness many events in my lifetime that has left me baffled, but I seek to uncover truths, gain answers to what is the possibility of reality. So I am most interested in the alchemical art of the human. For if there is anything baffling to many it is the functionality at least to the unlearned, but learning such arts with flesh and alchemy would be the greatest achievement to understand. That is if I would allowed to be given such knowledge at your digression." The letter would be signed with the name Lucis Avila.

The Vilac takes the missive in his ashen armored hands and smiles as he looks it over, mulling over the thoughts that dwell in his head before writing a response.

"Hello, Mr. Thelin. I am a knowledge seeker and already a student of the basics of the Alchemical arts, but I would like to speak with you and further my knowledge of the usefulness of the material alphabet. If you would have me, I would like to maybe discuss with you the possibility whether in person or by notes. There is much that I know is tied to the alchemical, but I do not know of them. If I am selected, you may always return my bird to the Aviary in Celia'nor. I remain there for the moment." 

From a Fellow Hoarder,

Marius Vilac

[!] A crow would make its way over to Cain, the writer of the grand letter. It held a letter within it's talons that it then placed next to the man. Afterwards, the crow offered one sole 'caw' before it become enveloped by a pure white aura that caused it to fade back to the void. The letter had been written in rather neat handwriting, not a smudge upon the paper, making it look rather clean and pristine. It read:

"Dear Cain,

I scribe to you as I heard of the prospect of being able to learn something new, something grand. Never before have I given up the choice to pursue knowledge that could be useful or quite fun to behold. Simply, my reason for learning is my reason for learning all together, knowledge makes the world run. With the lengthened lifespan that all elves hold, my time in this world would be wasted if I did not spend that time learning and doing all that I could. The one thing that has escaped me has been the knowledge of alchemy and what it has been able to do, what one is able to accomplish with such brilliance. Thus, to expand what I already hold and to create more throughout this usually boring life, I seek to learn and grow along with the path of Man and Machine. Already I know the creation of faux life, but machines are something new, something interesting. Humbly, I ask that you consider taking me on as a student.

From,

The Void-Walker, Sulieronn Ashwood-Uialben"

[!] Every word upon the page had been written with the utmost care, each letter having been written with significant detail, making sure that it looked almost printed. In fact, quite little flaws were seen within the actual writing process of the letter.

wmfGyg4hkTMErHD74mdeHHMG4GTH3UOyI7_m8-4NVmcavKRxru3NmDtU-3kpHi8z3hLJ4zCU1fEAMCYblqUrsVVmLUpKegk3NL5BvyzJqWKPKlgOEWrEJ100BqtUdI6_iR_Kz8lCFGMWiPYUcUxVyg1wXGtZbRTxPA0etInCZYaFzJSVFWPX9Iqc

𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅗𝅥𝅘𝅥𝅯𝅘𝅥𝅮

A puffin, one of many from the crags of the Vistulian Isles and the Crannogtown, endeavors to deliver the following letter to the nearest suitable location possessing a well-cared-for aviary or like amenity.

"Slanu, Karin'ayla, Hail to you Cain Thelin,

I happened upon your letter after a recent travel to the mainland continent and found your name vaguely familiar to me by way of a tale told by my late father Gaisorix hal'Cingedoz. He used to regale his war stories having fought in the Great War when there once was a fair town called Ebonwood. He spoke of an incomplete intention of his to meet you in peacetime in the hopes of learning from you after a peaceful separation between the two of you during one of his nighttime raids on the roads leading to Ebonwood.

I would be honored if you might take me under your tutelage, both to learn such an art that you possess as well as resolving a hope that my late father once had. As for the why, the following would answer for the why: The Cingedoz tribe has a myth of the Brigbonon or 'Foddergiant' which used to protect our quaint settlements in the times of yore - of Asulon - and I believe alchemy may have played a hand in producing such a construct. We Cingedoz are implored to discover or recover great boons that would be of benefit to the whole. It is my hope that I may follow a strong lead and rediscover the manufacturing of these great ents of timber, twine, and vine.

You may find me in the Crannogtown outside the Vistulian Isles in the South or I may venture to you. If you take me on as your student, it is more fitting that I follow your instruction on where we would meet."

[!] At the bottom of the missive outside the woods of Celia'nor, one would find a torn piece of dirty cloth tied around the paper. Written on it, with what would appear to be the blood of some poor creature, would be the following message, scrawled in uneven, large, almost unintelligible script: 

"The prophet is lost, but his path is true. The prophet is lost, but his path is true. The prophet's path must be followed. The Prophet is los" 

At this point, whatever wrote the message ran out of cloth. 

[!] A small clay sorvian no more than one foot tall would make it's way towards where Cain resides. The creature wearing a small purple sweater and carrying with it a letter for the man. It would offer the letter out and then turn to take it's leave once it had been delivered.

"Dearest Cain,

I do hope this letter finds you well, and that you're enjoying your days since I last saw you. I was intrigued when I saw you post this letter of sorts to the masses. I've seen such things before and I've never really entertained the thought of replying to such missives that are placed over the lands. Though this one intrigued me as I've a growing curiosity for all things alchemical, and especially all things that are related to the different constructs in the land. You see I feel as if I've grown stagnant in my own studies. As if things have begun to slow down and I've been unable to grow in any particular direction. It would seem that I've become slothful and forgotten that even I still need to study and learn day by day.

Well enough of my rattling on, I wish to put my name forward in the hopes that you might pick me and teach me a few things. Even if not as an official student I would still love to learn and expand my horizons in knowledge of any kind. Even if not I do hope this letter finds you well and I hope to see you again. I enjoyed our meeting last time and would enjoy further talking to you on the topics we discussed before. Perhaps there is some form of knowledge that I could also impart on you should you simply wish to talk and have tea at some point.  Though do be well and I hope your search for students goes well regardless.

Sincerely,

Serenity Al'Abass Violet Sorceress"

And upon the missive was attached a new letter by a elf with a scarred vissage. One kept short and simple.

"Greetings Alchemist Cain. I will not bother you with the simple courtesies for you gain enough of such through this missive I can only imagine. I instead wish to show it through my admiration for you work. I'm much a alchemist myself and one who has long been researching it, while I have been taught well in the basics of alchemy it doesn't mean I do not hunger for more knowledge. Long have I been reading upon the material and equally long have I been attempting to learn more, yet my road has come to a dead end. It is why I seek to become your apprentice under the arts of creating life, if I would be worthy of it. I gladly hear from you back."

-Andrillian

A young yet frail Dwarven figure would lift up his hand, causing his quill to pen down the following message.

"May both master and apprentice find a suitable social contract when the time calls for it.

With this letter I wish to inform you of my own interest in the field which you so aptly dub 'Human'. Though educated in the methods which I require to brew that which I need, I would not call myself an alchemist. It is the point you make that illustrates what such a title requires, and it is something I do not have for the time being. I tell myself that I wish to learn for the satisfaction of developing skill and nourishing ability as things in and of themselves. It is for this reason too, that I believe I must gain a profound understanding of this matter of creation. I do not seek to replace magic, but to complete the perspective magic already provides.

If you seek to contact me you will find me within Kal'Darakaan. Any communication directed to A-9 addressed to me will find me in due time.

Sincerely,

Grimdal Irongut"

A horrific vulture, no doubt orcish descends upon you, baring a message. Its eyes are bloodshot, having traveled long to reach you. The paper is singed and splattered with blood. Its ink twists and moves, animated by ancient magics.  A living drawing is displayed below the words, an uruk possessing draconic horns, and world of fire surrounding him. 

dreamsicle_horned_figure_surrounded_by_world_of_fire_786a7636-06bb-470b-b7f1-a6bd66bbcee0.png

I have given life to my people for centuries. As the Gatetender and shepherd of lost souls, I have seen the woes of those misguided, left downtrodden by curses and ignorance. I seek to return the world to its purest state, one of mortal ambition, freedom, and truth. In upholding the path of my first ancestors, alchemy, and blood, I will carve forth this transformation. This noble idea; my tapestry has been marked upon my flesh since my first scar. I am lined with these wounds, messages of the truth, a pain that gnaws me to bring salvation to this world. Mine creations are that which will preserve light in a world of growing darkness. Surely you have seen it too, the repeated ruination of our lands, of Atlas, Arcas, and without my action, Almaris. 

I am not a priest, nor prideful archmagi. I am mortal, a being of blood and bone. I praise my mortality for it gives me the clarity to create a better world. I hope in sending you this, whether you teach me or not, seek the same world. Make me your peer, rather then your student, and I am certain you will find yourself amidst good company. Let us meet then, before you seek to teach me. There are questions I have upon your own path, and the world you seek to create. You may find me admist the fire, or within the heart of the Iron'Uzg.  I am able to travel the lands, though my old age brings me great discomfort in doing so.

5619084.png

His eyes gazes over missive, a chance to learn more would be a chance anyone would jump at. Blinking a few times once he saw who it was by. "Uncle?" he thought to himself, a bit perplexed. Thinking onto a time in his youth when he saw his uncle at work in the forge. He was so small then. Rummaging with in his bag. Searching for the paper with a small mutter, he tried to multitask. Lighting his lantern. He picked up his pencil & thus started to wright after finding it.

"Dear Cain,

I hope this finds you in good health. I'm not very good with my words. So I'll try to keep this short as to not ramble on. I wish to learn more than I was taught, I learned to help others in the craft. I wanted to be a apprentice. I still feel as if I need to be taught. My learning is never done, nor will it ever be. I remember watching you work once when I was still small, to this day I still find myself enamored with this memory.
                      Best wishes & regards ⅄⅄
"

On the back of the missive would be the address of Talons port, market square two. Also known as a flower shop & a tattoo parlor 

Meylis looks at the missive before pulling out a small peice of paper and a quill made with a raven's feather. He finds a place to begin writing and takes a moment to center himself and bring his excitement under control. But, oh was he excited. He knew which each meant. Human alchemy... Flesh Molding. The other, machine... he supposed it could be either macro or micro engineering, likely micro given the detailed of creating life, but that detail was not of much importance. Flesh molding... He quickly brings quill to paper and begins writing. Going through several drafts before he reads through his completed work. With ink and quill he copies the letter the final draft and attaches his orginal letter to the missive as requested.
Hello Cain Thelin,
I am unsure what title to place before your name, so I have merely placed the one you used. I will be, I hope, be brief. I seek to learn, as you put it, the human part of alchemy. I came to learn the basic idea of it from my first teacher of the alchemical. You see, he applied something to mold the flesh of my nose back into it's proper form. For a time I was unaware of the change until it was pointed out to me. After sometime he answered my questions about it. Since that point the skill has not left my mind's eye. Regardless, this detailing does not answer the question to posed to us, your would-be students.
So, why do I wish such knowledge? The first reason of mine is to acquire the ability to pass such knowledge, after learning alchemy I sought to take on a student of my own, such a task has been difficult. My first two apprentinces flaming out and disapeering from my notice, now I seek them more carefully, but I do still seek them. In my wish to teach, and my experience; I can understand if you wish whatever skills passed to stay with me, I will follow your wishes on that matter. The second is far simpler I suppose. My teacher posed the alchemical as a way to alter the world around us, I only wish to delve further upon this path of alteration and understanding.

If I am selected I currently hold residence in Dowry St.II of Haense under the name Meylis Frostbeard. If I am not selected I would still like to ask, why now?
Fortunes Favor You,
- Meylis Frostbeard.

The missive has been taken down with a note saying ‘My students have been chosen, I will search again in a few elven years. If any who were not accepted seek me out they shall be barred from my next search.’

A late missive was found. One missed from being taken down. After all, it had taken quite some time to get to the outermost shores of Almaris, floating on the wind to the destination of a particular woman. Adorned in pure white, she lifted her head to the wind that fluttered the snow white fabric draped over her greying locks. Behind her mask, a smile grew. 

A yellow sunflower wax stamp kept the envelope sealed until it's recipient opened it to read it's contents. That very same missive would be returned to Cain Thelin with a new letter attached. The handwriting was fluent and efficient, each word legible and distinguished... until the end. The lines became shorter and the style shifted. Something was there, it seems, and the recipient would need to look closer.

Dearest Cain Thelin, 
I am overjoyed
 to see another who appreciates the true art of alchemy and the Material Alphabet. I have been an alchemist for just a little more than 40 years, and the art is one that continues to enrapture my mind and interests. Additionally, I have known the human art for quite some time now. What an honor, to serve descendant kind. Veterans and Victims of attacks come to me in their time of need... but that is all I know. It was all I was taught, and I seek the beauty of knowledge and alchemical craftsmanship. 

Help is what you need, my good Cain. Everyone seeks a teacher, but I cannot simply be one myself. Let me learn from you;  I will make you proud.  Overwhelmed you are, I'm sure, but I am grateful to you. See you soon.

You have everything you need to contact me.