A CASTILE'S REFLECTION

ibiou

150px-HouseCastile.png

canterbury-regular.png
canterbury-regular_1.png

DATED THE 12TH OF THE SUN’S SMILE , 1889
pasted_image_0.png

The past decade has been one of many hardships. To lose one's home, to feel the loss of a loved one, to become a victim of war - each bears its many scars that forevermore will follow me onward. Upon the triumph of the Barony of Acre and his surrender as Lord Protector of Oren, Elric Castile has disappeared with no trace. My brother is now presumed dead. Whether he is or not, I have left myself grieve for him in private for some years. Despite his actions he did in the name of the fallen kingdom, I loved him fiercely. I had looked up to him for the duration of my adolescence, and once I had reached the age of maturity he had continued to be that burning torch of reassurance. There was one occasion I recall - my wedding day - where he had taken the time to calm my nerves before he walked me down the aisle. In those moments, Elric possessed a caring nature only those close to him had witnessed. He was also charismatic, and a loyalist until the end.

In light of his condition, I inherited the Barony of Castile. It was an unthinkable outcome when we had first been awarded the title, for me to carry it, yet no one could have foreseen the future. I had put off an official statement on the status of one's house and barony for some time, and yet as I start to heal I find it only appropriate to address such matters now. The Barony of Castile, as well as House Castile, will remain under the wing of House Jazloviecki and the March of Grodno until my death. Serving as Grodno's consort for over a decade by my husband's side, I find it most suitable that the two families shall be united side-by-side to gain back the presige we once had until my heir takes over. Wherever my family goes, I go. This has led me back to the Principality of Sedan. Whilst my brother left many years ago after our family served the de Joannes for many years, fate has led us back to our roots. I am unsure of what this may bring, but I only intend to do what is best for the future going forward.

As for my heir, my children were born with a Lechian legacy, one of which does not entitle them to carry my responsibility. Yes, I recognise that they are of Castile blood too, yet I know that my brother would have wanted to keep our line going with kin intended to rule Castile and not Grodno. Therefore, if any one of my siblings can prove themselves that they are willing to continue our family's name and honour after my death, then they should do so. My loyalty and trust is won through those who act, not by our predetermined connections. I will not have us erased from history because of Castile men and women who abandon their namesake, for they disappeared like Elric - only they chose to do so. It is undeserving, particularly when in times of need they hide. 

Even without Elric, Castile will prevail. The Harvest Confederacy thrives on my brother's surrender, and whilst his role within the war may have tarnished our family name, I will do my best as matriarch to overcome its losses and march us forward into a new tomorrow.

pasted_image_0.png

SIGNED,

The Most Honournable, Lady Ottilie Franziska Jazloviecki, Margravine-consort of Grodno, Baroness of Castile