The Wisp Masqeurade

TwilightWolf

Spoiler

will_o___wisp_by_ilyich-d3dqhl0.jpg

In the story of Nailah, the fox faerie tale, it is told that the Vixen Trickster has lead victims astray, never to be seen again in the forest. Some claim that great discoveries of wealth are the meddling ways of this spirit of hunt and ambush, scorning their rivals for unimaginable luck. Perhaps a whimsical story about the realities of life, but a wholly merry gathering for the Mother Circle none the less.  Crafting a mask in honor of the Mani or Fae, the druids gather beneath the glowing glade of the Moonlit Forest for an evening of riddles, games, and drinks. Dressed in white and fall colors, a grand masquerade is held beneath the full moon.

4e07c82929fe5a7b7de0efd265733f1f_f94bf27

For the final celebration of the Fox Moon, a circle of the masquerade goers partake in the Chimes prayer. In tales of Nailah and the will-o-the-wisp, the nine lights are said to tempt travelers off their path and into an unfortunate death with the distant chiming of bells. By celebrating games in her likeness and chiming the bells, the gathered might have sharpened their wits to keep them safe during the final days of the Fox Moon and the beginning of the hunts.

[Saturday, 5pm EST at the Atoll Grove]

Enderial reads the invitation his Maln had given to him. The young teen sounds out the letters through his lips, now finally having grasped a larger understanding of more complicated vocabulary and literary works, he was able to read the invitation with ease and enough practice. 

“Hmm…of course I’ll be attending! She’s one of my favorite Faeries!”

The boy grins with excited anticipation as he then set the letter down upon the table and strokes his chin, thinking to himself. 

“I wonder what my mask should be…maybe I should make a mask of Ikur?” 

The boy then snapped his fingers as an idea came to his mind. 

“Oh I know! I’ll ask Maln and Haelun for help!” 

And with that he took the invitation letter with him whilst he eagerly went to find his parents. 

Ja’Runk looks at the invitation he found on the ground of the road “Mas- Masgurade? Wub dah skah? Mi zhould peep diz fur mizelf.” He then took a bite off the edge of the paper and kept walking on the road