holyterrain whiteferrarii

Discord:

spookyy#0254

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Inappropriate roleplay.

What circumstances led to this ban?

I believe the circumstances that led me to my ban were a series of inappropriate, villainous roleplay scenarios of which I predated upon vulnerable characters of towns, notably the human capital, such as children and pregnant persons. The roleplay was villainous and dark, and it was believed, and rightfully so, I think, that this went beyond what is accepted and tolerated on the server. Explicit gore, dark words and a general, discomforting predation made up the circumstances of my ban - from what I am aware. I think, in holistic reflection, I realise that these scenarios are not 'interesting, roleplay stories' or even mere 'theft and murder' roleplay, but something much more uneasing. This could be avoided by me just avoiding villainous roleplay all together, which I intend to do if I am accepted back into the community, but I also think there are lessons about roleplay, in and of itself, I've learned. My roleplay and my actions are not an isolated - they affect people and they contribute apart of a community, and I think, in my own selfishness, I forgot this. In these circumstances, I thought villainy could be done to cause chaos and to introduce a darker side to the underside of human capitals, whereby innocents were killed and maimed, however this intention was not roleplayed adequately. I made people uncomfortable - that is the simple fact. Roleplay needs to be give and take, it needs to make both parties feel creatively inspired, interested and at times, challenged, but it should never make someone uncomfortable, feel unwelcome, or feel as though the server is not a safe place.

I overstepped the mark very much so, and it makes me, genuinely, uncomfortable, to know I made others feel this way. In the future, in any roleplay I do, I'd want to make sure the circumstances are that whereby all parties feel as though they can comfortably interact and play with some fun to it. Being preyed upon, being stabbed and being rendered immobile without any agency, in-character or out-of-character, does nothing of the sort.

Something else I've learned is that if someone has chosen voluntarily to create and explore a character which has vulnerabilities, such as a child, a pregnant person, or someone with a disability, that is no excuse to exploit them for cheap villainy. Firstly, it's disrespectful from a story perspective, to minimise this person's choice to roleplay someone complex and different, by making it an 'easy kill' and secondly, it's a bit morally discomforting. LOTC should not be a place whereby people can do what they cannot do IRL, or indulge in morally dark circumstances that go beyond fantasy and enter realms where people are hurt. Being a LGBTQ person, homophobia roleplay has always made me uncomfortable on LOTC, and I realise now, that my actions, made people uncomfortable just as much as those circumstances made me. Yes, it's roleplay, but it can still affect people, and that was something I really learned only in reflection. 

I'd want to create storylines for my character(s) whereby I avoid these situations, and focus more on dialogue, domestic roleplay and perhaps something vocational, something creatively purposeful... and not villainy without true cause or purpose other than general chaos.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with my ban for the most part, as I feel I've expressed in my previous response, however I will say I felt parts of my ban were not adequately communicated to me at the beginning of it all. By now, through talking to several members, I've been able to wholly understand the grievances I've caused and by no means stand by behaviour that discomforts and upheaves without any real purpose.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I want to return to LOTC because it defines much of my teenagehood. It's my safe place. I have played this server for over half a decade and I deeply miss the creativity that it allowed me to exercise and play with. I miss storytelling, I miss worldbuilding, I miss it all. I want to return to LOTC to live a quiet life, so to speak. In reflection, I certainly got too caught up in all the politics that can occur between players OOC, and want to just focus on creating my own stories, enriching and dynamic ones, that do not disconcert or disturb.

I've been reading a lot recently and I've found things such as dialogue and simple interactions between characters is so rewarding and intriguing because it gives colour and depth to the human condition otherwise overlooked in simple, ordinary real life. It's something I feel I neglected in my time on LOTC and would love to come back and really indulge in that. I want to focus on character construction as opposed to action.

I do really miss this community and don't want to imagine a future where I can't step back into the fantastical world that allowed me to create, dream and make friendships my entire teenagehood. I am sorry for my actions and really will make sure nothing ever comes close to it again.

Attach other relevant information.

(n/a)

Edited by holyterrain

Your ban-appeal is being reviewed. You can expect a response within the next 72 hours.