A Humble Request

DahStalker

A Humble Request

Yz6RqhhY6qrSYkU7hfbBS00C6AqU3V8Qu1uFRP9Mgtku711E44Pg23kKCvovkoDj6xArKUaedeqL8bhGueltLlMV72r3nD6-FTA0gzJ4cnWagWYEpgGVc5nnM9F7Oj4uc3KdM8GEyDm07NA2dhxFo3jK60KfB31xabiN999aTkHcZL660JjzaPDWKA

[A painting of Lady Haense]

Penned by Lady Elia Eryka Colborn

On this 4th of Jula ag Piov

We are all children of GOD, that much is acknowledged.  Yet, it seems that recently by the feverish zeal of our beloved sovereign that nobility within our ranks have publicly shamed for their unfortunate sin: lying outside of marriage, thus producing the birth of baseborn. Due to the wretched influence of the old Orenian Empire and the Mistress Rothesay, humanity has spiraled. Trends of copulation out of wedlock have filled Haense to the brim, and it has to stop. There must be consequences. I beg our King, our beloved Monarch, that he take action.

However, in that same light, I would like to bring attention to the true sufferers of this lustful sin: the bastards themselves. They linger within our streets, scorned and socially shamed due to the error of their parents. How is that fair? 

It is said within the Scrolls, “So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not lie with your kin, nor those of other tribes, and none shall lie together but in holy union.” [Virtue 3:9] Where does GOD say that the product of this sin must suffer the same as the sinner themselves? I implore you, be the merciful sovereign GOD intended for Haense. You are the son of your father and more. 

Show righteousness where it does not shine; Ensure that the peers of your realm legitimize these children to spare them from their parents’ sins, just this once. Moreover, I suggest the establishment of a social blockade to prevent these bastards from being born furthermore, so that no child should ever suffer in this manner again. 

And so, I plead with you, your Majesty. Be considerate in your decision-making and think not only of the acts committed by your peers, but of the innocent children who suffer the consequences. In doing so, I implore that you allow these children to live free of shame and humiliation. I beg you of this, please. It pains me greatly to see the bastardry of Haense suffer so terribly for circumstances so blatantly out of their control.

Your loyal servant and fellow Canonist,

Lady Elia Eryka Colborn

Spoiler

Edited by DahStalker

Klara Elizaveta kneels before the statue of her late father, hands clasped in prayer. "Papej, watch over us, and over the poor children of vyr beloved nation. See them safely from persecution for sins not their own, and see us into the light of a new, more prosperous and tolerant day."

Josefina Kortrevich paled in her spot by the wall in Bethlenen, hands clutched tightly together. "Poor Firress Barrow..." She whispered.

Karl III opened the missive, looked down at the paper and prompty said  "No. The Lady Justiciar has already been tasked with restoring honour to our virile nobility. Asking me to get my nobility to legitimize their bastard children. If you are so desperate, go bark up the Lord Ruthern's tree for it is clear this is a singular bastards issue than anything else."

Godric Adrian Colborn looks down from the Seven skies and thinks Karl III is truly Based and Haense Pilled

"Punish the ingrates and let the Bastards make their own path. They should not be legitimized just because of sympathies for their station; if they earn it, that is a different story." said Cesar of Hyspia

"For too long it seems the Canon and Haeseni crime of lying with another outside of wedlock, married or not, has been ignored. Those who do so must be punished sufficiently, so that more bastards may yet be prevented and more do not disgrace themselves in the eyes of GOD." Cardinal Viktor states as he harvests potatoes in his garden "Tolerance has gone too far, sin has been allowed to infest the supposedly pious Haeseni nobility and even royalty for long enough, ignored or even embraced, and glorified!"

15 hours ago, GMRO said:

go bark up the Lord Ruthern's tree

Thomund Bishop made this face 😬

Lowering the paper after reading it, he sighed, "tsk tsk tsk," -+- "ich doubt if she did zhat, she vould return alive... Gott protect her zhough."