On the Matter of Daelish Succession

LithiumSedai

Spoiler

On the Matter of Daelish Succession

T84LzQF6KGgkTlu-SIJAs5hcJ1VsOkbEj4cM7KvGteh4NRFV-xlGlJaBV9FGdpRcvFoafL60mtU_qPiqYn0yXA-EBnr_5VeOxTR5gmxxRPS01G3c0B-RaGCH4yMcPz4uAJ4wk7gFTc7UvAvXVW5oVIoZtjZ8sXqn3pvlZf-wT369O29Y_4pFjvuI

LET IT BE KNOWN to all free Highlanders of the Daelish clans, and any Lowlanders whom it may concern: I, Roy Mor Charleson, Chief of Clan Gromach and Warden and Protector of the Daelish Crown, which has duly been reclaimed for the faithful among our People in the Daelish Treaty of Vistulia after decades of abuse and misrule by false Daelishmen, have through Divine grace and favor and clerical counsel set to resolve the matter of its inheritance; thus I do decree, after lengthy deliberation:

I. That the Daelish Crown is to be deemed abeyant, and that the Clan of Gromach is to remain its safeguard and protector following my passing.

II. That none shall be bestowed the restored Daelish Crown and the right of lordship over the Highland clans but one chosen by the Daelish Kingsmoot of the faithful clan chiefs, at a time when such a Kingsmoot is capable of convening in numbers.

III. That those faithful clan chiefs shall be deemed the Canonist leaders of the historic Clans of Gromach, Ferguson, Guthrie and Drummond, and that the right of election also be granted to any other Canonist clan which can field fifty men-at-arms.

IV. That no Lowlander, pagan, or nonhuman shall ever be considered viable for the restored Daelish Crown, and that the candidates shall be Daelish men of sound mind and good repute and health, capable of wielding a Daelish claymore and carrying a lifting stone, who profess the one true Canonist faith and discard the Cantyrist belief.

V. That the Oath of Saint Malcolm be sworn by the elect at the holy site at Alba or another suitable holy site of the Daelish, and that he be crowned by the Holy Mother Church.

VI. That the Holy Mother Church, and friends of the Daelish clans, the Lord of Alba, the Margrave of Grodno and the Prince of Merryweather, be considered foreign guarantors of the Daelish succession, and that the Piast of Vistulia be a welcome observer to the Kingsmoot.

VII. That the Clan of Gromach shall uphold this act of succession and defend it from any Lowlander interference until a time the Daelish king can be chosen.

By God, the Creator of all things, His Exalted, and Saint Malcolm, our holy patron, I do so swear.

Concluded upon the holy site at Alba on the 2nd of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1890.

PXOog8uYG2oVlgswylglk-k4uo2C9UXMrziLrEBRq7b7FdiLBAzuapgYQ99_7ZONtrr0_1ysKdCEYxq-AjvWEjRMnY8hf3ZIM1hTvQmkbt3C_TdovAhxQBP_XoXopuX_T1Dc2rLa7dIXTYlfD5HKWQWDslHx2lWEJYGrPwTwXVBtdgQjI6gV8bSf

Roy Mor Charleson, Chief of Clan Gromach, Warden and Protector of the Daelish Crown

Maciej Jazloviecki, the Margrave of Grodo smiled at the document seeing this matter is finally concluded

P2zz7Vjne78U7ZpHiK7iHxPXBVnVxAho-lUYKXtx57Vmb2ljXvChhts6reinVAUXcnjRPz7DMfo6iqcY4BnHSZClDIZmZULfubIuNhUyqtyfB9dd1f9ysfJB9zQ7eVfggXwTrBZ3McG2OIjzW_bQBuOcURYXN_KQRKVOku-SNYNx95LSCtzJaQ1F

𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅗𝅥𝅘𝅥𝅯𝅘𝅥𝅮

Brennus took the attestation in hand from a Cinged page while meandering along the piers winding between crannogs. He read it with an occasional cursory glance to ensure his footing and nodded his approval as the boy dawdled alongside him.

"Boy, haven't ye' somewhere teh' be? Ehm' naught bothered by t'is document an' deem it good t'at wot' trouble faced meh' father Gaisorix has been officially put teh' an end. Good t'see t'is Ruadh Mor show better honor t'an t'e false Daelishman Llewelyn. He even extended a courtesy in invitin' t'Piast. T'e Highlanders be a proud lot, bot' kind extensions such as t'ese ah' wot' can bind a whole people together even if jos' loosely."

Spoiler

"Boy, haven't you somewhere to be. Im not bothered by this document and (I) deem it good that what trouble faced my father Gaisorix has been officially put to an end. Good to see this Ruadth Mor  show better honor than the false Daelishman Llewelyn. He even extended a courtesy in inviting the Piast. The Highlanders be a proud lot, but kind extensions such as these are what can bind a whole people together even if just loosely.

The Prince of Alstion affirms his protection of the Daelish - who once were the sole protectors of his own family - a gaze cast upon the vast expanse of the Outremont plains from atop the ruins of Alba, "So it is, so it shall be."

Flour reads the paper a few times over  “Who are these people?” He then tosses the paper into his bakery oven