The Shepherd Rustles

gavyn

Kerzenwick Calls

An Announcement from the Black Gate 

NzOHpz_UoORkIYPlMAa9x_2V-AQdlqBT0kkbtobBSx2dJuwi0VKEhBvUcsLz7sl2SuqmuIPv-VDZKw39YiFTyGiYMyFCItArbdoaIth21Ghp166V403Llfn3SJzg5NMo6629XdrA1LauU7hhCAhj-H0AOII_oGrAWruYrx6oSahHAHtbR-Ue8_5gFQ

The Shepherd Knight, sat upon a throne, one of rot and deceit.

Spoiler

And so, the bells toll. 

From his grave would rattle once more such a knight of unrest, the shards of ivory bone that once defined him dried and brittle, stained of filth and age- they await the saturation and satisfaction of battle, what they were once designed for. As the ichor painted soil about his such shallow grave be disturbed, the Shepherd comes to consciousness in his current state; “It is time.” he would hum with a broken tone, yearning for something of a physical and almost mortal image of him to come, “They have come. Kerzenwick calls me.” The voice without body would echo, the grounds of all Wickwald shifting as their true ruler be reminded of his purpose.

And so, comes another toll of the bells. Siegmund will walk again.

The path of the Wick, one clear to the Shepherd from such a young age, has always been a weary one to grasp. In his time he had done all he could to change such- but alas, to no avail, the cycle will continue. Despite his countless efforts and restless years, what does he have to show for such?

And so, yet again, the bells will toll. Siegmund will see again.

A lost Baron he was, as he had given his life for the Kingdom wrought in Black and Gold, such colors he lay cloaked in; even in such a state of disgusting and pitiful despair. The Baron of Kerzenwick, the Shepherd knight of the order of the Golden Hussar, his name not once celebrated, nor remembered with a smile. One might think such a betrayal, yet he will carry these colors with pride until the end of all comes.

And so, the bells toll, a final whining and echoing toll. Siegmund will fight again.

For one thing will always remain, even in the ignorance of greedy and lustful mortals, dancing with gold and pride- a Wick will remain a Wick. Such the Shepherd realizes, through his visor, the cycle has repeated. A Wick will face a Wick, in life and death. Ser Siegmund “the Shepherd” Wick, now roams again, upon his shoulder flows the colors of his former quest, yet a new mutter of loyalty is fresh upon his tongue. He sets upon a new dawn, Kerzenwick calls him, this being his only purpose as he finds himself greeting the sensation he remained oh so vigilant for in his supposed time of rest. The Baron of Kerzenwick has yet to rest, and rest will never be a thing in his horizon. The call of Kerzenwick rings in his head, his head will not fall until such is answered.

And so, silence, the bells fall silent at this moment. Siegmund has accepted his fate.

Spoiler

Thanks @Ragrin(KindEmperor) for sitting with me while I write this.
Thanks @venclair:) for music (again).
Thanks @Security_... Actually no f**k you. I HATE YOU.

Spoiler

@HurferDurfer1 I literally just want to make you proud please come home I miss you I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you.