The Last Command [PK]

AmericanSniper52

[!]

The following letter would be found nailed to a tree outside the vale

"This letter is to my friends and family. If you have received this letter then I am most likely dead. I have recently lost myself to grief and strife, I let myself become a worse man than I thought I ever could be. I suppose, my deeds finally caught up with me in the end. I hope that the many years I spent trying to stave off evil and injustice, will absolve me, I wrote personalized letters for my closest friends and family, along with a will stating where my possessions should go, now that I am no longer among the living, I ask only that I be given proper burial, in Elysium. I ask, that my name be a caution to those who seek revenge. For those who do evil, will find punishment."

-Radvan Odinson

[!]

The following letters would be delivered to the intended recipients by bird

To nisreen: 

"Ya qalbi, I know, you will likely be saddened slightly hear of my passing, but I ask you to not grief in my name, for it is past my time regardless. When we split, I felt lost, angry, hurt, i blamed it on Astrid, and only now do I realize, I had made you feel lost, it was my fault. For this, and my betrayal of you, and the path, combined with my further betrayal in lashing out against Astrid, I can never apologize enough. When the time comes, and you find yourself at the river's end, I hope to be there, with a smile on my face. Until that day comes, I leave unto you, my Gladius, it was a gift from our wedding day. Alongside what money I have, I will give your regards to our daughter, forever yours".

-Radvan Odinson

To Vaen'lian Odinson:

"Vaen, you have become a strong, and brilliant mali'ame. I could not be more proud, to call you my brother, and I hope, that you continue to practice music. So I may always be playing along side you, I leave you my lute, along with the knowledge of a song passed down by my blood family for generations. Always play from the heart".

-Radvan Odinson

To Kyl'lian Odinson:

"Kyl, you and I may not have had the strongest bond or relationship, but you have always been my brother, and you always will be. I did not know what else to give you, so I offer you my enchanted ring, I hope you use it well"

-Radvan Odinson

To Astrid Marlow:

"Astrid, I know we have had our differences, I know you hate me more than anyone else in Almaris, and i understand thatl. You always thought I was hotheaded, and an idiot, a laughingstock buffoon. I only wanted to help, I believed that this world needed more fighters of Man made evil, rather than of the dragonkin, and for that believe, I was shunned from the paladins. You can badmouth me all you want now that I am gone, but I know at least, that you deserve Elend's spear. Out of respect for my brother, and your's and Nisreen's friendship, and apology for lashing out and hurting you, i leave to you Elend's spear"

-Radvan Odinson

To Floria Starling:

"Floria, you were always my best friend, you helped me through trying times and were always there to help me. The very least I can offer you, in return for everything you have done, is my Axe, I know you likely will not use it often but I hope you take good care of it, and may your trip down the river of life, have slow currents."

-Radvan Odinson

To Scarlet:

"Scarlet, you had always been there for me, supported me through whatever undertaking I had found myself on. For this, I can never thank you enough, you are one of the kindest people in the world, and Almaris does not deserve you. Should I make it to see the heavenly gates, I hope to see you there, one day very very far away. To remember me by, I leave unto you my Claymore, enchanted to blast fire, and though you might never use it, always remember the fiery lad who never wanted to take anything lying down."

-Radvan Odinson

A hum tung from the maw of Astrid Marlow as her gaze drifted across the paper which her hands, one golem one flesh, held out before her. Her demeanour, as always, remained oddly. . . still and deprived of emotion, almost unnaturally so given the news. She didn't state it out loud admits the full square, seeing no reason to voice her opinions nor thoughts on the matter of the man who had just tortured her dying. 
During her time knowing him, hatred was never an emotion which stirred within her soul nor influenced any of her actions and opinions regarding Radvan. She thought for a moment about what had gone wrong for her neutrality and logical breakdown of his actions and how they would affect to reside within his mind as anger.

"Hum" she would think to herself, remaining outwardly silent. "Perhaps he grew too fond of the idea of having someone who cared enough to put hate behind their actions and words revolving him."  As she had said to his face when he first challenged her to a duel which was declined, he was not worth her time nor her blood. . .neutrality being accompanied by a lack of care. 
The letter she had received was folded then discarded into the flames before her. The battered woman watching it burn. 

Edited by RMW01

An armored individual would stop along their normal stroll around the lands as they’d gaze upon the parchment nailed to the tree. 

Their sharp eyes scan the wording on the letter; a wide grin forming somewhere within that helmed visage as they’d say to themselves. 

“So, the foolish one finally opened his eyes… It’s about time these ‘type’ start taking their own lives after having been living a lie for years upon years.”

With that, the armored one releases a series of maniacal laughter as they’d proceed to walk out of that very area. 

Recent split still fresh in her mind, a mind wrought with disarray and guilt, Nisreen paced frantically about her little home. Otherwise empty rooms, lanterns turned out, drenched in darkness. What little light seeped in from the crack in the wall was diffused by guilt, blurred by tears as the notice fell from her hands to that scuffed floor. 

"You had dreams, ambitions, ya qalbi-" she choked on the words whispered, that and the sound of boots the only thing that broke the harsh silence. "You could have done great things. Why did you throw it all away? I should have-"

She should never have left him.

How many more times would she be the inadvertent cause of someone's death?

A dark candle loomed before her, prepared to be lit, to let the memories and mourning burn with the flame. Unable to find solace in the ritual, Nisreen let the match drop, turned for the door, and sought elusive peace amongst the trees, pounding into the earth, lost in a mind absent from it's surroundings for some time. 

Vaen'lian Odinson would be sitting in one of the trees at The Mother's Grove as the bird come to deliver the news. Another one dies. All of the sudden, his family and friends slowly start to die out. He only could sob. Sob over the brother, the one that everyone called 'mad' or 'cruel'. He only remembered his brother. He only remembered how Radvan taught him how to use the bow, how to fight, they sat down, laughed and talked many times, the one that was there since his childhood. And he was gone too. "Why... Why Rad too, Plume and Elend weren't enough?! I don't want it anymore! That's too much! Please... Please someone make it stop..."  he could only sob, alone, in the dark. That's not the first time, and that probably wouldn't be the last.

Herman read over the briefly before bringing a torch to it. “ A fraud you were, offered me an army. Instead you went and killed yourself. Insulting me once more by asking to be buried in the nation you rebelled against, You fooled, tricked, and deceived me. I worked hard and for nothing.” Would spit on the ash and whatever else of the parchment that had remained. “You were a disappointment.” 

Scarlet close her eyes after reading the letter, another one was gone and there was nothing more to say. She slowly approach her wooden self which held all sorts of items. All the items who belong to the people she had loved so much, the people she wish she had a chance to talk to before goodbye. Slowly she would add the claymore to the shelf...wishing also that she had another chance to spoke with her grandson maybe things would have been different....

6 hours ago, AmericanSniper52 said:

I ask, that my name be a caution to those who seek revenge. For those who do evil, will find punishment.

A certain elven pirate couldn't help but chuckle as she heard news of the Odinson's death. "Guess yeh ain't as strong as yeh thought, Radvan." Charlotte muttered in a tone of amusement, before simply carrying on with her day. 

A man of crimson sat alone in the tavern where he so thrived. The injury to his stomach already healed when he caught wind of the poor man's demise. Wicked was the grin upon his spectral face. "So? Another one's dead. How tragic. It would seem he found the cure to his stupid." Irlioz stood, pacing the tavern room before placing a hand to the stain of blood upon one of the tables, wishing he could truly feel the wood.

Another man sat alone in his home, the magi called an Ashwood. His head shook as he tossed the letter aside, not a tear streaming down his dull face. "Seems he ended it before I could." Sulieronn shook his head before pushing himself to his feet with the help of his staff. The man walked out of his home and stood still before his store, wishing he'd never given him that claymore.

"No.." stated Sheo Amanthul as his eye grew a hint of rage, staring at the letter pinned by the vale, "Damned.. Madness always takes them.. Every damned time.." He grunted to himself, shaking his head as he turned to walk off, drawing a cigar from his cigar box, setting it in his mouth, drawing a match from his matchbox, and having a long smoke in memory. 

A thorn-tongued druid lights a cigarette.

"-Ah, Odinson'ii," she sighed, looking upon a wall of portraits and old sketches - lost loves, friends, passing nuisances alike. "I suppose you found your limits at last."

The Unicorn Druid views the letter posting on her way out of the Vale. Already still wrought with grief from something else, she would feel that weight grow only slightly heavier with the news of someone she once thought to be a friend's betrayal, and now death. Another thing to itch at the back of her mind, it appears.

x