VOTE TEARLACH FOR ALDERMAN

Arbiterhark

TEARLACH GANT FOR ROYAL ALDERMAN

BBC - Your Paintings - Lord MacDonald of Sleat | Art uk, Scottish clothing,  Clan macdonald

Tearlach Gant

I am Tearlach Gant, youngest son of House Gant. Today, I announce my candidacy for the position of Royal Alderman. As a resident of Valwyck and a Ward of the Office of the Justiciar, I have lived and learned in both the Capital and the Countryside. Though I am a noble by right of my brother’s title, I am not blinded to the needs and wants of the Common People of Haense. It is my hope that I can repay the Haeseni People for the privileges afforded to me by my station through serving them as Royal Alderman. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qualifications

As a student under the Lady High Justiciar, I have spent over four years learning the Haurul Caezk and the functions of the Kingdom of Haense. Through the course of studying the Book of Honor, I have also studied the Codex Iurius Canonici and the Old Imperial Orennian Law, upon which so many of our laws are based. 

I have published a legal thesis on the relationship between the Church and Kingdom, titled “Naf Lendyy i Kongzem”. I am presently working on a long-term review of the history of each section of the Haurul Caezk, titled “The Origination of the Book of Honor: A 100-year Story”. Through research for my writing I have familiarized myself in not just the text of the law, but also the rationale and spirit behind each act. 

To that end, I have created a legislative agenda that I will seek to implement, should I be elected as your Royal Alderman. This agenda will seek to redress several inconsistencies present in the law, as well as strengthen the rights of all Haeseni People. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duma Agenda:

1. I vow to represent the Commoners, Gentry, and Low Nobility in the process of law-making in the Kingdom, a system long dominated by the Titled Peers. To address this, I promise to hold routine public and private meetings to hear complaints, questions, and concerns from all Haeseni Constituents. My door, and postbox, will always be open.
  2. I will submit a list of revisions to the Haurul Caezk’s Jura I Krima to bring definitions used in moral crimes, which are rooted in Canon Law, in line with the definitions used in the Church of the Canon. Additionally, should any crimes recorded in the Jura I Krima no longer match their common definition, I will include them for revision. 
  3. I will propose a bill establishing a Statute of Limitations for certain crimes. As seen with the recent ‘Bastardry’ Scandal, there is inadequate legal standing surrounding the process of trying crimes from decades past. A clear time limit for the trial of certain crimes must be established, though some crimes, such as Murder, should always be punishable. 
  4. I will propose a committee be formed of Clergymen and Legal Scholars from Haense to craft sentencing and punishment guidelines for moral crimes such as ‘Fornication’ and ‘Homoesexuality’. Current laws and processes leave the sentencing and punishment of these crimes solely in the hands of the Jovenaar. Crimes that are crimes primarily for Canonist reasons should feature input from the Church in sentencing, as they deal with the Soul. 

A vote for Tearlach is a vote for Haense. Let us work together to create a brighter future for our Kingdom!