[✗] Invention Lore - Glass-Tipped Arrows

ggooose1

IMG_2005.png?width=1001&height=702

Description

These arrows are made of wood, twine, and feathers, like any other arrow, up until the head, which is made of a hollow glass tip. These glass tips are able to be filled with any liquid or potion available to the public, via a small syringe with a long needle, able to thread through the wood of the arrow stalk and up into the glass tip to fill it carefully.

The glass is 0.5 inches thick, with a teardrop shape, the pointed end facing outward, with the wider end attached with an aurum welded band to keep it in place. The tip can be any glass color or shape, however, the teardrop is the most aerodynamic for flight. For each potion obtained, it can fill 4 arrow tips, making it worthwhile for any archers or military to mass produce.

Capabilities

These specialized arrows can be filled with any liquid or potion available to the creator, as well as be fired from either bow or crossbow. This can widen the options to archers or backline support, and allow them to have more impact on any battle/hunt they may come across.

Due to the nature of these arrows, the capabilities depend on the type of potion, for example, a blasting potion can be fired and injure a large amount of people, while a flame potion can be used to start a fire.

Redlines/Restrictions

- Any potion or liquid MUST be available to players via alchemy or purchase.

-These arrows take the same amount of emotes to fire and load on a bow or crossbow.

-Blueprints of the design can be acquired and learnt from.

Purpose (OOC)

I've always enjoyed combat RP, and more specifically long ranged combat RP, so with this invention, I'm hoping that more people will start to enjoy it more, as the possibilities begin to open up. I believe that this also brings a new reason to contact alchemists/brings more purpose to court alchemists within nations.

Spoiler

Inspired by the BOTW arrow types:  https://game8.co/games/LoZ-BotW/archives/292484

So what I am seeing here is a way to make 1 potion into 4 potions. Also not entirely sure how you would be able to extract part of a blast potion into these arrows as to my knowledge, opening the potion would cause it to go BOOM. Personally, I wouldn't had minded as much if it remained 1 potion = 1 arrow and purely being a delivery method for the potion.

1 hour ago, Samler said:

So what I am seeing here is a way to make 1 potion into 4 potions. Also not entirely sure how you would be able to extract part of a blast potion into these arrows as to my knowledge, opening the potion would cause it to go BOOM. Personally, I wouldn't had minded as much if it remained 1 potion = 1 arrow and purely being a delivery method for the potion.

Or you could just make the potion in the glass arrow

Hey, Good on you for working out a unique rp invention, though many may criticize, its good your trying and I like the concept! lets see what the lore aproving guys gada say, (think its the st still, idk)  But over all, like the enthusiasm for range inventions, personally like it!

+1

I think maybe the arrow should be 1/4 as effective as the regular potion.

You could maybe make the potions in the arrow tip itself to avoid transfer issues with the blasting potion.  But then the arrow tip would have to be large, and have a large hole for putting the signs and symbols and bases inside. That could damage the arrows effectiveness and make it impractical to fire.  Maybe make a ballista version?

You could also make an alchemy pack where you get powders and oils and such that you can use to coat weapons including arrows.

What about potion slingshots?

23 minutes ago, High_On_Math said:

I think maybe the arrow should be 1/4 as effective as the regular potion.

You could maybe make the potions in the arrow tip itself to avoid transfer issues with the blasting potion.  But then the arrow tip would have to be large, and have a large hole for putting the signs and symbols and bases inside. That could damage the arrows effectiveness and make it impractical to fire.  Maybe make a ballista version?

You could also make an alchemy pack where you get powders and oils and such that you can use to coat weapons including arrows.

What about potion slingshots?

tbh i never saw issue with transferring the potions, as from my perspective, the potions react with oxygen. so with the method in the post i thought it wouldnt be an issue, since the potions would be enclosed at all times.

and yeah! i agree, the potions should probably be weaker as the volume is 1/4 the amount, thank you for pointing that out.

the reason i didnt want to do ballista potions is mainly because i think they'd be too op, like using potion cannonballs, 1 potion x 1 cannon would be super powerful. but the slingshot could be a good idea on its own even. its a really wide spectrum but i do hope that itll bring more inventions out!

11 hours ago, Jihnyny said:

Would this even fly? Wouldnt the glass and the liquid inside be to heavy?

i dont actually think so. 0.5 inch glass is surprisingly light, and the volume of liquid is 1/4 density from that of a normal potion. physics aside, its a little impractical for aerodynamics but with the draw strength on a bow/crossbow, it should fly normally (if not with a slight downward curve due to the added weight)

12 hours ago, Samler said:

just as my above comment said, ill probably rewrite this to have each arrow be 1/4 regular strength!  (thank you high_on_math) this should make it much more fair and balanced, as well as make it seem not as overpowered. the main reason i did have it be 4potions x 1 arrow was for the sake of getting the potions, since alchemy is hard to learn or expensive, i did want to make it worthwhile to anyone seeking to make these!

i hope this makes sense

I like this actually.

Itd obviously make CRP take 100x longer cuz theres a whole new weapon or some shit, but like, I enjoy the idea of having different arrows. Considering all the wierd shit people have done in lotc so far too, im surprised special arrows arent already a thing.

+1 to goosie woosey

I personally love the idea of potion arrows, I would agree with a few comments here how the arrows should be a 1 to 1 instead of one potion makes 4 arrows.  Or how the strength of the potion should be reduced by 1/4th.

Considering the slow (I haven't read it in a while it may be changed) emoting speed to draw back a bow it is weirdly balanced.

I would love the idea of medical potions in these though.

2 hours ago, Operator_Bugman said:

I personally love the idea of potion arrows, I would agree with a few comments here how the arrows should be a 1 to 1 instead of one potion makes 4 arrows.  Or how the strength of the potion should be reduced by 1/4th.

Considering the slow (I haven't read it in a while it may be changed) emoting speed to draw back a bow it is weirdly balanced.

I would love the idea of medical potions in these though.

crusaders crossbow real? 

On 9/24/2022 at 10:29 PM, Jihnyny said:

Would this even fly? Wouldnt the glass and the liquid inside be to heavy?

Kinda relevant but it seems this got tested and yea it'd probably shoot

This lore has been denied.

The team debated over the idea, as did management, and ultimately it was decided these would be exceedingly strong and provoke some odd interactions from alchemy pieces which do not account for this interaction. While a neat idea, it's ultimately something we think is better left to not work.